Level 22 - German Touring Car Championship..!!

• Thread starter MJGAIR
  • 96 comments
Lexus isn't German, yet you can use it for the German Touring Car Championship?
I'm new to GT so excuse my ignorance, but what is DTM?

This is (apparently) because Toyota was going to end up racing in the DTM according to some old racing news reports back in 2008 under their Lexus banner. (For some reason is was considered legal) They decided not to, and apparently PD left the ability to use the IS-F in the GTCC races. Since all the DTM cars in the game are outmoded (except for the CLK Touring car - BEAST handling). If I find the reports again, I'll post the links here. I may be wrong, it can just be because of the locations of the races and the fact that it wasn't the actual DTM series placed in GT5. If I'm wrong, let me know.

The reason it was considered 'legal' is that there is no obligation for DTM cars, both Masters and Meisterschaft, to be German. I don't get why people think they must be lol.

Rather than hope a proper and worthy car shows up in the Used Car Dealership or if a friend had a worthy car, I went and bought the Lexus IS F Racing Concept. I won all three races. Be ready for some close racing, though. The IS F Racing Concept is a very good car. Almost makes you wonder what if Lexus actually entered DTM. I didn't care about the IS F Racing Concept for this championship until I read the description for it. Go get you one!

A Japanese Lexus Racing Concept counts as a German Touring Car? Well, the Italian Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 is a JGTC car in Japan, so I guess that might of been what they went for
Edit: You guys can win the IS-F Racing Concept in the Nurburgring 4 Hour B Spec

Cowboys965
A Japanese Lexus Racing Concept counts as a German Touring Car? Well, the Italian Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 is a JGTC car in Japan, so I guess that might of been what they went for

Thought of that too 👍

Edit: You guys can win the IS-F Racing Concept in the Nurburgring 4 Hour B Spec

It counts because it's a concept that was intended to be raced in the DTM, thus it complies to the regulations of that championship, of which the GT5 version is attempting to emulate (allowing historic cars like the Alfa etc. to race as well as some GT cars to give a wider choice.).

You don't have to be a Japanese manufacturer to compete in SuperGT, the reason it's only home companies in GT500 is that they are works teams, and no other manufacturers want to spend money competing in a series dominated by passionately supported domestic manufacturers making racing cars that don't have much to do with their road-going efforts. The reason Toyota/Lexus looked at DTM is that the brands competing (Merc, Audi and now BMW from 2012) are all in the same market as Lexus, making fast, luxury cars.

The NOMAD Diablo was not a works effort, merely a privateer one, as have been the McLaren F1, Merc CLK and others that have periodically appeared in the JGTC/SuperGT series.

Back