Major League Baseball: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,618 comments
Got through my first RttS season.

AA 25-0 (including playoffs) 0.43 ERA and 214 Ks. My manager yelled at me twice though. Once for failing to meet two of my goals (it is apparently unacceptable to fail to get a HR and 2 walks over a goal period in which you never see an at bat), and the other time for accidentally getting caught stealing (yeah I wasn't paying attention).

Yeah, baserunning is such a pain in the ass when you're a slow-as-molasses 260 lb. pitcher with a windbreaker acting as a sail. If you don't get picked off you accidentally steal base and get thrown out. :lol:

As for Ozzie, well, he just protecting his player mang. That ball was fair by a pendejo.

Yeah, baserunning is such a pain in the ass when you're a slow-as-molasses 260 lb. pitcher with a windbreaker acting as a sail. If you don't get picked off you accidentally steal base and get thrown out. :lol:

As for Ozzie, well, he just protecting his player mang. That ball was fair by a pendejo.

Oh and then in my 2nd year I was pitching in my first start: I go 2 for 3 and pitch 8 with 10 Ks. Then I get a message from my manager saying I can no longer steal bases although I didn't even attempt to :odd:. Figures to get yelled at for no reason.

:lol: Sorry John.

stros.jpg

How can you tell when sports media writers have no clue about the Marlins?

When they call Mike Stanton Giancarlo Stanton.

How can you tell when sports media writers have no clue about the Marlins?

When they call Mike Stanton Giancarlo Stanton.

FOX Sports is the worst at names.. The screw up at least one name every broadcast. They like to call Pablo Sandoval, Pedro Sanchez or something along those lines... Chris Rose is the only slightly entertaining on Fox. We always get stuck with Eric Karros at least twice a year in Giant - Dodger games... That's always fun. :crazy:

Lets go Yanks. Yeah they signed andy to a minor league deal. Im into it. Prosthetic,your going to love Melky Caberea in the Bay. Ill sell you my Got Melk? shirt ha
A few predictions:
-Matt Cain will be out of the Bay by the trade deadline
-Byrce Harper will either have a DUI arrest,or a PED suspension by august
-Jose Reyes will play maybe 90 games

Anyone else see the hideous sculpture that the marlins put in CF? Apparently the hitters arent too fond of it

Last edited:
Melky is awesome, he is in really good shape. Our entire outfield (even out 4th outfielder) is basically 3 CFers with Melky and Schierholtz having cannons... I can't wait.

Why the hell would the Giants trade Cain mid-season? They will either let him walk to re-sign him. We can always sign another pitcher with all the money coming off the books over the next two years.

Prosthetic
Melky is awesome, he is in really good shape. Our entire outfield (even out 4th outfielder) is basically 3 CFers with Melky and Schierholtz having cannons... I can't wait.

Why the hell would the Giants trade Cain mid-season? They will either let him walk to re-sign him. We can always sign another pitcher with all the money coming off the books over the next two years.

Yeah your OF is beast. Think of the prospects though you could get for cain. At least 3 top tier studs,and then maybe one more who is like a year or two away

Yeah your OF is beast. Think of the prospects though you could get for cain. At least 3 top tier studs,and then maybe one more who is like a year or two away

I'll put it this way, with the way we have drafted the past 2 years, chances are we will have a offensive minded team in 3-4 years. If we can keep are core three pitchers through that, we have chances every year to go back into the WS. Are bullpen is amazing, we already have a Brian Wilson clone ready to take his place (Heath Hembree).. Outside of Posey, we have Sanchez, Susac and Joseph. Sanchez has been compared to Sandoval and Susac and Joseph are big strong power hitters and they are all strong defensively. One or two of these guys will likely be traded at some point. Plus there is Pill, Belt, Brown and Panik... We have yet to see Sandoval and Posey peak, and Schierholtz is finally getting playing time and showing that his power rep in the minors is no undeserverd. I'm so freakin' pumped for our future, all we have to do is keep our core three pitchers and hope Surkamp pans out.

The Rowand contract is done at the end of this year, so is Huffs, F Sanchez and Zito ends next year. That's a ton of money coming off the books.

Yeah, but he's Mike Stanton.

Not anymore! :lol: It still trips me out.

======

My RTTS player is a LF slugger. Hit a home run in his first game! RTTS is way better this year, no more starting out as a pinch hitter.

Matt Cain will be out of the Bay by the trade deadline

Nope.

Byrce Harper will either have a DUI arrest,or a PED suspension by august

Even bigger nope. He's still a teenager! They'll be watching him like a hawk.

Jose Reyes will play maybe 90 games
Now you're just being a hater.

True yeah ride out all the vets. And groom the youngsters. Ill have to do some research on humbree

*Hembree :sly:

He is a Brian Wilson clone. Throws hard with good control and will pound the crap out of the corners and will never give in and give you a fat pitch.

Thanks for the link. guy is nasty. He has a real nice fastball with late movement,really gets in on the righties hands

*Hembree :sly:

He is a Brian Wilson clone. Throws hard with good control and will pound the crap out of the corners and will never give in and give you a fat pitch.

Is that a 2 seamer or a sinking FB? Looks like a Shuuto. Crazy movement.

Also laughed out at "Hey, number 12, you suck!"

2 seam, you see how it starts off middle of plate and comes rushing in on the hands to right handers.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=16886149&c_id=mlb

After watching that video it reminds me how violently Wilson's 2 seamer moves.

Yeah, but it doesn't look like it drops at all. More like an NPB shuuto pitch.

I like that NY Times piece of Mariano's cutter. I think that's the best piece done on the pitch itself.

I wish they did more of these for other great pitchers.

Last edited:
Omnis
I like that NY Times piece of Mariano's cutter. I think that's the best piece done on the pitch itself.

When was this article?

When brandon webb was in cy young form a couple seasons back his sinker(2 seamer) was just devastating

Gah, really makes selig seem like a jerk. Fat Elvis does make some great points. Gotta give the dude some credit for being so candid,where as this day and age every athlete seems like a robot (minus NHL players).

Chipper Jones is calling it a career at the end of 2012. Extraordinary career both on and off the field. Hes the epitome of class and one of the best 3rd Baseman and one of the greatest switch hitters ever.

Fun fact, he has never OPS'd lower then 800 over a full season. EVER. He could probably become a DH and be good for another 4-5 years. But that would ruin it all.

He was also my favorite non-Giant when I was a kid. All about that name.. Chipper Jones.

Prosthetic
Chipper Jones is calling it a career at the end of 2012. Extraordinary career both on and off the field. Hes the epitome of class and one of the best 3rd Baseman and one of the greatest switch hitters ever.

Fun fact, he has never OPS'd lower then 800 over a full season. EVER. He could probably become a DH and be good for another 4-5 years. But that would ruin it all.

He was also my favorite non-Giant when I was a kid. All about that name.. Chipper Jones.

Agreed! Love that dude. I think its hilarious he named his kid Shea because he would kill it in that stadium,Mets fans hate him.

Question: hall of fame???

Back