major bug in 1.10

  • Thread starter Thread starter buggs1a
  • 73 comments
  • 10,169 views
I cannot start GT5 while signed into PSN, the game freezes and then I get an error that says it cannot connect to server and a code ID=2:2147459071, what does it mean??
The only way I can run GT5 is being logged out of PSN and therefore with no online features.
Anyone experiencing the same? Any solutions for this problem?
 
Would someone please tweet Kaz all this? I'm mightily teed that gt5 is now broken for me in some way.
Now its other car brands that crash ps3.
 
Last edited:
That 3 beep thing may be your PS3 getting too hot actually. All of that sounds graphical, and I wonder if the rest of these significant errors are related.

Being that it also coincidentally got insanely hot across the US when that update popped. Theres no question that the newest update is more taxing on the system.

How is yous PS3 oriented? I'd suggest vertical if it isn't as it will cool itself MUCH more efficiently. Other than that, be sure that you're cooling your PS3 enough.
Thanks for trying to help, my PS3 was horizontal, I cleaned it up and tried vertical and it makes no difference on a 70 degree day. I forgot to mention that I believe the 3 beep thing (turns off PS3) only happens after a freeze and when I hit the playstation button and attempt to quit the game.

I just won an A spec race crossed the finish line and the game does nothing after that, all of the cars are slowly going around the track, if I press the start button it pauses the game with no options. Only way out of this is to hit the playstation button.

This slim PS3 was new when GT5 was released, my old fat one died and wouldn't read discs anymore after trying to play the new GT5. I have read that some people have over-heating problems with L.A. Noire but I have no problems with that or any other game.
 
Backup all your save files(the ones that can be saved anyway). Delete your GT5 game data(not the save file). Try placing the PS3 in safe mode. Choose the "Rebuild data base" and "Restore system files" options(do both, one after the other) within the safe mode menu.

Then re-install the GT5 game data and see if the problem still persists.

The only issue I've encountered is the abysmally slower loading at times when connected to the PSN. But I've gotten use to it now.:)
 
Ddrizle
Backup all your save files(the ones that can be saved anyway). Delete your GT5 game data(not the save file). Try placing the PS3 in safe mode. Choose the "Rebuild data base" and "Restore system files" options(do both, one after the other) within the safe mode menu.

Then re-install the GT5 game data and see if the problem still persists.

The only issue I've encountered is the abysmally slower loading at times when connected to the PSN. But I've gotten use to it now.:)

Thanks everyone for the help.
I just got done with safe mode and same issue. Lotus crashes ps3. Can't go in lotus new dealership without crash.

I first did default settings in safe mode. Then game said wrong user cus I didn't log in psn. Safe mode again to restore file system. Then rebuild database which only took less then 2 minutes. Restore file system did say corrupted hard drive but that could be default standard message when doing this. Well same issue after all this.

Edit - Since I've backed up all saves that would let me I'm doing full format. I don't care much to loose some photos and some game saves. No biggy.
 
Backup all your save files(the ones that can be saved anyway). Delete your GT5 game data(not the save file). Try placing the PS3 in safe mode. Choose the "Rebuild data base" and "Restore system files" options(do both, one after the other) within the safe mode menu.

Then re-install the GT5 game data and see if the problem still persists.

The only issue I've encountered is the abysmally slower loading at times when connected to the PSN. But I've gotten use to it now.:)
Thank You!
It looks like things are OK now, I've successfully completed 4 races in a row and bought a Fiat.

:cheers:
 
After reformat same problem. Lotus crashes ps3.

Edit.
So what now? I wonder if its Sony broke the game or what. Even without updating gt5 at all it still has the same issue. 3.65 is the only constant cept my disc which is clean. Problem happened only after 1.10 update then 3.65 update, then problem.

Here's the steps.

Load gt5. Updated to 1.10.

Then read the news inside gt5. Said to update to 3.65 before 1.10. That's Effing stupid. How the hell is anyone gonna know that since ps3 didn't prompt to update?. Sheese goobers. Lol. Goober. Anyone know what a Goober is? Lol. First one that answers correctly ill buy them any car they want. Just reply to this and first one correct ill gift them any car.

Well then I updated to 3.65.

Then load gt5 again. Go to seasonal and see I need to buy the lotus car for one race.

Go into new dealership lotus. The spinning cars don't load. Hit o to exit. Nothing happens for a while. Quit game and nothing happens. Then ps3 shuts off and beeps 3 times.

Same issue ever since. Never had any issues before all this.

Garage thumbs are now missing on lots of cars. Never had this issue before either.

Delete game data and try. Safe mode and try. Don't install 1.10 update and don't install game data, same issue. Don't update to 1.10 but install game data. Same problem.

From xmb reformat ps3. Restore to factory reformat.

Same problem in gt5.lotus dealer crashes ps3. I even tried before reformat to but a non lotus car from the UCD and its spinning car wouldn't load and it crashed ps3. So its not just lotus dealership crashing ps3.

Ps3 firmware has been known to break games before making them have to release new ps3 firmware.

I seriously doubt my disc is the issue since I never had a problem before. I have wiped it clean too.

So now what can I do? Tell Sony their 3.65 broke gt5 for me and several others? Tell Kaz what's going on? I don't tweet.

Thanks guys. Heeeellllpppp. Lol.
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the help.
I just got done with safe mode and same issue. Lotus crashes ps3. Can't go in lotus new dealership without crash.

I first did default settings in safe mode. Then game said wrong user cus I didn't log in psn. Safe mode again to restore file system. Then rebuild database which only took less then 2 minutes. Restore file system did say corrupted hard drive but that could be default standard message when doing this. Well same issue after all this.

Edit - Since I've backed up all saves that would let me I'm doing full format. I don't care much to loose some photos and some game saves. No biggy.

Bolded the potentially important bit. You might want to follow this link and try the solutions pointed out.

It seems to me that you have a problem with your hard disk, not GT5.
 
Well as I said I've already done safe mode and lastly I formatted too.
 
Have you tried another disc yet, though? Blu Ray discs are far more fragile, in a way, than CDs or DVDs because the 'tracks' the data is stored in are far, far narrower (which is why they can store so much more data), so there may be damage you can't see.
 
No. I can't try another. I always say if something works then don't after an update its the update that did it.

Edit.
Bought gt5 new again today. Popped it in and lotus dealer loaded fine and I bought the lotus elise 96. So seems disc was bad but I'm glad the new one works.

Bought f1 2010 ps3 used too.
 
Last edited:
Back