Logitech G29 settings for GT7

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 152 comments
Today I noticed something really strange... I was doing some races in my R32 in inside view. Suddenly in some turns the steering was glitching, changing angles abruptly. This would also explain the ****ed up behavior of all the cars, specially FR ones.

So, maybe we have an overall hypersensitivity configuration with the G29, in steering input, feedback, pedals... I went back to GTS and it was soooo pleasant to drive fast and have fun!

No to even try a powerslide in a low-power FR is equal to risk sudden death 🤣🙄😢

Someone needs to take 1 car (semi-fast) tune it to where you like then go thru all sets of tires and see if you can tell differance on feel of car. On same track. I think you should more feel with racing tires instead of the rolling stones Kaz gets his comfort/sport tires from. I think he really needs to have better tire sponsors in game, maybe even several brands.

I'm using the default settings, whatever those are. I have mostly only done license tests so far. Might mess with the ffb settings if it ever feels wrong. So far so good.

Guys, did you experience g29 random disconnection on ps5?
Sometimes mine lost signal completely as it has a conflict with dualsense.
I need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to make it work again. 🤔

I used to get this quite a bit on my PS5 with GTS, and I'm getting it much more now with GT7. Often disconnecting mid race and I quickly have to reach for the Dual Sense controller to pause the game while I unplug and replug G29. Painful.
I've tried plugging it into different USB ports on the PS5. Doesn't seem to make much difference. I'm gusing an extension cable between the G29 and the PS5. Will order a new one and hopefully that'll make a difference. Should I be getting a USB 2 cable? or USB 3?

Cables is not the problem imho, I connected g29 directly into ps5 port, all of them and nothing change. I noticed that it happen when you start ps5 with the wheel already plugged and the console assign both as controller 1. If you plug the g29 after you launch gt7 works fine... 🤔

After a few more sessions I'm mystified- GT Sport on the PS5 with my G29 was AMAZING. GT7 is kind of laggy and numb. I'm sure I'll get used to it- the game still has a lot to offer, and I'm savoring it slowly, but the controller feel is not what I think it could or should be. And no, I'm not going to buy another wheel; I have to support my other other expensive, childish hobbies equally.

Cables is not the problem imho, I connected g29 directly into ps5 port, all of them and nothing change. I noticed that it happen when you start ps5 with the wheel already plugged and the console assign both as controller 1. If you plug the g29 after you launch gt7 works fine... 🤔
Oddly enough, I have found the opposite. I was turning the PS5 on, then plugging the wheel in, then launching GT7. And I had the prblem occuring a lot.
Yesterday, I connected the G29 while the PS5 was off, and then turned on the PS5 and launched GT7.
No disconnects.
Will see if it continues...

Just to bring this thread back to the original topic.
The settings that most people are interested in sharing are those found under the controller options in the pause menu when you're about to start a race. Both are numbers between 1 and 10.

Force Feedback Max Torque - ?
Force Feedback sensitivity - ?

Let us know what settings you're using if you're finding them to be good.

Hi all, I'm a pad user since GT1, a quite decent one too... :) Yesterday I asked a friend to lend me his old g29 and I have a strange problem/feeling...
I'm not able to drive any car that is not FF with less than 300pp, I always spin out 4wd and FR no matter what I do. I tried all settings of FF, sensitivity, any... It's simply impossible to control the car as soon as it start to lose grip, even if it's by really little and far less than what you normally do to help the car going through corners... I thiught it may be me that I'm not able to use wheel, so I went back to GT sport and bam!, I'm able to drive again! I'm not as fast as I am with pad, but that's normal, I have 25 years of experience with that... But I can control the car! No issues at all!
So my question is... is it gt7 broken for g29 and need a fix or am I broken and it's better to go back to pad? gt7 with wheel is really frustrating...

Hi all, I'm a pad user since GT1, a quite decent one too... :) Yesterday I asked a friend to lend me his old g29 and I have a strange problem/feeling...
I'm not able to drive any car that is not FF with less than 300pp, I always spin out 4wd and FR no matter what I do. I tried all settings of FF, sensitivity, any... It's simply impossible to control the car as soon as it start to lose grip, even if it's by really little and far less than what you normally do to help the car going through corners... I thiught it may be me that I'm not able to use wheel, so I went back to GT sport and bam!, I'm able to drive again! I'm not as fast as I am with pad, but that's normal, I have 25 years of experience with that... But I can control the car! No issues at all!
So my question is... is it gt7 broken for g29 and need a fix or am I broken and it's better to go back to pad? gt7 with wheel is really frustrating...
I don't think the snap oversteer has anything to do with the G29, from what I've experienced and read, the physics in GT7 are more prone to snap oversteer (or the range of transitioning from grip to no RWD grip is now very narrow). It just seems easier to deal with using a controller than it does with the G29 in my experience (I've only experienced GT7 with PS4/G29/controller default settings). I have adjusted my brash/aggressive driving style to adjust to this sensitive oversteer in the RWD's so it's not something that handicaps me in GT7 so far but certainly feels different than GT Sport.

I hate when people say this but I've driven many or these vehicles IRL and you would take quite the effort to say for example: induce oversteer in a front weight-biased AWD low-powered car with 20% throttle at around 25-30 mph on flat, dry pavement but I can drift like the King of all Drift Kings in GT7 doing exactly that.

EDIT: has anyone watched the AI in game? They can't even keep a FR car straight in GT7 (an E46 M3 w/ a giant's ironing board for a rear wing for example) - something I've never noticed in any GT game before.

Last edited:
Just to bring this thread back to the original topic.
The settings that most people are interested in sharing are those found under the controller options in the pause menu when you're about to start a race. Both are numbers between 1 and 10.

Force Feedback Max Torque - ?
Force Feedback sensitivity - ?

Let us know what settings you're using if you're finding them to be good.
G29 on PS4 GT7:

Controller Sensitivity - 7
Force Feedback Max Torque - 2
Force Feedback sensitivity - 3

My point of reference for comparison is my DFGT with GT6 on the PS3. FFB in GT7 on PS4 is not as lively as I remember GT6 being. Like many have said, curbs and road feedback feel muted. Hopefully a fix asap is in the works.

Last edited:
I don’t get any feedback from the curbs. Used to on GT Sport

Ah that answers my question on the Fanatec thread then. We aren't get kerb ffb either. It's the design of the game then.

All I get is a light rumble on some kerbs on the unloaded inside wheels. Exits kerbs are like regular tarmac.

The G29 is definitely not broken on GT 7 with PS 5 here,it's feels so much better than on GTS.
The only cars i really felt good with in GTS were the unicorns ,Gr.3, and some select high speed road cars.
But with GT 7 ,everything i've driven so far feels fantastic,after some tuning of course.
I've done the World GT Series about 10 times the Mazda RX-Vision GT3,no issues at all,completely planted to the road.
I bought a Porsche 911 RSR last night and the first low speed left hander at Deep Valley was giving me a problem,keep spinning out,added max downforce on the rear end and problem solved.
I did Nurburgring last night with the 911 and was about 40 secs faster than the Mazda,i was like wow!

I had re-installed the software before GT 7 came out,so i thought well maybe that was my problem with GTS so i went back and tried Nurburgring with the Mazda, very 1st slow corner,weee,spin,crash,nope still screwy, good bye GTS, it was fun for the first 2 years.
There aren't enough hours in the day right now with GT 7,lovin' it.
If it helps my settings are 0-7-7,TC 1.
:)

I hate TC
Me too... But with g29 is almost impossible to control a super easy nissan silvia s15 withtout any modification.. As soon as it start losing a bit of grip, you spin, no chance to save it. And when grip lost is really progressive, you have no chance to save it even if you set TCS at 5, that doesn't make any sense...

Turns out my clutch pedal is now the brake pedal... How can you change that? I can't seem to assign pedals, only the steering wheel buttons. Any help would be appreciated.
Hey, I have the same issue, did you find any solution?

Me too... But with g29 is almost impossible to control a super easy nissan silvia s15 withtout any modification.. As soon as it start losing a bit of grip, you spin, no chance to save it. And when grip lost is really progressive, you have no chance to save it even if you set TCS at 5, that doesn't make any sense...
Exactly, my point. But in GTS it was so good and smooth (at least for me, even in a 380cv S2000). I feel very depressed with GT7...

Exactly, my point. But in GTS it was so good and smooth (at least for me, even in a 380cv S2000). I feel very depressed with GT7...
I gave up and back to pad now, at least I have a reason for the game to be so complicated to drive

I gave up and back to pad now, at least I have a reason for the game to be so complicated to drive
This is very concerning, I bought myself a g29 and a cockpit set up just to enjoy GT7 as it wasn't really working for me with a controller, and I can't enjoy it with the wheel either. I was worried there was something wrong with my wheel until now, at least I know I'm not alone, lol

G29 in a PS4 Pro here.
It was a delight since the beginning and it got better when I switched the sensibility from 5 to 2 for better turns.
The force feedback is so much better than GTS, I switched back and it seems to have extra feelings. It's currently on 5, but I'm considering on lowering it to 3-4, since it's also too strong.

I'm surprised some people here is having a different experience 🤔

G29 in a PS4 Pro here.
It was a delight since the beginning and it got better when I switched the sensibility from 5 to 2 for better turns.
The force feedback is so much better than GTS, I switched back and it seems to have extra feelings. It's currently on 5, but I'm considering on lowering it to 3-4, since it's also too strong.

I'm surprised some people here is having a different experience 🤔
I've tried yesterday again GTS, in my S2000 at Tsukuba. Doing tricks like crazy, wild drift angles, full of joyness. Went to GT7, depression back hitting hard. :banghead::ouch:

Hello guys

I'm considering buying a g29, but I live in old apartment building, not soundproof at all, so my question is how noise is the wheel? and can the noise be helped by turning down force feedback?

Hello guys

I'm considering buying a g29, but I live in old apartment building, not soundproof at all, so my question is how noise is the wheel? and can the noise be helped by turning down force feedback?

It is quite noisy

I just want the option to change the steering rotation. Turn my wheel 180 and it’s at full lock! They’re not all single seaters

Without any calibration I was experiencing serious difficulties as it was very sensitive. I put 8-8 and it improved significantly. I also changed the throttle sensitivity on the PC.

Last edited:
I've tried yesterday again GTS, in my S2000 at Tsukuba. Doing tricks like crazy, wild drift angles, full of joyness. Went to GT7, depression back hitting hard. :banghead::ouch:

Then I'm not a parameter, I just drive races, never went into the crazy tricks. Can't even pass the drift mission yet, lol.

I'm not liking the pedals in GT7. There is a little of deadzone on both ends, it kind makes it hard to control the throttle and to trail brake.
how noise is the wheel? and can the noise be helped by turning down force feedback?
I don't think it is bad, unless when playing the rally tracks. Then it gets noisy, lots of cracks and stuff lol

I'm not liking the pedals in GT7. There is a little of deadzone on both ends, it kind makes it hard to control the throttle and to trail brake.

I don't think it is bad, unless when playing the rally tracks. Then it gets noisy, lots of cracks and stuff lol
Thanks for your answer :)

Back