Lots of Games have it Now. Should GT 5 have a Rewind Option?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Simple SIM, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Gameplay Rewind Feature. Opinions.

1. I will only buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  2. Yes, it should be in GT5.

19 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. I don't care if it is included, nor if it isn't.

71 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. No, it shouldn't be in GT5.

210 vote(s)
    64.6%
  5. I won't buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

9 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. I would never use it if it's in the game.

74 vote(s)
    22.8%
  7. I would use it only during practice.

30 vote(s)
    9.2%
  8. I would use it only during races.

4 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. I would use it in both modes (racing and practice).

12 vote(s)
    3.7%
  10. Other (explain).

7 vote(s)
    2.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zuggerat

zuggerat

Totally agree with you. I was just thinking about the implication of people abusing it and now that you mention the idea about the times not being posted, I realize we're pretty much on the same wavelength.

Good talk :dopey:

2. turbomp301

turbomp301

this request is such a contradiction to what the spirit of the GT series is its amazing it was even brought up. Well no it isnt actually, the forza/grid/dirt boys are here in force lately

fixed

3. Smoke&Slide

Smoke&Slide

That's an idea Denur.Just like track day lessons.

4. Simple SIM

Simple SIM

Because Forza is the only game that has rewi....oh wait.

This topic isn't about Forza AT ALL. This topic is about a rewind feature.

5. Rand al Thor

Rand al Thor (Banned)

rewind is for sissies and cheapos

thankfully GT remains pollutant free from rewind

6. Masi_23

Masi_23

7. Simple SIM

Simple SIM

Brilliant idea!:tup:

As anyone who has ever seriously tried to beat leaderboard ghosts knows, you keep trying and trying and trying, perfecting each corner after another. But eventually by your 27th lap it has come down to one single corner that you just can't seem to take as well as that damn ghost!

And it can be a real grind at this point as you have to complete another full lap just to have the opportunity for one more try.

It would be great to be able to isolate that track section,as you suggest and practice that one corner to perfection.

8. turbomp301

turbomp301

A lap record is still a lap record. You could beat the ghost in the corner but then you still have to string every corner together anyways so why not just do that.

I'm all for best sector time leaderboards, but this feature I just cant get behind.

9. kingcars

kingcars

In response to the OP: Not in a million years.

10. Smoke&Slide

Smoke&Slide

Think about it, if you had a rewind button how would you feel if you were jostling for 1st place then someone in 10th crashed & pressed the rewind button online ?.

11. Simple SIM

Simple SIM

I don't think anyone is suggesting putting a rewind option online. That couldn't never work.

12. Peter

Peter (Banned)

GT5 is supposed to be a real simulator. You make a mistake, you pay the consequences, that's racing.

13. Smoke&Slide

Smoke&Slide

A rewind feature won't happen for GT5, save it for Grid 2, the next NFS game & Forza 4.

14. TorqueHappenS08

TorqueHappenS08

Heres a Deffinitive NO.

NO

15. Qronicle

Qronicle

Well uhm, I'm not saying it should be in, but maybe they could implement it for arcade races only?
    I know friends of mine (who are more into soccer games and such) mostly play arcade mode, they would absolutely not mind it being available.

But whatever, I don't really care if it's in or out. Only if it took considerable time to develop it... but I can't imagine it being that hard to do :)

16. bevo

bevo Premium

Rather then a rewind function, I would like save points for long races. Maybe a checkpoint every 10 laps or so.
    As far as the rewind function goes, I like it better then being able to pay real money like in shift, and madden to unlock in game items, or cars. At least with rewind you have to play the game to get the goods.

17. regnar

regnar Premium

Maybe a compromise would be, enter a race in Professional Mode (no handicaps on) earn more credits,
    enter a race with handicaps on (such a rewind) earn less credits. :)

18. haubi

haubi

standard physics and in gt-mode I wouldn't care but there would have to be limitations as in how often you can use it (once or twice should be enough imho)

proffessional physics - hell no

19. Earth

Earth

If your playing a basketball game should you get the ability to rewind if you miss a shot? That way you get unlimited chances to make that game winning 3 pointer.

This thread is a joke now. Let it fall to the bottom or get locked.

20. JamboGT

JamboGT

Of course not, don't be silly!

21. Smoke&Slide

Smoke&Slide

That's how the race should be, with rules like that of real life production car racing & Le Mans rules, WRC rules & Nascar rules.

Damn the original TOCA BTCC game had race rules ( not the complete set of rules i admit ), and with cars that were removed after a roll over.

Amending posts i keep adding things to it so can read later if you like.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  22. Exorcet

Exorcet

If you're minding your own business with the court to yourself (single player) can you take as many shots as you like? Yes. Opposing Rewind for no reason is a joke.

23. Slurm

Slurm

No.

No means no. I don't like it and I won't have it.

24. devildog666

devildog666

If GT5 is supposed to be a driving simulator (it is) then gimmicks like a rewind feature shouldn't be included. Any game that has that feature and features like it aren't really driving sims. Forza 3 included.

25. zazaza

zazaza

Oh no please.... GT5 has to be a driving simulator, please, don't make it an arcade game. C'mon, do you think that in real life, if you crash, you have the possibility of Rewind?

26. Tenacious D

Tenacious D Premium

No, because it would make the game rather arcade and toy-like, which sadly it makes Forza 3 sound.

27. Earth

Earth

Rewind is a built in cheat for arcade games and casuals. Once game developers start adopting features like this it's a slippery slope down.

Soon Turn 10 will be selling "power ups" on X-box live. An example of a powerup?

$1 - Ghost Car. For one race make your car invulernable to other cars by having it drive right threw them. No need to worry about avoiding them.

$1 - Last Lap Hero - Your car receives a 20% horsepower boost for the final lap of a race.

See what I mean? This garbage is already in games and if you give in once you've opened up the floodgates.

28. devildog666

devildog666

Ah, but you see, when we screwed the pooch on a turn and smack a wall we all know we aren't simulating, we are racing:sly:. In real life when you smack the wall, you smack the wall. Deal with the consequences.:tup:

29. Smoke&Slide

Smoke&Slide

You talking about an ugly pooch someone rather forget devildog666 ?.

30. Slurm

Slurm

last two posts: wtf.

MAke a fracking poll!!!!! We would see even more clearly how much people don't want this feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.