Logitech G29 settings for GT7

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 152 comments
i'm using T-GT II and nurburgring just feels so smooth, even the curbs feel smooth lol
on another note tho i think weight transfer feels a lot better in GT 7, but the road and curbs feedback are just disappointing
so yeah the problem is with the game i guess

Has anyone worked this out or seen it mentioned anywhere else? I'm also on g29 on PS4 Pro and have absolutely no road feel, can't feel curbs, I have no idea if the car is about to break traction and spin. I just can't enjoy the game in this state.. Hope someone sees these posts!

Has anyone worked this out or seen it mentioned anywhere else? I'm also on g29 on PS4 Pro and have absolutely no road feel, can't feel curbs, I have no idea if the car is about to break traction and spin. I just can't enjoy the game in this state.. Hope someone sees these posts!
I am using 8/10 on the FFB settings and it seems fine to me.

RWD cars suddenly breaking traction and spinning is not the fault of the G29. RWD car physics are obviously broken.

I’ve found that wasn’t getting any force feedback to start but when I was doing the a licsense last night in better cars I was getting the force feedback well and even on the curbs also

I'm on PS4 Pro, and it feels weird... Very low FFB, no vibration in curbs or out side road, or crashed.

And... for me it's literally impossible to drive FR cars fast. Even in the license A with the Z06, I can't hold the accelerator a tiny bit that I enter in a constant drift mode. Also steering seems way too direct! Maybe thats the big issue.

Today I'll play more and see what is going on... but at the moment it feels not so good compared to GTS or even Assetto Corsa.

My G29 works flawlessly except that the FFB is too strong for me. It's a workout for me and the brake pedal is so heavy I'm afraid I might break a leg bone. I can't seem to find the settings for FFB, just for button assignment. Any directions would be greatly appreciated!

I just wish Logitech would allow to adjust steering in game those hairpin turns are hard with the turning radius.

I just wish Logitech would allow to adjust steering in game those hairpin turns are hard with the turning radius.
It’s not Logitech that need to implement it it’s up to PD to do it cos you can adjust this in Assetto Corsa.

I also have a G29 and finding the sweet spot is not easy. I felt by testing different tunnings in GT Sport that maxing out the values is not always good idea : the "resistance" feeling is great, but there's not a lot of information coming through the wheel : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g29-settings-thread.379068/

It's like if all motor power is given to counter the steering, there's no power left for rumbling/little details.

Also I tend to have more response from curbs when driving slowly on them... Faster, there's almost no rumbe, that's strange too.

Note that in GT Sport there was a G29 glitch, with "2 modes" depending on how the G29 was detected maybe (one where you had resistance even during pause, the other when there was no resistance at all during pause, like when the wheel is unplugged)

PS4 Pro & G29 - I can't get Manual to work in Assists. Running default wheel settings. As soon as game passes over to user control, it drops into neutral, and I can't change gear up or down. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes, I've been experiencing a similar issue. I don't use the shifter attachment so I just shift with the paddles. If you press down the clutch pedal and then hit a paddle it drops it into neutral. I've just been flat-foot shifting sans clutch for now. PS4 & G29.

Yes, I've been experiencing a similar issue. I don't use the shifter attachment so I just shift with the paddles. If you press down the clutch pedal and then hit a paddle it drops it into neutral. I've just been flat-foot shifting sans clutch for now. PS4 & G29.

Can I suggest you read the manual - doing that engages the clutch not the paddle and likewise with the shifter putting the shifter in gear means the shifter is used.

Gear Stick and Clutch Controls​

If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear stick (such as the TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission in Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be automatically selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

・Using the gear stick -> The gear stick alone will become operational (Auto-clutch mode).
・Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear stick and clutch will both become operational (Full Manual Mode).

Using the paddle shift controls in either of these modes will automatically switch the system back to paddle shift mode.

There are certain cars, such as those with torque converters, CVT, dual clutches etc. in which a clutch pedal cannot be used even if a manual transmission mode is available.

Like everyone else, I find the FFB is very muted. I know it's not the wheel's problem because iRacing and ACC have very lively, talkative steering wheels.

Can I suggest you read the manual - doing that engages the clutch not the paddle and likewise with the shifter putting the shifter in gear means the shifter is used.

Gear Stick and Clutch Controls​

If you are using a steering wheel controller that has a gear stick (such as the TH8 RS shifter) and a clutch pedal, please be sure to select Manual (MT) transmission in Driving Options. When you start racing, paddle shift will be automatically selected, but you can change the mode by performing the following actions:

・Using the gear stick -> The gear stick alone will become operational (Auto-clutch mode).
・Stepping on the clutch pedal -> The gear stick and clutch will both become operational (Full Manual Mode).

Using the paddle shift controls in either of these modes will automatically switch the system back to paddle shift mode.

There are certain cars, such as those with torque converters, CVT, dual clutches etc. in which a clutch pedal cannot be used even if a manual transmission mode is available.

Yeah it might help if I RTFM for once.

It's just strange the way GT7 implements it. It seems even in paddle/auto-clutch mode, it still expects you to lift off the throttle between upshifts or else it's banging off the limiter. I've never seen that before in a game and I thought there was an issue somewhere. Mind you GT5 with a controller was my last GT experience.

Last edited:
Yeah it might help if I RTFM for once.

It's just strange the way GT7 implements it. It seems even in paddle/auto-clutch mode, it still expects you to lift off the throttle between upshifts or else it's banging off the limiter. I've never seen that before in a game and I thought there was an issue somewhere. Mind you GT5 with a controller was my last GT experience.

Guess that means I can't heel-toe unless I have the stick shift attachment. GG PD.
Strange, when I click a paddle the game cuts the throttle during the shift.

Guys, did you experience g29 random disconnection on ps5?
Sometimes mine lost signal completely as it has a conflict with dualsense.
I need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to make it work again. 🤔

So I'm past the point in-game at which others said their FFB was suddenly fixed and mine still isn't. I tried other games to check it wasn't a hardware issue: On Dirt Rally 2, where you'd expect to feel the road, it's perfect. Also that game puts the wheel options of Gran Turismo to shame, but that's a side note. I tried GT Sport, which I had never tried on wheel, and it seems GT games give very little FFB for road feel in general compared to all other games I've played in this category (AC, ACC, F7, F1). That said, I could feel grip to some degree in GTS and definitely curbs, but still nothing in GT7. It definitely seems like a bug.

Also, I understand that RWD cars in this game are harder to control, but my earlier statement still holds up. Without road-feel, you find out too late that the car has broken traction to have time to correct it, it's a compound issue essentially with how cars handle in this game.

PS: I did want to mention that I can actually feel the paintwork/bumps on the road on Tokyo Expressway, very heavily in fact, like I'd expect to on a g29. Which only serves to further my point that other curbs and road features aren't being felt properly for those of us with this issue (mostly g29 PS4 Pro users it seems). Curbs etc are completely smooth for me, like they don't exist. I'm assuming whatever is on the Expressway roads is programmed in a different category to curbs etc, and all we need is the rest fixing. Fingers crossed this gets passed to PD somehow!

Last edited:
$.02 from me- I'm on PS5. GT Sport on PS5 with the G29 is much better than PS4. GT7 is pretty good, so far. I'll be trying some different FFB settings, but don't be afraid to tweak the steering sensitivity. Steering to 5 was the difference between 4th and first on the Trial Mountain championship in a current gen Camaro SS...

Last edited:
I don’t see how it works so well when doing the licsense’s even with settings on lowest but hardly anything there when doing any other race mode

P.s just figured actually if you raise difficulty settings seems to make it work better actually

Last edited:
I don’t see how it works so well when doing the licsense’s even with settings on lowest but hardly anything there when doing any other race mode

P.s just figured actually if you raise difficulty settings seems to make it work better actually
Wow, I was willing to try anything.. This just might have done it! Thanks!

I just felt a curb for the first time in GT7. Also went back and tried the Camaro and it feels better, I can catch a slide. Same with B-6 license where I just couldn't save the slide, gold! The FFB just feels better.

I put the difficulty back to normal and it still seemed to be ok too. Weird fix. And I do think this game could dial up it's road feel, I'd like to see a slider in options, but otherwise this feels more like GT Sport now!

My problem was a faulty clutch pedal mod, now resolved.

3/5 for drifting
3/3-1 for racing
3/7 for oval racing in rwd road car so I don't kill myself everytime there is a small bump going 300km/h

I use G29 FFb 3/3 for GTSport , I've started GT7 at 5/5 , but today for powerfull road cars , i did a test at 10/10 and i love it. FFB is helping for counter-steer , you have to let your hands very light with the FFB talking to you the momentum.Poor G29 feeling but this is what we have for the moment.😁

Guys, did you experience g29 random disconnection on ps5?
Sometimes mine lost signal completely as it has a conflict with dualsense.
I need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to make it work again. 🤔
Same here.
Though only 2 disconnections (both mid-race) in 10 hours of driving.
I'm on G29 on PS4 with no controller connected.

For me it is just a bug and a very bad optimization of the G29 in GT7...

Yesterday I was doing many trials and noticed that accelerator sensitivity is very off. It does not stay fix in very low load and the minimum load is approx at 20%.

Also, another issue I see is the lateral grip of the tyre simulation. In FR cars it's simply not working well. I was in Laguna Seca with the C7 (sport soft tyres) and completely lost traction and went sideways in the straight after the hill. It was like hitting the handbrake literally! And this is just an example.

At High Speed Ring I can only accelerate over 30% when completely in the straight line, not even in high gears... really annoying and frustrating.

GT Sport was really spot on with the G29. I feel completely lost. And depressed.

Fed Up Reaction GIF

So what was the fix? Raising difficulty setting? to what?
What G29 settigns are you using?
It seems that simple. I raised difficulty from Normal to Hard, tested it and the FFB was improved, put it back on Normal and it remained that way. I figured I'd have to do similar today but I booted the game up and it works fine.

Naturally, that made me suspicious that I was just losing the plot lol. I thought maybe it was just harder suspension setup or something. So I got in a slow car I'd not modified but had driven and went on a few tracks I knew I couldn't feel the curbs on and it's fine.

What I will say is that road feel is minimal in this game it seems, not all curbs etc are bumpy and I imagine speed is a factor on the feedback it gives. For me, the Autopolis track in Japan has good curbs to test your FFB is working and adjust accordingly.

My FFB settings are: Torque 6, Sensitivity 10. I had a play with them and this was what suited me.

Hope this helps someone!

So I'm past the point in-game at which others said their FFB was suddenly fixed and mine still isn't. I tried other games to check it wasn't a hardware issue: On Dirt Rally 2, where you'd expect to feel the road, it's perfect. Also that game puts the wheel options of Gran Turismo to shame, but that's a side note. I tried GT Sport, which I had never tried on wheel, and it seems GT games give very little FFB for road feel in general compared to all other games I've played in this category (AC, ACC, F7, F1). That said, I could feel grip to some degree in GTS and definitely curbs, but still nothing in GT7. It definitely seems like a bug.

Also, I understand that RWD cars in this game are harder to control, but my earlier statement still holds up. Without road-feel, you find out too late that the car has broken traction to have time to correct it, it's a compound issue essentially with how cars handle in this game.

PS: I did want to mention that I can actually feel the paintwork/bumps on the road on Tokyo Expressway, very heavily in fact, like I'd expect to on a g29. Which only serves to further my point that other curbs and road features aren't being felt properly for those of us with this issue (mostly g29 PS4 Pro users it seems). Curbs etc are completely smooth for me, like they don't exist. I'm assuming whatever is on the Expressway roads is programmed in a different category to curbs etc, and all we need is the rest fixing. Fingers crossed this gets passed to PD somehow!
Been having the same problem on PS5, when I go over the curbs really slow I get the feedback but when I go faster it is just completely numb.
I thought there was something wrong with the wheel, but it seemed fine in AMS2.

Back