Logitech G27 in GT Sport.

• Thread starter owoc12
  • 106 comments
yeah but on gtplanet there was info that pd said there might be support for g27

You are at gtplanet. I would love to see that info as I have followed the GT sport threads since the news first broke.

I still own several G series wheels in the hope that they might be supported on the next gen systems one day. And, I'm holding on to them for no good reason.

All I have ever heard and read is that the G27, older G series wheels WILL NOT be supported. It's a bit of a bummer that we all have to upgrade for the new systems. Technology marches on.

I can say that the G29 is a fine upgrade to the G27. Yes, they are very similar, but the feeling is noticeably better.

Also, that G27 still works great on the PC. Rather than upgrade a wheel, upgrade your computer. Options are out there for you.

Anyway, good luck in whatever way you choose.

Thank you @Soundtrack. I missed that news article.

So there is a glimmer of hope. That should make some feel a little better.

For me, I won't take to much stock into it. I've heard all sorts of things come out of the mouths of PD.

Thanks again!

I very much doubt it would be for the G27. It was not an official GT wheel. It is more likely to be the DFGT if for no other reason than it was an official GT wheel.

Agreed, usual reservations should apply. As long as it's not official/effective it's non existent. However given the number of their end-user they(PD) may have guided to the brand(Logitech) they could well consider the option. Customers should not be the hostages of businesses agreements turned sour. Those wheels where seemingly build to last, and with many of them still perfectly usable it would be heedless to neglect them IMO. Supporting them could benefit unit sales too.

As always with PD, asume the worst. Personally, this one was the first reason that made me jump ship on GT and focus my savings on a gaming PC. I cannot believe how Sony/PoDi can be so :censored:ing money-hungry, they suddenly decided that my $300 steering wheel is obsolete just because. I don't care how "slightly better" the G29 may be, I see no valid reason to throw away a perfectly good G27 just to experience what kind of new disappointments Kaz has in store for me.

I've bought every PlayStation system just for Gran Turismo and boy did GT5 and GT6 made me regret my decision. With that in mind, GT Sport's notable lack of improvement in key areas the community craved for and the high cost of admission (A PS4+a new wheel+shipping would set me back more than a whole set of new Advan Neovas!), the choice to join the PC ranks is, to me, the only reasonable thing to do unless you got money to spare or bought your PS4 for general gaming.

See PoDi? That's how you lose customers. That's $700+ out of your hands on my end :cheers:.

G27..... it's 2016 soon to be 2017. They have the amazing g29 for the PS4. I know for fact that old hardware is for older consoles

As always with PD, asume the worst. Personally, this one was the first reason that made me jump ship on GT and focus my savings on a gaming PC. I cannot believe how Sony/PoDi can be so :censored:ing money-hungry, they suddenly decided that my $300 steering wheel is obsolete just because. I don't care how "slightly better" the G29 may be, I see no valid reason to throw away a perfectly good G27 just to experience what kind of new disappointments Kaz has in store for me.

I've bought every PlayStation system just for Gran Turismo and boy did GT5 and GT6 made me regret my decision. With that in mind, GT Sport's notable lack of improvement in key areas the community craved for and the high cost of admission (A PS4+a new wheel+shipping would set me back more than a whole set of new Advan Neovas!), the choice to join the PC ranks is, to me, the only reasonable thing to do unless you got money to spare or bought your PS4 for general gaming.

See PoDi? That's how you lose customers. That's $700+ out of your hands on my end :cheers:.
The axing of older wheels had nothing to do with PoDi or Kaz...

The axing of older wheels had nothing to do with PoDi or Kaz...

I've always been under the impression that undisclosed developments in the relationship between Logitech and PD where at the core of the problem. Do you have any pieces of evidence to support your claim? (no offence; genuine curiosity)

I hope you are sarcastic

g29 cant even hold a candle to Thrustmaster tx/tm150 wheel... amazing g29... ha :P

My G29 is great. A very big improvement over the DFGT it replaced. I bought it because an Amazon offer was on for the T150 but by the time I got online it had been replaced by a G29 offer so I bought that instead.

Still, at least it means I can look left/right in Assetto Corsa. The only way T150/T300 can do that is by using the G29 setting, but then you lose brake bias (I think). ;)

I don't care what wheel is better G27, G29, t150, t300.....
What I do know is a lot of the fastest drivers who are winning championships use the G27 :)

I've always been under the impression that undisclosed developments in the relationship between Logitech and PD where at the core of the problem. Do you have any pieces of evidence to support your claim? (no offence; genuine curiosity)

I'm not sure how that can be true considering:
a) PD still don't have a game 4(?) years into the PS4's life;
b)Logitech originally announced in 2012/13 that they would be moving away from console and gaming peripherals. But then weirdly came back last year and announced the G29 after lots of silence since that announcement;
and c) PD announced at the Copperbox event the new GT official wheel will be a Thrustmaster Wheel.

The main conspiracy was (what I recall), is that Sony made some deal with thrustmaster to be exclusive to PS4 since it was the only wheel compatible from launch, including the older peripherals from the previous gen. Sony were claiming that for the PS4 3rd party controllers required some sort of security chip to work, however the inclusion of the T500 and whatever else is older was still supported... so it was all a bit sus.

Last edited:
More or less. Coupled with how Microsoft was straight upfront about how 360 peripherals would not work on the XBone (and as a result took most of the backlash amidst all of the other controversy they were courting at the time) and Sony (deliberately?) let misinformation on the matter spread in the system's early days.

The amazing G29? It's just a G27 with updated licencing and the shifter sold separately.

False. I own both and use both on the ps3. There is a lot of difference in feel between the two along with many more buttons on the wheel itself and let us not forget the massive difference between stock g27 pedals and the stock g29. Worlds apart there.

False. I own both and use both on the ps3. There is a lot of difference in feel between the two along with many more buttons on the wheel itself and let us not forget the massive difference between stock g27 pedals and the stock g29. Worlds apart there.
The pedals aren't worlds apart, they are identical in every way except the brake spring, for which, a $30 progressive spring mod can be delivered to your door in about 3 or 4 days, allowing you to swap out your current G27 brake spring into the clutch if you want a stiffer feel there as well. The internals of the G29 are pretty much identical to the G27 except for the sensor which was upgraded. The shifter for the G29 is the same shifter but lacks the 8 buttons and 4 way d-pad that effectively gave you 12 more buttons with the G27. All for double the price I paid for my G27 just 3 years ago.

I'm not sure how that can be true considering:
a) PD still don't have a game 4(?) years into the PS4's life;
b)Logitech originally announced in 2012/13 that they would be moving away from console and gaming peripherals. But then weirdly came back last year and announced the G29 after lots of silence since that announcement;
and c) PD announced at the Copperbox event the new GT official wheel will be a Thrustmaster Wheel.

The main conspiracy was (what I recall), is that Sony made some deal with thrustmaster to be exclusive to PS4 since it was the only wheel compatible from launch, including the older peripherals from the previous gen. Sony were claiming that for the PS4 3rd party controllers required some sort of security chip to work, however the inclusion of the T500 and whatever else is older was still supported... so it was all a bit sus.

This seemingly underlines the current privileged partnership between PD and Thrustmaster and further emphasizes a potential dent in their relation with Logitech.

When GTHD hit the PS3 Logitech appeared like a very strong partner to the Gran Turismo franchise.

The demo’s opening screen made this unambiguously clear:

GTHD_screen.jpg

The venture pushed things forward with the arrival of the DFGT wheel with an exclusive interface designed around the software’s specific gameplay. It was according to Kaz himself the ultimate way to truly realize the realism and full depth of the game.(GT5 Prologue)

In the meantime the G27 came out, and, if I remember correctly it’s initial support within the game was less straightforward it’s adopters may have hoped for.

By the time GT5’s full iteration came out Thrustmaster became GT’s official wheel supplier.

Of course this could well have been the scheduled plan for collaboration between the two entities, but I willing to bet something just went wrong in their relation. Missing insider’s knowledge we can only speculate.

Later on Logitech indeed announced it ceased console peripherals; but AFAIK DFGT, G25/27 were never supported on the Xbox anyway.

They seemingly changed their mind about it, and their latest offering features the same Real time Adjustment Dial. It could be the result of a particular care for retro compatibility or a specific contractual obligation for platform support...

The pedals aren't worlds apart, they are identical in every way except the brake spring, for which, a $30 progressive spring mod can be delivered to your door in about 3 or 4 days, allowing you to swap out your current G27 brake spring into the clutch if you want a stiffer feel there as well. The internals of the G29 are pretty much identical to the G27 except for the sensor which was upgraded. The shifter for the G29 is the same shifter but lacks the 8 buttons and 4 way d-pad that effectively gave you 12 more buttons with the G27. All for double the price I paid for my G27 just 3 years ago.
Your G27 cost £75 then? My G29 cost £150. Also it has a Dpad and the DFGT specific buttons.

Back