Logitech G29 settings for GT7

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 152 comments
G923 PS4
I had no idea those settings were available so 0-5-5.
FF feels okey to me but it can clip loudly when the front tires slide and it's under steering hard.

I have a lot of disconnects when I try and use a USB 3.0 hub on the PS4. The wheel can be plugged directly in to the PS and the hub on the 2nd usb and it still dumps the controller every 1/2 minutes.

Just to bring this thread back to the original topic.
The settings that most people are interested in sharing are those found under the controller options in the pause menu when you're about to start a race. Both are numbers between 1 and 10.

Force Feedback Max Torque - ?
Force Feedback sensitivity - ?

Let us know what settings you're using if you're finding them to be good.
For GT7 After reading the description of what it does I lowered my FF Mac Torque to 1. I feel like I am getting much better feedback. Can feel bumps and the front wheels getting light at the crest of hills. Anyone else using 1?

Still working on a setting for FF Sensitivity. Right now I’m running it 7-1-3

So glad i found this thread I would have never known those settings were there. Getting that sensitivity slider off of zero help TONS with catching the back end when it steps out. Also helps TONS with precision movements when your at the edge.

New settings 3-4-4.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can anyone provide a brief explanation or their thoughts on the Sensitivity setting? The game says "resistance" but having it set lower gives lower resistance + much better roadfeel compared to the max of 10. The wheel lightening up when the tires slip is much more pronouned on lower Sensitivity. I currently have it set on 3.

The Torque setting to me simply feels like a "heaviness" setting for the wheel. 10 is way too numb feeling and stiff. I have this set on 2.

I'm curious about controller sensitivity myself. I'll try 3 and see if it makes a difference, but right now it's pretty good with (whatever)-4-1.

Last edited:
I think I'm running (default)-4-6. Or it might be flipped, can't recall. It feels alright if a bit stiff. Gonna need to do some Tsukuba laps to get it dialed I think.

Me too... But with g29 is almost impossible to control a super easy nissan silvia s15 withtout any modification.. As soon as it start losing a bit of grip, you spin, no chance to save it. And when grip lost is really progressive, you have no chance to save it even if you set TCS at 5, that doesn't make any sense...
Agreed, GT7 + PS5 + G29 combo here and I find all RWD cars & powerful AWD cars extremely challenging with TCS off. I consider the game broken in this respect. I have to drive with TCS on 1 or 2 and it feels like cheating.

The Silvia drift mission took numerous attempts to pass on a G29 and basically had to "cheat the system" to drift. In comparison I then tried it with the pad and immediately got gold because with the pad you can immediately have full lock, while with the G29 there's no way to turn the wheel fast enough to catch the slide (edit: when steering sensitivity is 0).

Edit 1: Okay, never mind. Upping the steering sensitivity from 0 to +3 helped A LOT with the drifting. Suddenly I can slide RWD cars the way I expected to.

Edit 2: Changing the steering sensitivity made drift missions a lot better (still nowhere as easy as on a pad), but I still find the RWD cars way too hard to drive when racing and trying to maintain grip. Certain types of slides feel impossible to catch. Will keep fiddling with the settings.

Last edited:
Agreed, GT7 + PS5 + G29 combo here and I find all RWD cars & powerful AWD cars extremely challenging with TCS off. I consider the game broken in this respect. I have to drive with TCS on 1 or 2 and it feels like cheating.

The Silvia drift mission took numerous attempts to pass on a G29 and basically had to "cheat the system" to drift. In comparison I then tried it with the pad and immediately got gold because with the pad you can immediately have full lock, while with the G29 there's no way to turn the wheel fast enough to catch the slide (edit: when steering sensitivity is 0).

Edit 1: Okay, never mind. Upping the steering sensitivity from 0 to +3 helped A LOT with the drifting. Suddenly I can slide RWD cars the way I expected to.

Edit 2: Changing the steering sensitivity made drift missions a lot better (still nowhere as easy as on a pad), but I still find the RWD cars way too hard to drive when racing and trying to maintain grip. Certain types of slides feel impossible to catch. Will keep fiddling with the settings.
Wait a minute....are you saying the "steering sensitivity" setting in the game affects steering wheel controls? Are you sure? Because I coulda sworn that option was strictly for pad users. In what way does it affect the wheel?

Wait a minute....are you saying the "steering sensitivity" setting in the game affects steering wheel controls? Are you sure? Because I coulda sworn that option was strictly for pad users. In what way does it affect the wheel?
Oh yes. Upping the steering sensitivity does exactly that, makes the steering more sensitive = more precise, but also twitchier. But it also makes the countersteering faster = easier to catch slides. I think this is most apparent in the Silvia drift mission (second set of Missions), where sensitivity 0 = undriveable and anything above 3 is doable. Go ahead and give it a try. The text description for the setting makes it sound like it's only for the wireless controller.

Last edited:
Please feed back best G29 settings here
In short: 2/8

Details/Explanation:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/some-thoughts-on-ffb-sensitivity.384232/post-12594573

I use PS4 Pro with the G29. In my experience both in GTS and GT7 I get the less damping effect (i.e. the most feedback from the ground) with FFBS=10. It is so much, that in the straight you have to grab the wheel! If you increase the torque it reduces (hides) this sensitivity, so I use 2/8 (strength / "sensitivity" which is in fact a reversed damping).
Try test this with Tomahawk over 400mph:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fastest-top-speed-car-on-gt7.407139/post-13666356

To sum up:
FFB Torque = strength of forces
FFB Sensitivity = "inverse damper" (low number = wheel more stable on straights but u get less detail)
Controller Sensitivity = linearity (smaller effect than using Dualshock 4) - I keep it on 0. For drifting I use the Steering Angle Adapter tuning.

Last edited:
Hello, today is my first day with wheel g29 in any racing game and it seems that i cant drive at all with it. The first problems with it is that the sensitivity is sometimes very little sometimes with gentle rotation it makes 180 degrees turn in a second, is there a setting for this. The second one which is bigger is that when i brake with controller the car stops without shaking from side to side but when i try to make the same breaking with the wheel the car always lose grip while braking and turns sideways. Please help me !

Hello, today is my first day with wheel g29 in any racing game and it seems that i cant drive at all with it. The first problems with it is that the sensitivity is sometimes very little sometimes with gentle rotation it makes 180 degrees turn in a second, is there a setting for this. The second one which is bigger is that when i brake with controller the car stops without shaking from side to side but when i try to make the same breaking with the wheel the car always lose grip while braking and turns sideways. Please help me !

IMHO Controller Sensitivity is only for wireless controllers, but some guys wrote here it has effect to steering wheels as well. I suggest to keep it at 0. If your one is so much sensitive, probably it is now at 7. (I am just guessing)
If you bought a Steering Angle Adapter tuning then switch it off (it is for drifting).
The last 2 are for FFB strength and FFB sensitivity, set them 2 and 8. Why?
Here is a great explanation. This is for GTS, but it is true for GT7:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/some-thoughts-on-ffb-sensitivity.384232/post-12594573
Your second problem could be connected with ABS. Is it switched on?
We can help more if you could send some screenshots about your settings.

Last edited:
IMHO Controller Sensitivity is only for wireless controllers, but some guys wrote here it has effect to steering wheels as well. I suggest to keep it at 0. If your one is so much sensitive, probably it is now at 7. (I am just guessing)
If you bought a Steering Angle Adapter tuning then switch it off (it is for drifting).
The last 2 are for FFB strength and FFB sensitivity, set them 2 and 8. Why?
Here is a great explanation. This is for GTS, but it is true for GT7:
Your second problem could be connected with ABS. Is it switched on?
We can help more if you could send some screenshots about your settings.
If you've switched from a PS5 Dual Sense to a G29 then the brake pedal is completely different. It's testament to the Dualsense (or a criticism of the G29 pedals) that it's a downgrade to the G29. If you search eBay you can find kits that replace the spring with something much more realistic.

I don't know how the fanatec wheels work but I'm assuming they don't have force feedback in the pedals like the dualsense? That would be the next step for me

I live heavy understeering cars so for me I've got both my feedback settings set to 8

If you've switched from a PS5 Dual Sense to a G29 then the brake pedal is completely different. It's testament to the Dualsense (or a criticism of the G29 pedals) that it's a downgrade to the G29. If you search eBay you can find kits that replace the spring with something much more realistic.

I don't know how the fanatec wheels work but I'm assuming they don't have force feedback in the pedals like the dualsense? That would be the next step for me

I live heavy understeering cars so for me I've got both my feedback settings set to 8
Thanks a lot. My answer was a PS4 (Pro) owner point of view. BTW I never ever tried to play with controller. 😁

Compared to the 2/8 of mine, your one a bit stronger and get little less feel of the ground. On the other hand a bit more stable on the straights. Probably hard to realize the difference. 👍
I used 2 and 8 in GTS, I find 3 and 7 gives me more feel for when the rear is sliding, but yeah it's not a huge difference.

Is anyone else having issues with their G29 suddenly losing connection while playing? I'm on PS5 and get this quite regularly at the moment. Need to quickly hit the PS button on the Dualsense to pause game, then hit PS button on the G29 to reconnect it etc.

I also get another issue. I play with my headphones plugged into the Dualsense which sits to the side of me while I drive on the G29. Often after a period of play, the sound goes dead. The Dual sense seems to disconnect or turn itself off and I need to hit the PS button on it to turn it on again and reactivate the sound in my ears. Annoying.

Any help with either of these 2 issues would be great...

Is anyone else having issues with their G29 suddenly losing connection while playing? I'm on PS5 and get this quite regularly at the moment. Need to quickly hit the PS button on the Dualsense to pause game, then hit PS button on the G29 to reconnect it etc.

I also get another issue. I play with my headphones plugged into the Dualsense which sits to the side of me while I drive on the G29. Often after a period of play, the sound goes dead. The Dual sense seems to disconnect or turn itself off and I need to hit the PS button on it to turn it on again and reactivate the sound in my ears. Annoying.

Any help with either of these 2 issues would be great...
You need to check your accessories settings and power saving settings on the PS5 and change the time the controller turns off. Using headphones doesn't count as using the controller annoyingly. Also check your G29 is set to PS4 mode as that shouldn't be classed as an accessory and disconnect like that - are you plugging it into the front port yes?

You need to check your accessories settings and power saving settings on the PS5 and change the time the controller turns off. Using headphones doesn't count as using the controller annoyingly. Also check your G29 is set to PS4 mode as that shouldn't be classed as an accessory and disconnect like that - are you plugging it into the front port yes?
Cool, will check those settings! Thanks

Yes, front port of PS5, via an extension cable. The cable isn't new. Should I be using a specific type/classification extension cable?

Cool, will check those settings! Thanks

Yes, front port of PS5, via an extension cable. The cable isn't new. Should I be using a specific type/classification extension cable?
The extension cable might be your issue. You'll want to check its the same class of cable as if it has a lower amp rating than the G29 (which I think is a 5A USB 3.1) the PS5 could well be mistaking it for an accessory. Depending on your PS5 settings it will turn off power to the USB ports for accessories

Hi all, I'm a pad user since GT1, a quite decent one too... :) Yesterday I asked a friend to lend me his old g29 and I have a strange problem/feeling...
I'm not able to drive any car that is not FF with less than 300pp, I always spin out 4wd and FR no matter what I do. I tried all settings of FF, sensitivity, any... It's simply impossible to control the car as soon as it start to lose grip, even if it's by really little and far less than what you normally do to help the car going through corners... I thiught it may be me that I'm not able to use wheel, so I went back to GT sport and bam!, I'm able to drive again! I'm not as fast as I am with pad, but that's normal, I have 25 years of experience with that... But I can control the car! No issues at all!
So my question is... is it gt7 broken for g29 and need a fix or am I broken and it's better to go back to pad? gt7 with wheel is really frustrating...
You may as well turn some aids on. That's all they'll do if anything.
Unfortunately it makes the FFD and AWD too dull to drive.
I've found TC at 1 improves RWD but I'm only on 200 bhp cars so far.

Main problem is lack of feedback. Only listening for tyre squeal helps.

I'm reasonably sure the 1.13 update may have changed FFB with the G29. I'm still experimenting, but tend to like something in the range of 2-2, 2-3, or 2-4.

Tried 2-2, 2-3 and 2-4. 2-3 feels good and give me fair road and curb feel with a decent feel on the wheel.
Did a few laps at Spa in the Nismo GT-R GT3 and my best time was 2.19:812. I might be able to get under 2:19 with the perfect lap.

Tried the same track in the same car with the same assists (TC1, ABS on, auto gears) and got an easy 2:18:520 on my first run and then a 2.17.116 on my 2nd lap. Could probably go a second quicker on a perfect lap.

Not only is the feedback so much better on the dual sense I found I could drive closer to the limit due to the better forces, despite being able to drive smoother and more precisely with the wheel and pedals.
PD just really spoilt us with the feel on the pad. Too hard to use anything else.

First day with the wheel here. Is it possible to adjust steering angle? On daytona road course I need to take my hands off the wheel to make T2 and T4.

First day with the wheel here. Is it possible to adjust steering angle? On daytona road course I need to take my hands off the wheel to make T2 and T4.
No and this is a massive bug bear of mine. Gran Turismo seems to be the only game not to support this on the G29?

There are two issues I have with the controller settings the steering angle being one of them.

I also want to be able to set defaults that I can switch easily to. E.g.
  • Semi-Auto/Flappy Paddle (usually my default)
  • Manual Shifter (where the flappy paddles have no effect/input) and the steering angle is greater
  • Drifting - even greater steering angle but with flappy paddles

Last edited:
I agree that one of the main improvements i could want on the G29 is adjustment of steering ratio to suit different cars.
Then after that an update to help with feedback,curbs etc would be much appreciated.

I currently have a progressive brake pedal spring on order (like the one in the updated G920), and magnetic base plate for the paddles to help with shifting. Im hoping these little upgrades will help somewhat, as I just cant justify the jump to a DD pro for example at the minute.

I agree that one of the main improvements i could want on the G29 is adjustment of steering ratio to suit different cars.
Then after that an update to help with feedback,curbs etc would be much appreciated.

I currently have a progressive brake pedal spring on order (like the one in the updated G920), and magnetic base plate for the paddles to help with shifting. Im hoping these little upgrades will help somewhat, as I just cant justify the jump to a DD pro for example at the minute.
DOG or Degree of rotation is the main diference with g29 and DD Fanatecs.
in the fanatec you can adjust the rotation to 540, 360, 180, directly on the whell, Wich makes a huge diference in inputs and response to loss of control.
I notice that whatching videos of Super_gt, you can tell the diference in the speed of movement of the red dot above the Rev meter.
In the G29 is wayyy to slow, i suspect that GT7 adjust automaticaly the rotation for G29 and the type of car.

Latest Posts

Back