Major League Baseball: 2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,997 comments
I have no idea why Marmol is still closing. Dude is a bum.

Trying to build any sort of trade value they could but he is obviously sabotaging that idea. People were calling for Fujikawa to be inserted as closer and he promptly gave up 3 runs in the 8th. He may end up being the man to go to but he probably needs some time to adapt first. Possibly Camp/Russell platoon for the closers role going forward?

K'ed 60 times this season so far- the most a team has struck out this season. The Astros are going to be sorriest team this season. The Opening Day 8-2 win almost seems like we were GIVEN that win just to give us a sense of security and promise for 2013. Since then, we've been slapped around by Texas (typical) and on pace to lose our Athletics series in a sweep unless these Astros *man up* and play some winning baseball.

The Sunday Night feature tonight will be the Patrick's Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim taking on the Texas Rangers in Arlington. Offense guaranteed for this series.

K'ed 60 times this season so far- the most a team has struck out this season. The Astros are going to be sorriest team this season. The Opening Day 8-2 win almost seems like we were GIVEN that win just to give us a sense of security and promise for 2013. Since then, we've been slapped around by Texas (typical) and on pace to lose our Athletics series in a sweep unless these Astros *man up* and play some winning baseball.

The Sunday Night feature tonight will be the Patrick's Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim taking on the Texas Rangers in Arlington. Offense guaranteed for this series.

Well I think Miami will be pretty hot contenders for the sorriest team in baseball as well considering they've traded away most of their major league talent. It's still early though, our guys in Toronto look like they're still getting used to playing with each other; getting badly beaten by Boston now for example, down by 11 runs in the 8th.

8-3 loss on Friday, 6-3 loss on Saturday, and a 9-3 loss today. We get swept by AL West rival Oakland. Yet to win a series and on a five-game losing streak. The woes continue on this young season...

4-0 loss on Friday, 6-0 loss on Saturday, finally the bats came to life on Sunday, 13-0 Tribe. We lost the series to Tampa, and overall are now sitting at 3-3 in this young season. Tomorrow afternoon we have our home opener, a 3 game set with the Yankees.

Go Tribe.

The Astros will embark on their first road series starting tonight. We're in Seattle to take on the Mariners at Safeco Field. I just wonder when these guys will really wake up and start winning- rookie talent and $25M payroll and all.

Enough of my whining... what's up with your team(s) so far?

Boston in first place, the Blue Jays in last. That situation will be reversed, sooner rather than later, I'm sure.

Meanwhile the Phillies are 2-4 so far. Yeah it's early, don't mean nothing yet. Just like I was saying last year, right up until the All-Star break. The Mets are in town, let's see how that goes.

After putting up a 9 spot on the Cards in the 9th tonight, I'm quite pleased with the Reds. Won the first two series, and hopefully another series win against our rivals. We've clearly shown that the offense can produce. Still not happy about all the strikeouts, though. Still, the only 2 losses so far have been by 1 and 2 in extra inning games.

The Tribes home opener did not go to well today :indiff:. The Yanks come to town and hand us an 11-6 loss.

Don't worry John, just be glad that you'll have Mark Appel to anchor the rotation in 2 or 3 years!

Stuck on one win. Our latest fail was 3-0 at Seattle. That makes us... 1-6. Do the 1899 Cleveland Spiders feel threatened that the 2013 Houston Astros will break the record for fewest wins in a season? Hell, even the 1899 Cleveland Spiders could beat (or even sweep) my 2013 Astros the way we're continually failing...

Yay, us.

The Phillies bullpen isn't getting the job done. Of 13 baserunners inherited so far this admittedly very young season, the bullpen has allowed 12 of them to score.

Finally going to go to Target Field next Tuesday as I got some tickets from work.:D Plus they aren't as abysmal as I thought they would be either so it may be interesting.

I did get some last year but it was 100 outside and I was in a bad mood so I didn't go.

Scumbag Loria and Fascist Samson:

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2013/04/lifelong_marlins_fans_tossed_f.php

QCc1fkd.jpg
tcr5Ssl.jpg

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the "lifelong Marlins fan" part, didn't know there was such a thing.:lol:

It's rather pathetic though, could you imagine if every fan that ever showed up with a bag on their head got ejected.:scared:

What happened in Cleveland tonight was just a plain old fashioned ass whipping ... handed out by the Yankees, 14-1. :ouch: and more :ouch:. Hopefully we can save face and win something here out of this set. This weekend, the ChiSox come to town. Hoping for something good to transpire with them ..... hoping. :nervous: The season is so young, but already seems so long. It's hard to be a Tribe fan at times :lol:.

What happened in Cleveland tonight was just a plain old fashioned ass whipping ... handed out by the Yankees, 14-1. :ouch: and more :ouch:. Hopefully we can save face and win something here out of this set. This weekend, the ChiSox come to town. Hoping for something good to transpire with them ..... hoping. :nervous: The season is so young, but already seems so long. It's hard to be a Tribe fan at times :lol:.

Hello Carrasco.... goodbye Carrasco. Did he think he'd get away with that?

ONE IN A ROW! The Astros were leading handily in this game. Seattle led a late comeback, but we ended up winning 16-9 in Seattle. Where was this offense for the Astros? Rubber game later tonight (it's Wednesday here in Houston as of this post).

I found out this game is part of a 9-game road trip for the Astros. After at Seattle, the trip goes to a 3-game set at the L.A. Angels of Anaheim over the weekend, and then at the Oakland Athletics for three games.

But... one in a row!

Back