Little Duckpond Under The Mountain.

• Thread starter Thorin Cain
  • 763 comments
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR T.C '05
View attachment 324019
Click on top line desription for link to GTP tunes database.

Specifications:

Performance Points: 568pp
Max. power: 578bhp
Weight: 1100kg
Weight Distribution: 60:40
Drivetrain: 4WD

This tune was created with No Aids on RM tyres.

For ABS=1, use brake balance 4/8. (Or feel free to use preferred BB.)

This tune was created for full power upgrades and for use on all Racing tyres. The car was tuned and tested across a multitude of tracks and has Transmission ratios set for 174mph, this should be suitable for the majority of short-average length race circuits.

I will be doing another set of transmission ratios for the longer tracks as well as a top speed version for SSRX in the next day or 2.

Have fun and enjoy your drive!
^^^ REVIEW

Well things didn’t start off great for trying this one :grumpy:, none of it your fault though, too bad :banghead:. Kept reading the wrong numbers on the transmission setup, then read you took it to 600PP World Circuit Tour and I went to 600PP World Touring Car Championship, after the first race I couldn’t understand how you could find this easy, especially with ABS/0, you have to try it there at Grand Valley against those cars, you might see a few things that aren’t apparent on other tracks.

TRM Road Course: Really not my favorite track, especially with 4WD cars, but let’s not get to judgemental and let’s give it a try before judging it to harshly .... 1st forgot to put MT but did turn the ABS to 0, I know there are people who can drive 4WD efficiently, they know how to utilize it’s forces to overshadow it’s weaknesses, the first three laps I did the opposite, yes I won easily but before analyzing the car I will wait until the next race.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix: We could write a book about my driving with MT, especially tonight, but we won’t and I’ll put it back to AT for the next races. What struck me the most when I was on the track was the smoothness of the suspension and the rapid acceleration out of curves. It takes me a while to trust a car for the big push out of curves, just hate it when a car’s traction decides for you where you are going to turn, that you like it or not. This car will let you out of the apex with flying colors.

Daytona Road Course: Not much to say here, boring race, but something did jump out, this is just an observation but it seems that with 4WD you have to place the apex a little closer to the beginning of the curve, and with a car well tuned you can use it’s superior acceleration to pull out, yup I noticed this because I tried it quite a few times on this track :bowdown:, so I guess that it’s well tuned, well at least for the MLSD that is 👍, and the suspension 👍, but what about the transmission :eek:?

Circuit De Spa: My wish for here would have been to have a little more front end downforce, curves should be taken at full gas, it would have been nice to keep the speed up on those long fast curves, there wasn’t missing much.

Ascari: Curve city, oversteer nightmare :crazy:, just kidding there is some oversteer but it’s all very controllable, how can you put a fault when your first after the first lap.

Conclusion: Excellent 4WD tune, will be handy to keep this one for the future (and to rip off some of it’s secrets), hope the customer was satisfied because it's a great car. Ah yes the transmission, I think this one will be our first guinea pig, will send you the tests next week. :cheers:

Well things didn’t start off great for trying this one :grumpy:, none of it your fault though, too bad :banghead:. Kept reading the wrong numbers on the transmission setup, then read you took it to 600PP World Circuit Tour and I went to 600PP World Touring Car Championship, after the first race I couldn’t understand how you could find this easy, especially with ABS/0, you have to try it there at Grand Valley against those cars, you might see a few things that aren’t apparent on other tracks.
:lol: Those old eyes of yours playing tricks again? I'll give that race a shot 👍 I've taken the car round a few times but not in the heat of battle. I wonder what secrets it holds.

Thank you for such a comprehensive review. I'm glad it worked out ok for you, almost. Did I neglect to mention I used a different transmission for Daytona? :dopey: oops! For future reference I used the Route X transmission I've posted a bit further down the page. 👍 Sorry about that :guilty: it's a bit long but better than running into the rev limiter.
As for the customer liking it, I hope so. They actually liked the post at the same time you posted the review, so fingers crossed I don't get a W_F post soon from them. :lol:

I look forward to the transmission tests you have proposed, should be interesting. :) Can't wait to see what you've been up to.

Love your tunes man. Is your favourite colour red?
Thank you. It's always good to here they work out for people.

Is my favourite colour red? Hmm, erm, yes just a little bit. Could you tell? :lol:

Did I hear glasses tching, where's the wine? I brought the
cheese.jpeg

Now that came out of nowhere :D, I give it a try sometime this week 👍.
Didn't it ;) I've been meaning to do some Lambos for a while and this one just jumped out at me. I really wanted to do the Murcielago Chromeline first but what the h e double l.
Now at least I've got something to work with, still trying to figure out these Mid-ship 4WDs (or any 4WDs for that matter :dopey:) Please remember this when you get in, the car is a monster. :eek:The bark of that exhaust note is nothing compared to it's bite :sly: Get it wrong on the first two corners on Mid-Field Reverse and you'll either be slamming into a rock face or a burger joint. :lol: Get it right and you might just arrive at turn 3 a lot quicker than expected :scared:

Don't worry though...it's all uphill from there :lol:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce

View attachment 335960
Click top line description for link to GTP tunes database.

Built for the Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15

Specifications:
Performance Points: 576pp
Max. power: 660bhp
Weight: 1565 kg
Weight Distribution: 43:57
glitter_text4.gif

You've done an incredible job,
though you were robbed of your first pick.
You let me take the easy rode,
while you took the hard one.
You've put the effort,
you've put the time,
and you've put the dedication,
and I salute highly,
that was one great melody.
:cheers:

glitter_text4.gif

You've done an incredible job,
though you were robbed of your first pick.
You let me take the easy rode,
while you took the hard one.
You've put the effort,
you've put the time,
and you've put the dedication,
and I salute highly,
that was one great melody.
:cheers:
Thank you my good friend:cheers: I'm extremely happy to have managed to take a step on the podium in my first challenge and amongst some great entries too.. I know how you must have felt after your first one now :D I'm just sad that in a Supercar shootout, I helped Lamborghini get the better of Ferrari. How can I ever live with the shame :embarrassed: :lol:

Lovely car, still competetive even with 0 camber. Wonderful handling. Question: Should I put big wheels like in the photo?
Glad to here you like it :) Unfortunately @Dirty_Duck is no longer with us here on GTP so he can't answer. I know he always used as big a wheel as he could and would have tuned the car with those on it. I would say give it a go, there will be some difference in handling with a slightly firmer feel but it should still do the job 👍

View attachment 335960

Specifications:

Hey bud.....just dropped by to let you know I used this tune again to Gold a seasonal, this time Ascari. (9/12/15), was
planted, little wheel spin and easy to control. This really is a GREAT car. 👍

Hey bud.....just dropped by to let you know I used this tune again to Gold a seasonal, this time Ascari. (9/12/15), was

Also used this to set my time, very good car for the event.
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm happy you can get some use out of her 👍 I'll have to give it a go myself once I get my login bonus back up to speed :)

Out of curiosity, did you power up or put her on a diet to meet the pp?

I
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm happy you can get some use out of her 👍 I'll have to give it a go myself once I get my login bonus back up to speed :)

Out of curiosity, did you power up or put her on a diet to meet the pp?
I'll check in a bit.....almost bet its powered up, I don't mess with the weight or any other part of the tune.

O.K. Thorin, I made a few more changes than I thought. Weight dropped to 1257kgs, still position 0 to keep the same balance. The power mods. that I am running are semi-racing exhaust and sports cat, Power Limiter set to 99.4.
running stock trans. (I think that was how you submitted it) and LSD settings unchanged. Suspension settings also unchanged. Try it out and let me know what you think. On big power SH tire seasonals, this is my go to tune. Run this car a lot in that slot. Its predictable, consistent, powerful and fast! (not to mention sounds MEAN and LOOKS sexy!)

View attachment 335960

Specifications:

Just like @fordracer & @biffa3 said It's a Great Car!!! Excellent Tune!!! 👍 👍

I took it out to the Ascari Seasonal which I had already won with a Ferrari FXX at 2:14.950. I tweaked it a little bit, Rear Spring Rate - 19.30 ARB front - 4 and thats all I did to it and got a Lap Time of 2:13.300 (UPDATE NEW LAP TIME) :eek: and I passed TL in the standings, but just by a little bit. 👍 :D (Don't tell him Shhhhh :mischievous:) :lol: :D

I beat my Ferrari FXX time. 👍 :eek: with a stock trans too!! I'm glad I checked it out.

This car is Fantastic!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: Dude it is so much better to drive in this event than the FXX, it handles way better and coming out of corners it just goes, I hit the gas coming out of a turn and it takes off
Bat out of Hell.jpg
:lol: 👍

Update= New Lap Time= 2:13.300. I'm now No. 2 on the Friends Ranking 👍

Get You Some of That 1.jpg
TL :D

I know I won't catch The @RMan72 but I bet I could. 👍

Cheers Smiley.gif

Last edited:
Just like @fordracer & @biffa3 said It's a Great Car!!! Excellent Tune!!! 👍 👍

I took it out to the Ascari Seasonal which I had already won with a Ferrari FXX at 2:14.950. I tweaked it a little bit, Rear Spring Rate - 19.30 ARB front - 4 and thats all I did to it and got a Lap Time of 2:14.783 :eek: and I passed TL in the standings, but just by a little bit. 👍 :D (Don't tell him Shhhhh :mischievous:) :lol: :D

I beat my Ferrari FXX time. 👍 :eek: with a stock trans too!! I'm glad I checked it out.

View attachment 446927
uh, you sure about that, looks more like the Pagini is in front :mischievous:.

👍, good going Tom :bowdown:, tomorrow I'll try @Thorin Cain car just to see what I can do with it, we're still 2 seconds of @RMan72 :grumpy:, so maybe if we keep pushing each other we might get a bit closer to him, and maybe :eek:, just maybe pass him :D. :cheers:

Thank You and Yea I know, We are so close, I am less than a second behind him. Just after I posted my first time, I go look at the rankings board and you were back in 2nd again, so I said Oh It's On Now!!! Let's Do This!!!

I like that we can push each other to do better, 👍 I'm done doing it for tonight, I'll try tomorrow too!

Cheers Smiley.gif

Back