Level 22 - German Touring Car Championship..!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MJGAIR
  • 96 comments
  • 74,476 views
Messages
101
Messages
MJGAIR
Ive been trying to get in this event for a while now, yet, there is no car in the main Dealership, or the Used Car Dealership to Buy,so how am i supposed to Race..???
 
Ive been trying to get in this event for a while now, yet, there is no car in the main Dealership, or the Used Car Dealership to Buy,so how am i supposed to Race..???

Same problem here... I did see a few in the used car dealership earlier in the game...

Just skipping the DTM races for now (and keeping an eye on the used cars...)
 
there is a lexus concept in the new car dealership for 750 000 credits with an engine upgrade and tyres you will win easily
 
The Lexus IS-F, as richoman points out, can compete in the DTM championship.
 
Why can the lexus compete? its confusing me.

Seen on other threads about that too.

I used an S4 DTM car I got with my 1000 miles ticket.
 
yes , i used the lexus also , it was really easy
 
I race with BMW M3 GTR Race Car and it is easy!
 
Does the M3CSL qualify?

or is that not considered a "saloon"
 
I used the Lexus. At 750k it's far cheaper than the used, standard dtm cars and even if you don't tune it you can still win.
 
Definitely go with the lexus, you can mod it a bit too. I think to about 750hp? (can't remember exactly), but you will destroy them in that race.
 
Got a Vauxhall Calibra Touring car for this and it was good enough, no need to waste money on some 'lexus' ;)
 
Why can the lexus compete? its confusing me.

Seen on other threads about that too.

Because it was a DTM/GT concept. Its not entirely fair because none of the official DTM cars in the game are very modern so are completely outclassed.
 
I used the Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car ‘00 (standard) to beat this and the other European race. It costs some where in the 1.4mil Cr range. It was totally worth it to me. It handles like a dream and I am sure Bspec Bob will love it.
 
I wonder if I can use the Chromeline M3 for this race?
 
Lexus isn't German, yet you can use it for the German Touring Car Championship?
I'm new to GT so excuse my ignorance, but what is DTM?
 
I am pretty sure Chromeline M3 can't, and I am pretty sure it won't be fast enough.

I bought a Lexus yesterday and going to try to do DTM and Super GT with it...

DTM is German Touring Car Championship. If you noticed there is also an Alfa(Italian) on the list of eligible cars. Its like Toyota in NASCAR. All you need is a car that is built to the rule to race. So far in the last few years only Mercedes and Audi are in the series but BMW is returning.
 
Gotcha, makes sense. I was a little confused when I saw a Camry in Nascar. Haha. I think I'll go with the Lexus since I don't have to wait around and buy it used.
 
Used a modded ISF Concept. Mind bogglingly easy.
 
Got a Vauxhall Calibra Touring car for this and it was good enough, no need to waste money on some 'lexus' ;)

Except the Lexus is faster, cheaper, better looking, premium and you don't have to waste time waiting for it to show up in the dealership.
 
I used the abt TT-R Touring Car, just did an engine rebuild after purchase. Easy win, the competition couldn't touch it.

Here is another thread on these forums about the same thing
 
Lexus intake and exhaust upgrades no turbo at all stage 3 engine soft tires, about 630hp, gold, gold, gold on nurburg by like 18 seconds, and i went off once.
 
No need to upgrade the Lexus to win this. Easy win with no upgrades.
 
Cheers for the ideas, bit strange you can use other cars from different Countries though ..
 
ISF Racing Concept FTW. Doesn't need tweaks, it'll crush the opposition if your good enough. Isn't that hard.
 
Saw a CLK DTM in the used dealerships when I had this event unlocked and was grinding for a fully fledged race car (787B, 908, etc.), but I just jumped on the opportunity knowing another one might not show up for a while. Took it to the event and won it easily. BTW, the CLK DTM sounds amazing... Huge improvement from GT4. Actually sounds very lifelike and like an actual race car.
 
Back