Lots of Games have it Now. Should GT 5 have a Rewind Option?

• Thread starter Simple SIM
  • 1,300 comments

Gameplay Rewind Feature. Opinions.

• I will only buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yes, it should be in GT5.

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • I don't care if it is included, nor if it isn't.

Votes: 71 21.8%
  • No, it shouldn't be in GT5.

Votes: 210 64.6%
  • I won't buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • I would never use it if it's in the game.

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • I would use it only during practice.

Votes: 30 9.2%
  • I would use it only during races.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I would use it in both modes (racing and practice).

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Other (explain).

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A agree with what you are saying, but only 3 rewinds wouldn't allow a lot of room for perfecting corners.

I also think using rewind should disqualify your times from any leaderboard. They just shouldn't be posted at all. Those times have no business being there.

I'm not advocating it's use for any kind of cheating. ONLY for practice....or a bit of mindless fun. :P

I just don't see the harm in having the feature for those who want it and the ability to turn it off completely for the people who don't.

Totally agree with you. I was just thinking about the implication of people abusing it and now that you mention the idea about the times not being posted, I realize we're pretty much on the same wavelength.

Good talk :dopey:

this request is such a contradiction to what the spirit of the GT series is its amazing it was even brought up. Well no it isnt actually, the forza/grid/dirt boys are here in force lately

fixed

this request is such a contradiction to what the spirit of the GT series is its amazing it was even brought up. Well no it isnt actually, the forza boys are here in force lately

Because Forza is the only game that has rewi....oh wait.

This topic isn't about Forza AT ALL. This topic is about a rewind feature.

this request is such a contradiction to what the spirit of the GT series is its amazing it was even brought up. Well no it isnt actually, the forza/grid/dirt boys are here in force lately

fixed

rewind is for sissies and cheapos

thankfully GT remains pollutant free from rewind

I don't care for a rewind feature as present in games like FM3, but I can see an option like it in a kind of driving school. It would not realy be a rewind function, but more like an option to indicate a certain track section that you would like to drive over and over, without having to drive the whole track from the start. This could prove useful to learn a certain corner or combination of corners.

Brilliant idea!👍

As anyone who has ever seriously tried to beat leaderboard ghosts knows, you keep trying and trying and trying, perfecting each corner after another. But eventually by your 27th lap it has come down to one single corner that you just can't seem to take as well as that damn ghost!

And it can be a real grind at this point as you have to complete another full lap just to have the opportunity for one more try.

It would be great to be able to isolate that track section,as you suggest and practice that one corner to perfection.

Brilliant idea!👍

As anyone who has ever seriously tried to beat leaderboard ghosts knows, you keep trying and trying and trying, perfecting each corner after another. But eventually by your 27th lap it has come down to one single corner that you just can't seem to take as well as that damn ghost!

And it can be a real grind at this point as you have to complete another full lap just to have the opportunity for one more try.

It would be great to be able to isolate that track section,as you suggest and practice that one corner to perfection.

A lap record is still a lap record. You could beat the ghost in the corner but then you still have to string every corner together anyways so why not just do that.

I'm all for best sector time leaderboards, but this feature I just cant get behind.

Think about it, if you had a rewind button how would you feel if you were jostling for 1st place then someone in 10th crashed & pressed the rewind button online ?.

Think about it, if you had a rewind button how would you feel if you were jostling for 1st place then someone in 10th crashed & pressed the rewind button online ?.

I don't think anyone is suggesting putting a rewind option online. That couldn't never work.

GT5 is supposed to be a real simulator. You make a mistake, you pay the consequences, that's racing.

Well uhm, I'm not saying it should be in, but maybe they could implement it for arcade races only?
I know friends of mine (who are more into soccer games and such) mostly play arcade mode, they would absolutely not mind it being available.

But whatever, I don't really care if it's in or out. Only if it took considerable time to develop it... but I can't imagine it being that hard to do :)

Rather then a rewind function, I would like save points for long races. Maybe a checkpoint every 10 laps or so.
As far as the rewind function goes, I like it better then being able to pay real money like in shift, and madden to unlock in game items, or cars. At least with rewind you have to play the game to get the goods.

Maybe a compromise would be, enter a race in Professional Mode (no handicaps on) earn more credits,
enter a race with handicaps on (such a rewind) earn less credits. :)

standard physics and in gt-mode I wouldn't care but there would have to be limitations as in how often you can use it (once or twice should be enough imho)

proffessional physics - hell no

If your playing a basketball game should you get the ability to rewind if you miss a shot? That way you get unlimited chances to make that game winning 3 pointer.

This thread is a joke now. Let it fall to the bottom or get locked.

A good idea ( not rewind feature for GT games ) would be your car is placed back on the track ( if undamaged & right way up ), but if you can't get out of the kitty litter then your race is over.If bad damage happens & cant participate in the race, because of a roll over, hitting a wall or another immovable object, another car ( or combination of them ) or mechanical failure then you are out of the race & the race continues (unless you own a backup car if team building is a part of it).Also if you drive on rough ground, or drive across severe bumpy ground you would risk damaging suspension, ripping off underside parts & damaging bodywork.

By looking at the Subaru in the E3 trailer, we know that's a hard landing so damaging suspension, bursting tyres, losing wheels, digging the nose in the ground could force the rally car to cartwheel.

P.s if you use all the fuel, then the engine cuts out & you coast the car on the track, and you are out of the race if you don't reach a pitstop.

That's how the race should be, with rules like that of real life production car racing & Le Mans rules, WRC rules & Nascar rules.

Damn the original TOCA BTCC game had race rules ( not the complete set of rules i admit ), and with cars that were removed after a roll over.

Amending posts i keep adding things to it so can read later if you like.

Last edited:
If your playing a basketball game should you get the ability to rewind if you miss a shot? That way you get unlimited chances to make that game winning 3 pointer.

This thread is a joke now. Let it fall to the bottom or get locked.

If you're minding your own business with the court to yourself (single player) can you take as many shots as you like? Yes. Opposing Rewind for no reason is a joke.

If GT5 is supposed to be a driving simulator (it is) then gimmicks like a rewind feature shouldn't be included. Any game that has that feature and features like it aren't really driving sims. Forza 3 included.

Oh no please.... GT5 has to be a driving simulator, please, don't make it an arcade game. C'mon, do you think that in real life, if you crash, you have the possibility of Rewind?

No, because it would make the game rather arcade and toy-like, which sadly it makes Forza 3 sound.

If you're minding your own business with the court to yourself (single player) can you take as many shots as you like? Yes. Opposing Rewind for no reason is a joke.

Rewind is a built in cheat for arcade games and casuals. Once game developers start adopting features like this it's a slippery slope down.

Soon Turn 10 will be selling "power ups" on X-box live. An example of a powerup?

$1 - Ghost Car. For one race make your car invulernable to other cars by having it drive right threw them. No need to worry about avoiding them.

$1 - Last Lap Hero - Your car receives a 20% horsepower boost for the final lap of a race.

See what I mean? This garbage is already in games and if you give in once you've opened up the floodgates.

On that note I'll point out the "simulator paradox"

If GT is simulating you as a race driver, you might have available to you [in the simulated world of GT] a driving simulation for testing/training purposes. It's not far fetched for GT racers, Endurance racers, and F1 teams. With this you could do all the things a rewind would allow you to do, and it would not be fake in anyway. It's a sim inside a sim.

So it's like this

GT world is real in GT, within GT world there are simulators. When you are using rewind, you are not driving, you are just using a simulator. This applies to any simulator as at any moment in a sim, you are simming. Why can't a simulator simulate simulations?

Ah, but you see, when we screwed the pooch on a turn and smack a wall we all know we aren't simulating, we are racing:sly:. In real life when you smack the wall, you smack the wall. Deal with the consequences.👍

last two posts: wtf.

MAke a fracking poll!!!!! We would see even more clearly how much people don't want this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back