Livery editor on console - does it work ?

Hey lads, does the livery editor works for yous ? I'm on Xbox One X and I can't edit / create a custom livery. Bit weird.
I had a few issues with it when it came to initial creation - and really bizarre issues at that. The car wouldn't change colour in any way, and the vehicle number decals were chopped up and hanging off panels. As soon as I clicked on the save button, it all appeared as it ought and from then on changed in response to my selections.

I had a few issues with it when it came to initial creation - and really bizarre issues at that. The car wouldn't change colour in any way, and the vehicle number decals were chopped up and hanging off panels. As soon as I clicked on the save button, it all appeared as it ought and from then on changed in response to my selections.
I had the exact same issuem the wheels still look dodgy though. I like that you can open the doors.

It is buggy for sure but it does work. Just persevere. And whatever you do don't forget to hit save at the bottom left.

After hundreds of tryouts hear this: LEXUS RCF is not paintable (at the moment)!
I succeded with Ferrari and Porsche instead...
Just draw a car into your own team and... Well, you know it... :lol:

After hundreds of tryouts hear this: LEXUS RCF is not paintable (at the moment)!
I succeded with Ferrari and Porsche instead...
Just draw a car into your own team and... Well, you know it... :lol:
Lexus do not allow custom liveries apparently.

It’s slow and best to save often. Put I did manage to get a livery on a Porsche.
Also a hot fix is coming for the livery editor.

Last edited:
Their is a livery editor on the console version? I’m on PS4 and only seen irl livery selections and McLaren color selector.
When you are selecting a car - Where you see available liveries and drivers - above the car n name it says Add. Select that then the car you wish to create a livery for.

There is a common issue with the Livery Editor currently where any changes you make are not shown as a preview. To get round this use the solution by Famine below.

When you are selecting a car - Where you see available liveries and drivers - above the car n name it says Add. Select that then the car you wish to create a livery for.

Awesome, I seen the Add “button” haven’t gave the game a proper shake down yet, just been on track mostly.
Thanks!

Wow. I had no idea we could edit liveries! I wish Kunos would have put a manual online to explain some things.
It's a really simple editor, but it's not bad considering its simplicity.
20200626_133638.jpg
20200626_133607.jpg

Last edited:
I seem to be limited to two custom car liveries am I doing something wrong?
I was hoping for more, but I have just 2. When I tried to create a third one for my Bentley, it just wrote over my first.

Another question, the auxiliary lighting. Are those the LED strips that some of the cars run along the A-pillars or grille? I chose an option and color, turned the lights on and didn’t see them illuminate.

I started the career mode but have read it is a little underwhelming..and the main offline is the Championship mode

However I have read that you can only choose the cars that you unlocked when you completed the lambo academy in career mode

Is this correct? Or can you choose a team you have created ?

I started the career mode but have read it is a little underwhelming..and the main offline is the Championship mode

However I have read that you can only choose the cars that you unlocked when you completed the lambo academy in career mode

Is this correct? Or can you choose a team you have created ?
I have found that for some reason there’s only a small selection of teams and cars available for championship mode - don’t think it’s to do with the Lambo academy because I unlocked the 2018 Bentley after that however I can only race with the 2015 one in championship mode.

I have found that for some reason there’s only a small selection of teams and cars available for championship mode - don’t think it’s to do with the Lambo academy because I unlocked the 2018 Bentley after that however I can only race with the 2015 one in championship mode.

Interesting....I know on the PC version I have watched a few streams that say the championship mode relates to the teams that were unlocked after completing the lambo academy.

Maybe this is another patch needed then ?

Hiw did you set yours up, short or you gone for full sim

Interesting....I know on the PC version I have watched a few streams that say the championship mode relates to the teams that were unlocked after completing the lambo academy.

Maybe this is another patch needed then ?

Hiw did you set yours up, short or you gone for full sim

I started a championship when I first got the game but decided to hold off until I’ve got my FFB feeling a lot better. Also have noticed that the AI teams for some reason are almost always the same few teams ; many of the smaller teams appear to have been completely left from the selection process. I’m left in a 20 car grid full of AKKA Mercs and WRT Audis, no AM cars at all.

Here's what happened when I first went to the edit tool:
View attachment 935344

When I was done, here's what it eventually looked like (pay no attention to the missing wheels - must've been stolen).
View attachment 935345
That's exactly what happened to me for very first time I went into the editor.
Another question, the auxiliary lighting. Are those the LED strips that some of the cars run along the A-pillars or grille? I chose an option and color, turned the lights on and didn’t see them illuminate.
I was wondering what the hell they are too.

I've solved it, sort of.
If you click add while in the menu and choose the same car, then save
You can have multiple versions of the same car.
Do it again but change car and you can save another.
Then in car menu use the filter to just show custom cars.
If it just saved with no team name it'll be Assetto Corsa team
If you saved a name it'll be under that name.
Bit hit and miss but so far I've got 3 different 488s, a 720s McLaren, a 911 RSR and an Audi R8

I've solved it, sort of.
If you click add while in the menu and choose the same car, then save
You can have multiple versions of the same car.
Do it again but change car and you can save another.
Then in car menu use the filter to just show custom cars.
If it just saved with no team name it'll be Assetto Corsa team
If you saved a name it'll be under that name.
Bit hit and miss but so far I've got 3 different 488s, a 720s McLaren, a 911 RSR and an Audi R8
I've got 2 different liveries for my Bentley 2015, but after that it overwrites the 1st. I'm inspired now FYI pick a car I really don't care about and see if I can do more than 3.

It actually is the lights inside the cockpit I found out,it looks really cool..make the lights manual and turn them on twice,it lights up the inside of the car

Back