Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15 - Congratulations to the Champion DolHaus!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 658 comments
United States
United States
WrecklessAbandon
Mid-Field Supercar Shootout
Mid-Field%20Raceway_4_zpslaiyyz1u.jpg

FITT.jpg

Da Cars:

Ferrari GTO '84
491/1160/550 - High RPM Turbo Kit

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
600/1410/558 - ES2

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12
625/1480/561 - ES3 - Sports Computer

Chevrolet Corvette Z06(C6) '06
580/1421/562 - ES2

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray(C7) '14
596/1500/564 - ES2 - Sports Computer - Sports Cat

Ferrari F430 Scuderia '07
562/1350/565 - ES3
Ferrari F40 '92

614/1352/566 - High RPM Turbo - Sports Computer, Cat - Intake - Exhaust manifold
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

593/1485/566 - ES3
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
622/1490/568 - ES2
Ferrari F430 '06

604/1450/569 - ES3 - Sports Computer - Sports Cat
Nissan GTR SpecV '09

624/1680/571 - ES3
Lamborghini Countach '88

677/1490/571 - ES3 - Sports Computer, Cat - Intake - Exhaust manifold - Custom wing A
SRT Viper GTS '13

673/1556/572 - Sports Computer - Custom wing B
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1(C6) '09

639/1508/573 - Stock
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09

649/1620/573 - ES3 - Sports Computer - Sports Cat
Mercedes SLS AMG '10
611/1620/574 - Supercharger
SRT Viper GTS '02
680/1569/575 - ES2 - Sports Computer - Sports Cat
Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11

642/1552/575 - Intake tuning - Exhaust manifold
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09

660/1565/576 - Stock
SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe '06

685/1565/578 - ES2
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98

671/1530/578 - Medium Turbo Kit - Aero IS adjustable!
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08

606/1552/580 - Stock - Remove wing
Aston Martin One-77 '11

748/1630/580 - Stock
Nissan NISMO GTR '14

635/1720/585 - ES1 - Sports Cat

Aero parts are banned, except:
SRT Viper GTS '13 - Custom wing B
Lamborghini Countach - Custom wing A
Viper ACR - Remove wing
Diablo GT2 '98 - Aero IS adjustable!

Code: ES1(or 2 or 3) Engine Stage 1(or 2 or 3)
HP/Weight/PP

Da Regs:
All cars have a set build.
SS Tires
All available drivetrain, suspension, and brake parts are to be installed on all cars.
All cars have a select modification list, power parts are specified, meaning all cars have the power parts listed, no more or less.
Weight is stock for all. (no weight reductions or ballast)
Transmissions are stock for all.
No flat floors.
No oil changes.
No chassis reinforcement because it cannot be undone.
Nothing that changes the power, weight, or PP of a listed vehicle.

Aero parts are banned, except:
SRT Viper GTS '13 - Custom wing B
Lamborghini Countach - Custom wing A
Viper ACR - Remove wing
Diablo GT2 '98 - Aero IS adjustable!

Da Rules:
Limit one entry per tuner
All submitted entries are final
Anyone asking if nitrous is allowed loses 2 seconds off their laps

Testing:
Grip reduction must be changed to "real" before testing
SRF is a criminal offense, and those found guilty will be slaughtered by fire-breathing dragons
ABS must be set to "1", unless directly specified by a tuner
TCS and ASM are banned
Driving line is fine 👍
Testers may test either the Forward, OR Reverse layout. Ambitious testers may test both directions

No excessive bickering, flaming, bashing, or insults will be tolerated. Fight nicely.

FITT Standardized Rules
As creating enjoyable competition is one of our goals within the GTP community, we have collected a generalized set of guidelines to accompany a FITT sponsored event. These are based on a "tried-and-true" method and have been refined through numerous events sponsored since our inception. That said, they are not set in stone nor are they the only rules that can be used or that will be needed. However, Rule 13 is the exception and MUST be a part of every FITT sponsored event.

1)Each tuner may submit one entry for the challenge unless otherwise specified in the event rules.

2)Car limitations and restrictions will be set by the Event Sponsor (hereafter, "ES").

3)All tunes and test results must be submitted no later than the deadline specified by the ES. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is the standard time used for all deadlines unless otherwise specified. Please be sure to use the time calculator provided if you're unsure of the deadline. Accepting late submissions is at the sole discretion of the ES.

4)The ES will designate which track(s) and cars are to be tested on as well as all testing parameters. Cars are to be tested exactly as written by the tuner. ES will determine if test cars are to be placed on "share" by tuners or purchased and tuned individually by testers. It is at the discretion of the ES to decide if tuners may participate as drivers. Drivers must submit a time/review for all cars by the testing deadline. The winner(s) will be determined by a formula set by ES before the start of competition.

5)Test drivers are expected to be very conscientious in setting up their test facilities to ensure equal testing parameters for all vehicles. The ES reserves the right to question any and all lap times submitted by test drivers. At the discretion of the ES, a test driver may be asked to repeat testing for the car(s) in question or all cars in the contest, or may choose to exclude any and all times associated with the test driver in question. Also at the discretion of the ES, the test driver may be asked to produce photo or video proof of unusual lap times.

13) Driver feedback, both positive and negative, is strongly encouraged and should be done in a constructive manner. Not all tunes work well for every driver. Personal attacks WILL NOT be tolerated and may result in penalties or disqualification at the discretion of the organizer(s) and also may be subject to sanction by GTPlanet Moderating Staff. Treat all participants and spectators in a respectful manner so that everyone may enjoy the event.

Tuning deadline is 3/26/15 (Midnight PST)
Testing deadline is 4/18/15 (Midnight PST)

I will be using the "when I get on the next day" method. (When I get on the next day is the deadline put into practice, which may be as soon as 12:01 PST, or it could be up to several hours later(most likely)

Last edited:
Tuners:
doblocruiser - SRT Viper GTS '02
DaBomm4 - Ferrari F40 '92
Brewguy44 - SRT Viper ACR '08
TurnLeft - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
xande1959 - Aston Martin One-77 '11
Motor City Hami - Nissan GT-R Nismo '14
shaunm80 - Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Bowtie-Muscle - Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
787bcgr - Nissan GT-R Nismo '14
Thorin Cain - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Ridox2JZGTE - Lamborghini Countach '88
DolHaus - Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
brian wolf - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) `09
Otaliema - Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07

Testing Settings: (Recommended for tuning)
SRF off
TCS and ASM are banned
Track time(set) 12:00
Track weather(set) 0%
Weather change 0
Testers may test either the Forward, OR Reverse layout, so test and tune for both directions as best possible.

Good luck and have fun. :)

Mid-Field%20Raceway_6_zpsz7ivehrn.jpg

Last edited:
Testers:
CSLACR
Lionheart2113
ONevermind
macdog54
Bowtie-Muscle
fordracer
biffa3
brian wolf
Thorin Cain

Testing:
SRF is a criminal offense, and those found guilty will be slaughtered by fire-breathing dragons
TCS and ASM are banned
Driving line is fine 👍
Track time(set) 12:00
Track weather(set) 0%
Weather change 0

Testers may test either the Forward, OR Reverse layout. Ambitious testers may test both directions
Testers are asked to give at least some feedback
A Drivers Choice(DC) rating must be given for all cars. If both directions are driven, separate feedback and DC scoring is welcome for each direction.

Good luck and have fun.
:)

Mid-Field%20Raceway_2_zpsohtrfge1.jpg

Last edited:
Scoreboard
Final rankings

Car-by-car timing sheet

Scoring will be consisted of 4 parts
Forward lap(avg)
Reverse lap(avg)
Average lap(forward and reverse combined and divided by 2)
X
(DC) Drivers Choice

1st: 40
2nd:39
3rd: 38
4th: 37
5th: 36
6th: 35
7th: 34
8th: 33
9th: 32
etc

Multiplied by average drivers choice score
FL bonus point
DC favorite bonus point
Most points = Winning

Tie breaker is DC, followed by fastest average,(combo) followed by fastest lap.
DC tie breaker is FL

Mid-Field%20Raceway_19_zpsnezb2q2j.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering since they are not listed, are these parts allowed on cars that can use them?
  • Racing Brakes
  • Twin/Triple-plate Clutch
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Center Differential
I also assume that any aftermarket aero and size up rims are not allowed? Looking forward to watching this event fold out. 👍

Just wondering since they are not listed, are these parts allowed on cars that can use them?
  • Racing Brakes
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Center Differential
I also assume that any aftermarket aero and size up rims are not allowed? Looking forward to watching this event fold out. 👍
Also chassis reinforcement needs a rule 👍 (I'd advise a ban due to the irreversible nature of the mod)

Are body kits and wings allowed?

• Racing Brakes
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • Center Differential

Good questions, and yes to all. (except chassis rigidity)
Power parts are specified, meaning all cars have the power parts listed, no more or less.
Weight is stock for all.
Transmissions are stock for all.
No chassis reinforcement because it cannot be undone.
No flat floors
Nothing that changes the power, weight, or PP of a listed vehicle.

(I think) Everything else is fair game.

2 things.
1. Lost my mind for a second, all drivetrain parts, suspension, and racing brakes are all mandatory on all cars.

2. Tuners tuning more than 1 car has crossed my mind. As many as 1 per drivetrain even.(but if it is, then mandatory x amount)
There are 11 FR, 6 MR, & 5 4WD cars for those wondering.

Last edited:
2 things.
1. Lost my mind for a second, all drivetrain parts, suspension, and racing brakes are all mandatory on all cars.

2. Tuners tuning more than 1 car has crossed my mind. As many as 1 per drivetrain even.(but if it is, then mandatory x amount)
There are 11 FR, 6 MR, & 5 4WD cars for those wondering.
This is getting a little out of hand, you haven't tested for FITT before so I think you are underestimating just how long it takes to test a normal group let alone one that needs two tests per entry. If a tuner can tune multiple cars then that multiplies the time investment once again. Also we're looking at half a million per car on average so a tester is going to have to spend upwards of 10 million in total if all cars are picked.

This is getting a little out of hand, you haven't tested for FITT before so I think you are underestimating just how long it takes to test a normal group let alone one that needs two tests per entry. If a tuner can tune multiple cars then that multiplies the time investment once again. Also we're looking at half a million per car on average so a tester is going to have to spend upwards of 10 million in total if all cars are picked.

Ummm... he's not new to FITT https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ife-shootout-v2-0.272696/page-23#post-8142622

Just very ambitious. :)

The game has been out a year most people will have a decent selection to the cars in the list alr already and if not its a list that they should have anyways imho. Everyone of them I have or is on my short list to buy.

@CSLACR Ill tune for this and test time permitting. We are moving into a new house at the end of the month so I may not have time to test.
Could we at least get close ratio transmissions? That alone can be good for 2 or 3 seconds at track like mid-field :lol:

The game has been out a year most people will have a decent selection to the cars in the list alr already and if not its a list that they should have anyways imho. Everyone of them I have or is on my short list to buy.

@CSLACR Ill tune for this and test time permitting. We are moving into a new house at the end of the month so I may not have time to test.
Could we at least get close ratio transmissions? That alone can be good for 2 or 3 seconds at track like mid-field :lol:
In my opinion, close ratio trans may be too short and max out on the very long straight, haven't checked though, but stock tranny should eliminate that and save time and money on testers. I myself have almost all of the cars already and most if which I have purchased and have not touched yet. I have also been hoarding credits so am over 40mil.:sly:

@CSLACR you can put me down to tune please, and as a tentative tester as long as time permits.

Have to say, this is a very ambitious challenge and hopefully it won't scare testers away. In the end, they could have some good tunes for really expensive cars or an excuse to buy them.

I don't own any of these, but I'll give it a try, so count me in as a tuner. I'd ask for help from my fellow tuners for the car selection but there might be some who would direct me to the best lemon :lol:. Are you sure about 1 car per drivetrain? That could lead up to quite tonnage of scrap metal :eek:.

Ok, so it seems a pretty resounding response to limit one tune per tuner. So one tune per tuner. :)

*Transmission(short or custom) would **** the specs up so bad, imagine a 585PP GT-R against a 550PP Ferrari GTO. With any gears, imagine that. :eek:

*Not a jab at TurnLeft, but hot damn I pity the foo with none of these cars.
Anything American or a GT-R can be had relatively cheap. 👍

*Total cost of cars included is no more than 7 million. (I have to check price of the GTO and One-77)

I'll do The SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08 and I'll do some testing too! :D :cheers:
One question if it's stock, No tuning can be done right? I just run it at Midfield on Sport's Soft that's all? :confused:

Last edited:
Ok, so it seems a pretty resounding response to limit one tune per tuner. So one tune per tuner. :)

*Transmission(short or custom) would **** the specs up so bad, imagine a 585PP GT-R against a 550PP Ferrari GTO. With any gears, imagine that. :eek:

*Not a jab at TurnLeft, but hot damn I pity the foo with none of these cars.
Anything American or a GT-R can be had relatively cheap. 👍

*Total cost of cars included is no more than 7 million. (I have to check price of the GTO and One-77)
It's not a question of cost :lol:, I've bought all the vintage cars from 1 000 000 and up :D, I just prefer slower cars like the one I drive everyday (and that I can handle :rolleyes:) or the pre 80's for their looks, BTW I just went and bought 3 of them, MR,FR,and 4WD, and it doesn't sadden me a bit to sell 2 of them off for scrap metal :P. I think this is a great occasion to try something different from what I usually do 👍.

Sounds like fun. Just use the standard tune form from the blind challenge. Could level the flield, or bring a good car to the top spot.

question if it's stock, No tuning can be done right?
You can tune the LSD and suspension but not weight or power.

Clueless Rule,

Mid-Field%20Raceway_2_zpstki9zjec.jpg

:P
A Ferrari is the underdog....

Wow, a very good selection of cars :drool: I have almost all of them built before as replica, a few of them I have driven at Midfield and are very nice + quick.

The SRT Viper T/A, or the Gallardo SL or the Diablo GTR, or 458 GT3 or C6 ZR1 Full Power Nurb Tune or NISMO GTR 2014, or GTO Wangan or R8 GT or Murcielago SV or F40, where's F40 or Countach, yes Countach :sly: ?.. so many of them with good base that I may not need to do anything other than to fit the regs ( power/weight ), as they were built with many RL restriction like alignment and weight distribution. If there's 25th Anniversary Countach or F40, I would have much easier time to pick :D Anyway I'm in as a tuner.

Back