major bug in 1.10

  • Thread starter Thread starter buggs1a
  • 73 comments
  • 10,169 views
I have the space issue on this. Says need 32 mb Free I have 16gb anyone found how to fix this yet?
 
I get a crash whenever i finish the new Subaru online event, the screen goes black with the GT insingia, i can hear cars running around the track, i wait for more than 10 minutes and nothing. Happened twice before i updated the console to 3.65, happened again after the update.
 
Read my posts and you'll see I've already deleted everything several times.
 
If the thumb is missing in your garage try pressing "Get Thumbnail"
 
That works.
Now the BMW race car dell white one doesn't show its picture in its tune settings screen
Any lotus crashes the ps3 hard.
How do I tweet Kaz on my Android? I need to tell him of these major to me bugs.
 
Have you tried other games? It might be a bug in GT5, but it might also be a problem with hard disk.
 
Might be unrealed but since doing both updates my clocks (speedo/rpm) are blank prior to crossing the startline at begining of race? Also when clicking on garage icon to meet race regualtions the search returns no matching car(s) even though i know i have it/them
 
Yesterday I played an hr or so of killzone 3 single player and online since I was so mad at my issues in gt5. I never had any issues before.the newest 110 update and haven't had other game issues.ever.

My disc should be cleaner or whatever but its been this way for.ever and no issues till not. I don't think its.scratched.though. can't see any. Did wipe it.though to try and no help.

So only thing I can think of is.buy gt5 again. But if same issue I'm out the $.

Another bug is colors don't give you the color name when buying new cars looking at the different colors. Lots of cars.have many available colors but when you put the icon over a color to see it, it doesn't give the name anymore. Sometimes the name of the color is.given, but sometimes not. Before.update all colors gave the name.
 
Also when clicking on garage icon to meet race regualtions the search returns no matching car(s) even though i know i have it/them

If they're out of regulation (could be even 1HP) they wont show up, I had this happen in a couple of the new seasonals, my Fiat had 67HP and the garage icon wouldn't show them. I had to go to the garage manually knock the HP down to 65HP. I then checked if it would show in the garage icon (in seasonals) and it did.


So only thing I can think of is.buy gt5 again. But if same issue I'm out the $.

Have any friends with GT5 to try it out before buying a new one?
 
Have you tried clearing the cache from the bottom of the options screen? One of the past updates recommended it.
 
No. I have no social friends at all.
As I've mentioned.ed before I've deleted data and reinstated multiple times. But ya, I've even tried clearing cache, deleting data installed.game.files from in the options menu too. Even tried 3 of my user accounts and one of.them even deleted.the save and started.over on that one. Lotus still hard crashes ps3. Dealership. Even lotus.cars too. UCD tried to view a lotus car and crash. Lol.
 
Have you tried it with the internet disabled or unplugged?
Maybe a odd network issue causing it.
 
No. Never even thought of that lol.

Edit. Unplugged Ethernet cable. Turn on ps3. Disable internet. Load gt5. Go to new dealership. Go to lotus. Problem. Car pics don't load. Thumbs ok as always but no spinning car. Doesn't ever say installing either. Now what happens is ps3 crashes when I do quit game, shut down or hit o to edit. Ps3 does nothing for a while then get 3 beeps. It then takes a while to either reboot on its own or mostly just shuts off.

This happens every time exactly this way since the update. I haven been in lotus for awhile before but it always worked till after the update.
 
Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has said this.

Is there any way that you can get hold of another copy of the game to see if its the disc? Can you rent one from a video shop or something? They can go iffy even though they have no visable damage.

The issues you are having sound like a disc problem to me.
 
A bit naughty but, you could buy it, switch it and return it saying that it doesn't work.

You have to know for sure that its the disc though or you'll have 2 copies.
 
has anyone lost their pit crews?? mine are gone! and the thumbnails in the profile section of the drivers and cars...
 
OP... FWIW, I would back up ALL of your game saves onto a flash drive for all games. Just in case something goes more awry, you'll at least be able to salvage SOME stuff...
 
Been wanting to ask. How do I back up drive and buy bigger drive then put stuff on it?

I also don't have any flash drives and no $ to get any. Would my Android phone work? Or external usb drive?
 
buggs1a
Been wanting to ask. How do I back up drive and buy bigger drive then put stuff on it?

I also don't have any flash drives and no $ to get any. Would my Android phone work? Or external usb drive?

External USB drive = flash drive. They are SOOO cheap now, and you only need a few MB for game saves.
 
Been wanting to ask. How do I back up drive and buy bigger drive then put stuff on it?

I also don't have any flash drives and no $ to get any. Would my Android phone work? Or external usb drive?

Your android phone will work fine.

If you want to swap HDDs on your system... its fairly easy, but I suggest you read up on it. I believe it voids some if not all of the warranty's? If you REALLY wanted to do it right, you could pop a solid state drive in there and your system should FLY!
 
Im guessing its because the gt update got installed before the ps update and seems getting the ps update afterwards doesnt fix it.
you will have to wait for an update im afraid.
only thing i can thing of maybe its one of your lotus cars causing the issue,try selling all lotus and see what happens,just make a copy of your save before you do that.
 
I get insert storage when wanting to back up even though my usb drive is connected.

Wait for update? What kind?
Yes gt update first then 365 because nothing said to update ps3.

I would buy a solid state drive but no idea how to backup to it.

By the way. Previously I've stated everything I've done. And I deleted my save on one of my 3 user accounts.

I get same issue with unpatched gt5. I deleted everything from ps3 except save. Re loaded game and did not update. Same issue. Wonder if anything is left behind or hidden and not deleted after deleting the 8gb + file from ps3.

This even with no lotus cars in my user account. Have 3 user accounts on ps3. Same issue with all, patched or unmatched. Installed game or not. Doesn't matter.

Everything was fine though before the gt update.

Edit. Backup up all saves I could onto my HTC Droid incredible phone. BUT, not all games worked. Killzone 2 game save won't backup. Doesn't show my phone as an option. Couple other game saves didn't work. Have plenty space too.

So now that gt5 save is backed up I wonder if I should bother anymore trying to see if game works.

Was thinking back up gt5 saves for my 3 user accounts. Then delete anything gt5 related from ps3. Then re try.
 
Last edited:
I would do just that... uninstall everything, and reinstall it after backing it up. Then start it fresh... load, save etc. And THEN apply your backup save game to it...

Let it be said though... I have no idea what I'm talking about.
 
Finished and same problem. Lotus dealer crashes ps3.
 
i had a similar problem in 1.09 with a car id bought, ft-86 g sports, it wouldnt appear on the screen, even in a race. id be looking at a moving empty road, although i could look inside the car, i couldnt see the outside of the car, eventually got frustrated and sold it
Totally would've kept that one.
 
I also have major crashes after the updates (installed PS3 update first, then 1.10), the problems I'm experiencing are mainly black screens at various times, the game completely freezes and after awhile it usually beeps 3 times and shuts off the ps3. Out of approximately 20 race attempts, I've completed 3 or 4.

This happens with online races as well, last crash was when I was trying to buy a fiat, bought it and it crashed while waiting for game to ask if I wanted to drive it. I still have the same problems after deleting the game data and reinstalling GT and messing around with the install files in the game options.

In a few races I've paused the race and none of the options to continue, restart, etc show up and it crashes, the game is pretty much unplayable for me.
:scared:
 
I also have major crashes after the updates (installed PS3 update first, then 1.10), the problems I'm experiencing are mainly black screens at various times, the game completely freezes and after awhile it usually beeps 3 times and shuts off the ps3. Out of approximately 20 race attempts, I've completed 3 or 4.

This happens with online races as well, last crash was when I was trying to buy a fiat, bought it and it crashed while waiting for game to ask if I wanted to drive it. I still have the same problems after deleting the game data and reinstalling GT and messing around with the install files in the game options.

In a few races I've paused the race and none of the options to continue, restart, etc show up and it crashes, the game is pretty much unplayable for me.
:scared:

That 3 beep thing may be your PS3 getting too hot actually. All of that sounds graphical, and I wonder if the rest of these significant errors are related.

Being that it also coincidentally got insanely hot across the US when that update popped. Theres no question that the newest update is more taxing on the system.

How is yous PS3 oriented? I'd suggest vertical if it isn't as it will cool itself MUCH more efficiently. Other than that, be sure that you're cooling your PS3 enough.
 
I think it is 3.65. I had 3.60 and 1.09 everything was perfect before psn went down. When psn came back I got 3.65 and I did some online racing a Saturday night everything was good, the Sunday I went online no problems, later in the afternoon I turn on the system then I notice the game started freezing at the gt5 opening screen. I disconected the enternet cable but still no improvements. I later deleted the gt5 install and tried reinstalling, then it said I need 32mb free space when I had 89 gb free. The good thing for me is I have up to 1.06 back but anything past that give the insufficient space error. I am stuck offline with 1.06, it takes longer than pre 3.65 to load but atleast I still get to play with all my cars and almost 15mil.
 
Back