Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Pretty sure it would violate at least EU law to treat the two companies differently by deliberately stifling the competing product.

So either the offerings from Fanatec also get neutered or the G Pro gets their horsepower back.

Just surprised it’s taken this long to address it, but it sounds like it something that’ll be fixed.

I really do not understand why people state this wheel is 'too weak' or 'like a toy' -- even with the current PD nerf, the G Pro is able to generate significantly more wheel resistance on road cars then is remotely realistic. It is clearly down to personal preference, but I find 5-7 in game torque setting to be giving plenty of resistance and more importantly the trueforce really is providing a level of surface detail that is pretty incredible.

It's definitely frustrating to have the experience capped on the software side for those owners who have personal preferences for higher torque, but let's not be hyperbolic here...

I'm absolutely fine with 8 ingame and 10 on the wheel. Registers around 6.4 nm ingame and that's perfectly fine for me. However since it's advertised as 11nm I can understand why people are annoyed about a soft cap by the game because of "safety". Its just another weird PD thing.

I really do not understand why people state this wheel is 'too weak' or 'like a toy' -- even with the current PD nerf, the G Pro is able to generate significantly more wheel resistance on road cars then is remotely realistic. It is clearly down to personal preference, but I find 5-7 in game torque setting to be giving plenty of resistance and more importantly the trueforce really is providing a level of surface detail that is pretty incredible.

It's definitely frustrating to have the experience capped on the software side for those owners who have personal preferences for higher torque, but let's not be hyperbolic here...
I will admit I had it set unrealistically high before this update, at least for road cars. But I enjoyed being able to play around with it.

The wheel still allows me to feel what the car is doing, and I still enjoy using it, but could use just a bit more juice.

Also, the shifter. That one I miss sorely for road cars since I’ve always driven with H-pattern shifters irl

If you are used to more as a former Fanatec user, you honestly expect more. At least that's how I feel, that you expect more. More is possible, as other simulations on the PC prove. See iRacing...

But everyone feels the FFB strength differently.

Personally, I would also like a little more strength. But always in relation to GT7.

PD reasoning for capping torque is pretty weak really when there’s the option to lower FFB strength. They can simply make the default setting a lowly 5nm but let user tune it up and add in a warning ⚠️ that user needs to acknowledge when past certain “safety mark”, a disclaimer if you will. More a stunt to keep their Fanatec partner in the hunt…I’ll bet once the Clubsport DD+ comes out, they’ll implement something like the above 👆and let you go nuts with 15nm, I’m sure Fanatec will be pushing like crazy for PD to unleash their new product, the conversion will likely gain more traction than any other manufacturer can muster at the moment.
You can see it coming. They are going to limit the Logitech wheel and give the Fanatec wheels full strength. Fanatec has a robust ecosystem while Logitech has nothing.

Race cars have around 15 Nm in real life. I use mosty race cars. That's the reason why I want more.
That's right, anyone who has driven a race car with soft rubber, particularly non power steering knows how much your arms needs to work to turn the thing at low speed.

Most of us wants our sim environment as close to real life as possible, it's why we spend big to get close, truely feel what it's like in a certain car with a certain setting at a certain track, to really appreciate the pros and what they go through.

Those with a preference on lower torque by all means you can easily turn it down to your liking, but for the fore mentioned mass who want true sim, the unjust limit is detrimental to their experience.

PD turning the torque down on GT7 on safety grounds makes no sense and goes against their aim of achieving a true driving simulator. I'm sure the backlash is hurting them more so than if they had left it uncapped, they are the only one doing this as far as I can tell, and I'm confident Fanatec has a fair abit to do with it having a paid seat at the high table.

Time will tell what happens this Dec when the DD+ comes out, surely those buying into the 15nm will be making their voice loud and clear to Fanatec and PD...or they're already anticipating the backlash and an update is ready at a push of a button timed with the release to allow uncapped torque. They might still limit "some" wheel sighting they're only comfortable going beyond a certain limit with their close working partner 🤷‍♂️.

Last edited:
That's right, anyone who has driven a race car with soft rubber, particularly non power steering knows how much your arms needs to work to turn the thing at low speed.

Most of us wants our sim environment as close to real life as possible, it's why we spend big to get close, truely feel what it's like in a certain car with a certain setting at a certain track, to really appreciate the pros and what they go through.

Those with a preference on lower torque by all means you can easily turn it down to your liking, but for the fore mentioned mass who want true sim, the unjust limit is detrimental to their experience.

PD turning the torque down on GT7 on safety grounds makes no sense and goes against their aim of achieving a true driving simulator. I'm sure the backlash is hurting them more so than if they had left it uncapped, they are the only one doing this as far as I can tell, and I'm confident Fanatec has a fair abit to do with it having a paid seat at the high table.

Time will tell what happens this Dec when the DD+ comes out, surely those buying into the 15nm will be making their voice loud and clear to Fanatec and PD...or they're already anticipating the backlash and an update is ready at a push of a button timed with the release to allow uncapped torque. They might still limit "some" wheel sighting they're only comfortable going beyond a certain limit with their close working partner 🤷‍♂️.
I mean anything is possible, but it would be on shaky ground as to the legal implications (violation of the right for companies to compete) and could cost upwards of 10 % of the company’s annual revenue.

I think they’ll fix the Logitech issue, rather than neuter the DD+, but it shouldn’t even have been an issue in the first place.

It sucks about the FF cap on GT7. Must be very frustrating to be dependent on one game for your wheel to be enjoyed with.
But i do wonder why stick to Playstation? If you have the money for a DD wheel like Logi's, then you are both a sim racing enthusiast and with quite a bit of cash to spend.
I've always been a console player (for more than 25 years) but late last year I bought an affordable gaming laptop (650 euros) which i have hooked up to my projector. Not only do i have many sims to choose from (none which neuter the FF) but i also have a nice stick for shifting, a Ushake6 vibrating cushion and i could add all sorts of other peripherals if i want to.
Sure Playstation is plug and play and especially Assetto Corsa on PC takes some time to make it look good and get all the cars and track mods you want. But boy o boy it's worth it.

Edit: the only reason to stick with GT7 would of course be PSVR2 and if that's the reason i'd understand..as VR gaming on that level on pc is quite expensive.

Last edited:
It sucks about the FF cap on GT7. Must be very frustrating to be dependent on one game for your wheel to be enjoyed with.
But i do wonder why stick to Playstation? If you have the money for a DD wheel like Logi's, then you are both a sim racing enthusiast and with quite a bit of cash to spend.
I've always been a console player (for more than 25 years) but late last year I bought an affordable gaming laptop (650 euros) which i have hooked up to my projector. Not only do i have many sims to choose from (none which neuter the FF) but i also have a nice stick for shifting, a Ushake6 vibrating cushion and i could add all sorts of other peripherals if i want to.
Sure Playstation is plug and play and especially Assetto Corsa on PC takes some time to make it look good and get all the cars and track mods you want. But boy o boy it's worth it.

Edit: the only reason to stick with GT7 would of course be PSVR2 and if that's the reason i'd understand..as VR gaming on that level on pc is quite expensive.
I'd fit that profile, and yeah, for me it's the plug and play VR experience that has made me invest in this (particularly limited) ecosystem.

Have done the whole AC thing with an Oculus and wheel / shifter etc. set-up, and it certainly reaches higher highs, but right now I haven't played at all for a few months, but I know I could sit down, put the headset on and be racing within a few minutes, whereas any time I didn't use the PC set-up for more than a day or two, something would need updating, or some controls would've been forgotten, or the VR didn't initialise properly, or just some sort of faff that makes the whole thing a chore. I've spent far too long with PCs, so now despise having to use one at home. The PS5 / VR2 / G Pro just does its job and I can be in a virtual car in minutes.

I'd fit that profile, and yeah, for me it's the plug and play VR experience that has made me invest in this (particularly limited) ecosystem.

Have done the whole AC thing with an Oculus and wheel / shifter etc. set-up, and it certainly reaches higher highs, but right now I haven't played at all for a few months, but I know I could sit down, put the headset on and be racing within a few minutes, whereas any time I didn't use the PC set-up for more than a day or two, something would need updating, or some controls would've been forgotten, or the VR didn't initialise properly, or just some sort of faff that makes the whole thing a chore. I've spent far too long with PCs, so now despise having to use one at home. The PS5 / VR2 / G Pro just does its job and I can be in a virtual car in minutes.
I don't like the pc way of constantly having to be up to date with all the mods either. So with AC i just got everything i wanted with the best graphics mods available at the time and then i just stopped looking around. No need to update if you don't know what you're missing.

So new issue… now with the brake pedal. I drive with abs off, and use the adapter with the old shifter. Everything is up to date. Now for a week or so I have started to totally randomly lose the brakes. Is there a fix for this, or do I have to get in contact with Logitech support for new pedals or what? Anyone else noticed the same?
EDIT. Also the brake adjuster in the adapter has never worked for me. I have been thinking that its only working when in use with old pedals. Is that so?

Last edited:

Yeah, it does stink a bit, actually. But I only use it in VR mode.

I hope that more racing sims make their way to PSVR2. I love the plug and play aspect of it. Maybe AC2 when that comes out next year.

we talk a lot about the wheel but how are the logi pro pedals?
Alright. Worse then the V3s from Fanatec, but not much and they're cheaper. They're not bad by any means but not at the same level as the quality of the wheel. I ordered them at the same time and am content with them.

Alright. Worse then the V3s from Fanatec, but not much and they're cheaper. They're not bad by any means but not at the same level as the quality of the wheel. I ordered them at the same time and am content with them.
Why are they worse than the Fanatec v3?
Could you please give more details about?
Thank you

Why are they worse than the Fanatec v3?
Could you please give more details about?
Thank you
Is the G Pro Pedal good...yes, can you get better for similar price or cheaper...yes...but..

If you've got G Pro wheel and on console then G Pro pedal is your ONLY load cell option for the wheel base. If you're on PC, there are plenty better options for the price.

The Fanatec V3 for example is a matured product line, has about everything the G Pro pedal but more;
1. Lots of adjustability, while the only adjustable element on the G Pro pedal is firmness and spacing.

2. Vibration motors; simulates wheelspin and oversteer on gas pedal, ABS & locking tires on the brakes. Not all games support these but for those that do it adds an extra layer of immersion, you'll zone in on the limits much better than waiting for the FFB on the wheel, it's like FFB for your pedals but not quite the Simucube ActivePedal or it's price point.

3. Clutch pedal also has a distinct feel that is somewhat similar to real world clutch than G Pro simple spring feel...though with the G Pro if your gas pedal dies you can swap out with the clutch, same hardware as far I can tell.

4. Full metal, is just nicer.

5. additional tuning accessories available, like dampering kits and other aftermarket stuff given the popularity of these pedals over the rest of the field.

About the only advantage I see of the G Pro Pedal design over the V3 is the ability to mount each pedal module independently, but the mounting option I feel is not very rig friendly with just two M6 that had to be mounted from underneath, your milage may vary pending your specific rig and / or DIY handiness.

I actually didn't need to modular mount the G Pro pedals, but did it to add some angles and make it more compact on the rig, as the design of the pedal base lacks lustre and unnecessarily cumbersome.

Last edited:

100% agree. Don’t understand why people bash this awesome product. I tested the Fanatec DD and it’s not even close to the G Pro experience with TrueForce.

100% agree. Don’t understand why people bash this awesome product. I tested the Fanatec DD and it’s not even close to the G Pro experience with TrueForce.
I know some are just bashing it, the other day some made assumptions without even trying it.

And there are reasons I went with this wheel instead of Fanatec, despite the lack of an ecosystem.

We can like something and still point out the things that could be improved.

I can wait for a shifter and a wheel, but PD not giving us the option to use higher torque settings on this one wheel/brand is wack and should be pointed out.

the G Pro experience with TrueForce.
From initially wondering what it would add, I now really miss Trueforce when it's not present. While it's much more than just the audio tactile effects - it's the whole FFB package - on games that don't support TF output, or on the occasions I turn off the audio effects while testing settings, the experience becomes less vibrant. When set to a level that you enjoy it certainly adds to the overall immersion. It's certainly not just a gimmick.
I'd imagine on iRacing, that has many more TF options, it'd be better still.

If Fanatec's Fullforce implementation of a similar technology is just half as good, they are still in for a treat.

Got my wheel and pedals today! I’ve used my dad’s GT DD Pro so I’m familiar with direct drive, but Trueforce is an absolute game changer. Fullforce might end up being better, but the Clubsport DD+ is also significantly more expensive so I think this is a great package.

Last edited:

I have psvr2 for gt7 and meta quest 2 for accetto corsa. AC is as good if not better than gt7 in vr, with so much variety in the mod community. I haven't touched gt7 for months.

So new issue… now with the brake pedal. I drive with abs off, and use the adapter with the old shifter. Everything is up to date. Now for a week or so I have started to totally randomly lose the brakes. Is there a fix for this, or do I have to get in contact with Logitech support for new pedals or what? Anyone else noticed the same?
EDIT. Also the brake adjuster in the adapter has never worked for me. I have been thinking that its only working when in use with old pedals. Is that so?
The dial on the adapter is only for when you're using it to connect the Pro Pedals to a G29/G920/G923 where you otherwise wouldn't have the ability to adjust the brake force.

For the brake pedal randomly going, if you let go and press the pedal again does it start working? If so then please do get in touch with support as we have a fix for this (it would require us sending you a new junction box for the pedals).

I know some are just bashing it, the other day some made assumptions without even trying it.

And there are reasons I went with this wheel instead of Fanatec, despite the lack of an ecosystem.

We can like something and still point out the things that could be improved.

I can wait for a shifter and a wheel, but PD not giving us the option to use higher torque settings on this one wheel/brand is wack and should be pointed out.
To be honest I don't wait for anything, but I'm enjoying the combo every day with lots of hours. The wheel is just perfectly universal in GT7, ACC, AC, rf2, ASM, ETS2.....
I have the adaptor with the old H-shifter. I'm using it very rarely in AC for some H-shifter cars and I tried it in ETS2, just from curiosity.... not my thing.

Maybe a new shifter with a sequential option will do the trick for me, but then again, I have perfect paddle shifters on the wheel why do I need extra stuff that do the same thing.... maybe extra immersion for a rally car? It's not something that I'm using every day.

Do I care about mega big Logitech eco system - no. The base, the wheel and the pedals are perfect.

Lots of people said last year Logitech was way too expensive, I'm curious to see what they will say now with the upcoming Fanatec DD+ base. Yeah, if you are already in the eco system it may be a good buy, but for a new comer.... things start to get expensive.

Last edited:
To be honest I don't wait for anything, but I'm enjoying the combo every day with lots of hours. The wheel is just perfectly universal in GT7, ACC, AC, rf2, ASM, ETS2.....
I have the adaptor with the old H-shifter. I'm using it in very rarely in AC for some H-shifter cars and I tried it in ETS2 just from curiosity.... not my thing.

Maybe a new shifter with a sequential option will do the trick for me, but they again I have perfect paddle shifters on the wheel.... it's not something that I'm using it every day.

Do I care about mega big Logitech eco system - no. The base, the wheel and the pedals are perfect.

Lot's of people said last year Logitech was way too expensive, I'm curious to see what they will say now with the upcoming Fanatec DD+ base. Yeah, if you are already in the eco system it my the a good by but for a new comer.... thing starts to get expensive.
Yeah, I never thought it was too expensive for what you get. And don’t get me wrong, I still very much enjoy the wheel.

I’m so used to driving H-patterns in real life, so it’ll be so immersive, especially in VR :)

Yeah, I never thought it was too expensive for what you get. And don’t get me wrong, I still very much enjoy the wheel.

I’m so used to driving H-patterns in real life, so it’ll be so immersive, especially in VR :)
To be honest, it's something that stopping me to go into VR. I can't imagine driving with H-shifter without actually seeing anything in the real world or pressing buttons on my wheel without seeing them, and that's why I'm now deep in to head tracking systems which is something in between both worlds.

I don't know what Fullforce gonna be, but I know what TrueForce is and I like it, if you not exaggerate it. if one wants more immersion go with Bass Shakers. This setupped correctly will completely makes you forget about Full, True or any other forces that exists and rf2, AC is a very good example of that.

have fun!

Last edited:
To be honest, it's something that stopping me to go into VR. I can't imagine driving with H-shifter without actually seeing anything in the real world or pressing buttons on my wheel without seeing them, and that's why I'm now deep in to head tracking systems which is something in between both worlds.

I don't know what Fullforce gonna be, but I know what TrueForce is and I like it, if you not exaggerate it. if one wants more immersion go with Bass Shakers. This setupped correctly will completely makes you forget about Full, True or any other forces that exists and rf2, AC is a very good example of that.

have fun!
Thanks 👌🏽

VR isn’t for anyone, but the button thing really shouldn’t deter you. When I have people over the first time, they learn to find the buttons on the wheel within 10 minutes. It’s second nature to me now.
I can’t go back to flat screen after experiencing VR, so I’m hoping AC2 will be VR compatible on PS5 when it releases.

Yeah, I use tactile transducers as well as wind sim (for keeping me cool and simulating the sense of speed in VR) and combined with Trueforce, it makes for a home setup I wouldn’t have thought was possible to have at this budget 😎

Back