Livery editor on console - does it work ?

I was fiddling with the editor the other day and, by accident, got this cool naked carbon fiber variant.

fjFlmVz.jpg

R2ycM1S.jpg

098SKVs.jpg

Not sure why, but I can't seem to replicate it again.
Could you not save it like that? Also has anyone got aux lights to work? It's doing my head in.

Are the sponsor choices supposed to to change the placement or the sponsors themselves? If so they aren’t working for me

Also has anyone got aux lights to work? It's doing my head in.
I believe Aux lights work as intended? I put a blue light in my Porsche Cup car for the Spa 24hr and it showed up fine anyway. Couldn’t really notice it from the dash cam view but I could see it lighting the cockpit on the replays.

edit: maybe it doesn’t work, tried to test by changing to red and was still showing blue. Or maybe Aux lights aren’t cockpit lights as I thought.

Last edited:
Could you not save it like that? Also has anyone got aux lights to work? It's doing my head in.
I think it was when I hit the save button that it actually turned "normal".

Regarding the lights, I couldn't get them to work in any of the cars I tried.

A, E t)’
I was fiddling with the editor the other day and, by accident, got this cool naked carbon fiber variant.

fjFlmVz.jpg

R2ycM1S.jpg

098SKVs.jpg

Not sure why, but I can't seem to replicate it again.
Major Eye Candy. Can you share that ? Is that possible?

If his game allows you to share that livery, would you please share that livery?

That is stunning

I will have a look but I doubt if it will, I will grab a screen shot from the editor and post it for you so you can copy what I did.

Can you add liveries in career mode, I just seem to get plain black or black and red cars and would like to have something more interesting but I can't see any way of customising the clour schemes in career mode.

I think it was when I hit the save button that it actually turned "normal".

Regarding the lights, I couldn't get them to work in any of the cars I tried.
Something similiar happened to me last night, bits of carbon showing through. Pretty damn cool that they've modeled the carbon under that paintwork.

I believe Aux lights work as intended? I put a blue light in my Porsche Cup car for the Spa 24hr and it showed up fine anyway. Couldn’t really notice it from the dash cam view but I could see it lighting the cockpit on the replays.

edit: maybe it doesn’t work, tried to test by changing to red and was still showing blue. Or maybe Aux lights aren’t cockpit lights as I thought.
I tried and tested that too when I thought I discovered what they were. However........

For anyone struggling with the livery editor, I've made a video guide on how to access and use it.

I've discovered what they are, but I still can not get them on any car no matter how much I try.

20200701_124356.jpg

Edit.
assetto-corsa-competizione1.jpg

I understand there is already a patch out for PS4 that irons out some of the bugs in the livery editor. Not tried it out yet.
"Coming soon" to xbox, i guess their approval process takes longer?

Seems they haven't actually fixed much in the editor, just what may have been reported. Wheel rims still glitched. Also When you select a colour and decide to cancel it a box comes up and says cancel yes/no, you cannot select yes. No Auxiliary lights too of course.

I understand there is already a patch out for PS4 that irons out some of the bugs in the livery editor. Not tried it out yet.
"Coming soon" to xbox, i guess their approval process takes longer?

It always has before. That's why we were dead last getting updates in Project Cars.

Any idea if we will be abke to run our own custom livery teams in the offline championship mode ?

Would be great if we could have this added

Back