Livery Editor - CarsConfirmed (GT6) 

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 173 comments
Now THAT would be a downside to this. We would get Forza's problem together with the feature.
Have you ever played Forza?

Seriously! Everyone who brings up the potential downsides with the Forza livery editor has no idea about the truth of things. Go into any online lobby and no-one has cars covered in Japanese cartoons and phalli.

What a joke.

Have you ever played Forza?

Seriously! Everyone who brings up the potential downsides with the Forza livery editor has no idea about the truth of things. Go into any online lobby and no-one has cars covered in Japanese cartoons and phalli.

What a joke.

As a huge fan of itasha I find that mildly disappointing. :P

Why are people so openly anti-anime inspired liveries anyway? As if it's some kind of logical conclusion that they're a drawback of a potential livery editor?

FV6ts.jpg

5249477263_d238ba98c0_b.jpg

I don't watch anime but I don't perceive them as any different to any other type of livery, and it's not like they don't exist in high level motorsport.

I am reading this thread...

1. I can see the import idea being abused... I wonder how many cars would have naked women on them or swear words if you allowed that...
2. The idea of a livery editor is a good one. Some designs I made for another game:

ah well I will find them

The Forza people solved that perceived "problem" long, long ago, using the same mechanism used in this forum. Specifically, conduct violators are reported, offending material deleted and violators forfeit their Xbox Live subscription.

:)
I looked around and found nothing offensive, and you can't download offensive things... the worst thing was probably a Playboy 458, but it was just the words and the bunny symbol. I think its possible to abuse it if you don't publish your work, but if you do publish it it isn't hard to catch people.

It would also be cool, I don't know if this has been mentioned, to have a design creator, like in Forza where we can create the vinyl before applying it to the car.

It would also be cool, I don't know if this has been mentioned, to have a design creator, like in Forza where we can create the vinyl before applying it to the car.

No need to mention because it's an obvious thing. No serious gaming company would create a livery editor and tell you "yeah, those 5h of work? reapeat it again if you want to use it in another car"... :)

This is a must have.

I would love to have the possibility to make liveries in Photoshop (or any other software) and save it to jpeg and than import from GT and past it in the car.
jpeg? Nah that wouldn't look good. png. :) But yess. I would love a livery editor.

One make races would make more sense ++++ I have so many reasons to say yes.

One make races would make more sense ++++ I have so many reasons to say yes.

I do hope GT will have a full grid to have One Make racing offline.

I've got 107 Austin Mini Cooper S 1965s in Forza6. While at the moment, the game doesn't have a one make option, I have 24(maximum number of cars on the track) different type liveries in each class (E, D, C) and within those classes different styled and numbered liveries. If that does come in an update, I'm ready!

For every one person that would create a cool design for a car, there are 10 kids that will race around the track with obscene photos and words. It just won't happen. PD is not going to have videos and photos of their product all over the internet with that sort of trash displayed on the cars. So as much as I would love to replicate vintage liveries, I don't think it will ever happen on a console game.

If Kaz didn't like the idea of a livery editor, I wonder why he teased us that he planned to include said livery editor

G7akmOh.jpg

according to that though, we might just get number plate editors...

For every one person that would create a cool design for a car, there are 10 kids that will race around the track with obscene photos and words. It just won't happen. PD is not going to have videos and photos of their product all over the internet with that sort of trash displayed on the cars. So as much as I would love to replicate vintage liveries, I don't think it will ever happen on a console game.

If Kaz didn't like the idea of a livery editor, I wonder why he teased us that he planned to include said livery editor

View attachment 522534

View attachment 522534

If everything on that list was in the current GT (Like it's supposed to be) the game would be absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, they fell short in several parts of that list, and it's left all us fans of the series to shake our heads in disappointment.

Trying to stay optimistic here in thinking that maybe they've been working really hard on bringing the livery editor feature to us sometime soon (whether it be in Sport or 7), and that's why they've kept delayed it. We already know that they strive for perfection (though that comes up short for them most the time too).

Back