Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships New York World Tour

First time Latkovski hasn’t been the cause of contention during the series. Seems to have cleaned his game up some. Could be hard to beat tomorrow. Of course it all depends on the car choice lottery.

It’s my perception that Latkovski is marketed as the No. 1 driver for the 3-pointed star at these events. The Chilean With the Pro TCR drive doesn’t get that title by default of being a real world racer?

No. The Toyota did a dirty move under braking. Hizal had nowhere to go.

Also, how that hell does that matter for what I wrote? Hizal also got bumped a few times.
Because position is important, if you get penalty you lose ranking, and pack with group from behind, and it's different story
He get too, that's why i said are there any stewart on this race ?

Because position is important, if you get penalty you lose ranking, and pack with group from behind, and it's different story
He get too, that's why i said are there any stewart on this race ?

Ok, I guess.

Im gonna describe my pov of my teams race.

I was the one chosen to do the qualy. My lap for Inter was quite ok, but it wasn't good enough for anything else than last. It was very frustrating tho because I was literally 1 tenth away from 7th,which could have made a lot of difference in the end.

First race Snake takes the wheel coming from last. He did a very very good race, clean and consistent, bringing home a chaos free 7th place.

Second race I was the one racing. On the start I overtook the VW in turn 1 and and made contact with Tsutsus Lexus in turn two. He started to lose the rear because of it, then I start to lift to avoid making him spin. On the process, the VW hits me in the back and I spun. I got really lucky I managed to do a full 360 and didn't lose the time I would if not. I went back to 11th if I remember correctly. Beginning of lap 2 I was punted off by the Hyundai in turn 2 as well. After that I tried to get focused again and recover. Did some good moves and finished the race in 6th. Good result after the first couple of laps, but still very frustrating because I had a winning car+pace combo in my hands, and Id be already 5th in the first straight if I wasn't spun out. Fair play to the VW driver that went straight to me after the race to apologise.

3rd race Kenny had the job to drive. He started well, the guys behind us started fighting and we created a good gap to the cars behind. In the middle of the race, the cars in front started to fight, the back pack caught us and a bit of rough racing started. Kenny was 4th for a couple of minutes in the second half of the race, but then the Subaru and Porsche fighting themselves hit us wide and Kenny dropped back to 7th. He ended the race there.

For the final race, our strategy was do 7-9-9 laps with hards-mediums-softs respectively. Snake started on hards. First turn the Hyundai goes for a massive dive and we, on the outside, receives the worst of it. We went back to 11th. Then we started to actually try to use the draft and save fuel as much as possible. Snake did a good job on that and passed the wheel to Kenny on mediums. He did amazingly well on it, good pace and very smart fuel saving. Then I took the well on softs. I underfueled a bit, coming out in 11th. Had a lot of battles against the cars in front, was about to finish 5th but VW caught me in the last straight and we ended up in 6th. Pretty good considering we were 11th by turn 2.

Final position was 7th in the rankings. The qualifying and my bad luck in my solo race cost us a lot. Our final race was really good tho, the strategy was on point. We had potential for much better if qualifying and my race wasn't ruined by mistakes of others, but that's racing.

Now it's time to think about Salzburg in 3 weeks time. I really hope we have an, at least, decent qualifying track for the Gr3 car.

Thanks to my Jag teammates, really nice to drive with you.

Congratulations to the podium finishers.

Last edited:
You forget he bumped the Toyota driver twice at some point and didn't get penalty, so the result is biased
And he is not alone, another guy bumped too and no penalty, there are not stewart on this race ?
The Toyota should have gotten the penalty I think. He took the defensive line so Hizal took the outside but then he moved back over under braking. Changing lines, especially when battling for position when braking is illegal.

You forget he bumped the Toyota driver twice at some point and didn't get penalty, so the result is biased
And he is not alone, another guy bumped too and no penalty, there are not stewart on this race ?

I'm happy it didn't result in a penalty. The lines were commited coming down the straight, and if you go back and watch the bump again, Cookie stayed on the far right of the track, wasn't a pixel of space left for him. It was the Toyota that conceded the racing line coming down the straight and then cut off Mikal on the brakes.

BOOOOO!!!! 👎👎👎👎 Alfa Romeo For the Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding...

but seriously, ALFA ROMEO FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m asking for Mercedes bro, for Mercedes.
Okay didn’t understand “3 pointed star.” But still Latkovski has proven to be crazy AND crazy fast in the last event, so it makes sense that they’re focusing on him. He almost won both rounds at Paris.

Was there enough time for everyone to get a go? How much time did you get behind the wheel? I gotta check out Spa but more importantly I want to feel a wheel with stronger FFB

It’s my perception that Latkovski is marketed as the No. 1 driver for the 3-pointed star at these events. The Chilean With the Pro TCR drive doesn’t get that title by default of being a real world racer?
Not sure if you're in some silly mood or something but, that 'Chilean' as you call it, does, have a name you know?

Sorry, you're probably just joking but, to me, it came off a bit disrespectful. Especially, considering who he is along with his quite colorful accomplishments on his Sim Racing resume.:)

Well wouldn’t that go to Fraga, as he has won both in real world cars and at the GTS tournaments?
Hard to argue this.. Unless, the rules are constructed certain way.

I’m asking for Mercedes bro, for Mercedes.

Okay didn’t understand “3 pointed star.” But still Latkovski has proven to be crazy AND crazy fast in the last event, so it makes sense that they’re focusing on him. He almost won both rounds at Paris.
:lol::lol: It's not your fault bud :lol::lol:.. After re-reading his post for about the 3rd time to try and figure out just exactly what he was tring to convey, it totally hit me at once and I burst out into laughter.

I think the reason we were confused that he was solely talking about Nick's performance within the Mercedes team was because, he was saying ' 3 Pointed Stars', rather then calling Mercedes The Silver Arrows :lol:.

Well anyway, even though I live in N.Y.C, I'm smack dab in the middle of moving. That, along with work kept me from going there today :ouch:

I feel terrible not being there to support my friends and to be able to meet so many of you guys.

However, I'm putting my foot down - putting everything aside and making a point to show up tomorrow :cheers:.

Can't wait :gtpflag:

Last edited:
The Toyota should have gotten the penalty I think. He took the defensive line so Hizal took the outside but then he moved back over under braking. Changing lines, especially when battling for position when braking is illegal.
I'm happy it didn't result in a penalty. The lines were commited coming down the straight, and if you go back and watch the bump again, Cookie stayed on the far right of the track, wasn't a pixel of space left for him. It was the Toyota that conceded the racing line coming down the straight and then cut off Mikal on the brakes.
I recheck and i agree with you guys :lol:
No room left for Hizal to avoid the changing line from the Toyota driver

The win for Mercedes and Cody Latkovski was well deserved and earned in the best possible way vs the last few times Cody has been there for the last corners drama.

So happy to see him win without drama and just pure talent and speed!

I made another little cameo, they used my voice from Nurburgring at 7:57 I was on the team radio to Angelo "anything can happen, so let's keep pushing". Well done to my Aston Marin team mates, at least we were team mates for the online portion in the pre-season to qualify for this event before I jumped onto the PUG train. If I ever make another world tour I'm gonna do a Dan Holland and wear tartan shorts.

As always, the first races looked stupid short but the final was the perfect duration.

Once again the stewards were not very clairvoyant, many diving manœuvres were left unpunished (i.e. bmw driver in second race...). I still think GT sport loses credibility as an driving/racing e-sport with the FIA approval every time someone does a dive/bump pass without any getting damages nor penalty.

In the final race, it was interesting to see the different strategies, and I wish we could have seen a bit more the race of the Subaru. Cody stepped up his sportmanship, he drove very clean and super fast, this last race battle was nice to watch.

Quite a roller coaster. Grats for the Mercedes and well done for rest. Honestly happy seeing Alfa Romeo and Subaru there.

Last race was beautiful

Is he talking about Bernal, the chilean from Costa Rica, Brazil? In this case, I believe Cody is higher in the alien hierarchy.

Congrats to Hizal and the Alfa team, though they did a disservice for the BOP making those cars look competitive.

Back