Level 22 - German Touring Car Championship..!!

• Thread starter MJGAIR
  • 96 comments
Lexus isn't German, yet you can use it for the German Touring Car Championship?
I'm new to GT so excuse my ignorance, but what is DTM?

The German bit refers to the locations of the races....just as BTCC does....the manufacturers and drivers involved can be from anywhere. In fact, the "golden years" of the BTCC involved no British cars at all and quite a lot of foreign drivers.

A little off topic but since someone mentioned the Camry, I love how you can use the Toyota Camry(Nascar) in the Japanese Championship:)

LOL you know whats even funnier? I used the AEM Honda S2000 in the american muscle event! :dopey: They allowed it because AEM is an american tuning company.

Ive been trying to get in this event for a while now, yet, there is no car in the main Dealership, or the Used Car Dealership to Buy,so how am i supposed to Race..???

I got lucky and already bought an Opel Astra DTM used car I saw. Foresight = Win.

The thing is fast!!! 1000kg and ~700Hp, smokes the cmpetition. Even B Spec left them standing...

I actually have the Lexus Concept twice, and I'm willing to give it away if anyone wants it. I'm benoliver999 on the game.

This car will win easily on A-spec without tuning, but I did upgrade the engine for B-spec, and it won easily.

Note: The car I am giving away does NOT have the engine upgrade. It is brand new, just unlocked.

Use the M3 GTR Race Car, the stock version right off the UCD is rock-solid and walks away from the competition with ease. I had no problems winning with this car.

Alfa Romeo 2.5 V6 Touring car works great. Still in the OCD if i remember correctly.

Oh and DTM isn't just for german cars, Alfa Romeo competes and it's an Italian car.

I got lucky and already bought an Opel Astra DTM used car I saw. Foresight = Win.

The thing is fast!!! 1000kg and ~700Hp, smokes the cmpetition. Even B Spec left them standing...

Why would you bother giving that thing 700hp for those races? Their cars are all [supposedly] stock. The thing comes stock with 450hp and you can annihilate them all so badly with it their children will disown them.

It is an awesome car, but I don't know whether I just noticed it more here, or maybe the AI just can't drive these cars anywhere near as well as most. I think it has something to do with them not understanding downforce. I haven't done too many of the other race car events to see if it's all race cars, but I don't remember the Super GT races being this easy.

I usually use the DTM Nordschleife event as my "grinding" race of choice. A bit slower than grinding indy, but WAY more fun and better practice. I actually went so far as to give the Astra 200kg of ballast and a 50%(!!!) restrictor and still won(on hard tires). I recommend doing this actually at least once. It makes the race pretty fun, since they'll have you by like 60mph on the straight. They're just plain terrible at the ring in particular.

I got lucky and I got the Audi R8 LMS Race Car from a 1000 Ticket. I upgraded it up for online play, not knowing it could be used in DLM, but when I saw that it could, I was hyped up and I beat them easily, even after I took everything off when I did some grinding. Talk about luck, huh?

Hi, in the early 90's we've seen Alfas and Volvos competing in the DTM series and we've also seen DTM cars (a D2 CLK DTM for example..) competing as guests in the JGTC championship (now called Super GT) so personally, i don't find it that strange that a Lexus can compete in the DTM mode, I actually like the idea :)

This DTM series is a great challenge in the right car , i use the Opel Astra touring car in a de-tuned form and the race is very rewarding . give this a try if you want a good challenge.

racing hard tyres
300 bhp (use power limiter )
lower downforce to - front 16, rear 37.
abs off
brake balance - f4, r3.
100kg ballast

oh yeah I'm using a G25 also.

Last edited:
Ive been trying to get in this event for a while now, yet, there is no car in the main Dealership, or the Used Car Dealership to Buy,so how am i supposed to Race..???

Get this...I bought a BMW touring car the other day, and due to the lack of events in this game i thought i'd try the dtm.....NO! you're not allowed....hey but you can race your alfa romeo......EPIC FAIL!

The BMW Touring Car isn't a DTM car or even remotely close to DTM Spec. Not every car the game allows you to enter is an actual DTM car but the others are at least close to spec. I think the M3 GT-R can enter.

I won an Audi A4 Touring Car with the gift car ticket I got for completing the Expert-League. Was great fun driving it, especially on the Nürburgring, and I won quite easily. Well, I hope my Bobs will win as easy as me... anyway, I doubt it... :drool:

Why the hell can we use an lexus in the DTM series? Another GT5 myth...

Because it meets the requirements of DTM, perhaps? DTM is not just open for German cars... in the same way as the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship is not just open for cars from Scandinavia...

PD already said that the DTM was not included due to lack of time.
This series your driving is not under DTM rules
Its the german touring car championship rules even the italian alfa touring car can race the event. Given enough time I expect even a Ford mustang touring car would have been done buy PD.

I see your point....the majority of the DTM are front engined V8's, rear wheel drive.
But they should allow the BMW as....
1. Its a german touring car.
2. Its on a par with the mercedes 190 evolution and alfa ( 4 cylinder, rear wheel drive and power)
3. they allow the mid engined GT car Audi R8 and the BMW GTR, which are a considerably higher class cars than the merc and Alfa.

I see your point....the majority of the DTM are front engined V8's, rear wheel drive.

I guess you are referring to this post for the following..

But they should allow the BMW as....
1. Its a german touring car.
2. Its on a par with the mercedes 190 evolution and alfa ( 4 cylinder, rear wheel drive and power)
3. they allow the mid engined GT car Audi R8 and the BMW GTR, which are a considerably higher class cars than the merc and Alfa.

As to
1. It's from a german manufacturer, but never raced DTM (BTCC as far as I know)
2. Alfa is a V6 and AWD
3. agree ;)

Back