Major League Baseball: 2013 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 1,997 comments
And didn't he just serve a 6 game suspension for that from last year?

He did it in August 2011, but was promptly injured and required Tommy John surgery so MLB didn't invoke the suspension until this year. Apparently all of that time off did wonders on his temper as he chose to get himself tossed again. He may be facing a huge suspension now for not knowing how to be thinking.

How the park looks when they don't give out free tickets:

marlinsgame2.jpg

It was a promotion due to the 17 inning game we had the other night.

When I go, I usually get the $20 deal with a seat, hot dog, and a drink. You're limited to where you can sit, but usually anywhere in either outfield is best. 👍

Edit: Pollock is kicking ass today. 3 for 3 with an RBI double, 2-run HR, and a single HR. :eek:

Last edited:
Maybe a moral victory for the Tribe tonight ... game was postponed due to rain. Could not stand to hear or watch another shellacking handed out by the Yanks.

The Tigers seriously need to sort out their bullpen. The starters are good and the closers aren't bad, but the middle guys need some work.

Jays starting rotation really need to pick it up though, we've had a slow start. The pitching staff can't rely on offensive production to win every single game regardless of how strong the lineup is, they are gonna have to actually help at some point.

Reds got manhandled by the Cards today. Glad I missed it. Stinks to win the first game, but still lose the series. Can't stand the Cards. :mad:

Wow. I never posted on the MLB threads before. I just wanna say I've been really impressed with the Nationals this season and the season before. It's been great seeing them do so well.

We won our first series! It was an 8-3 Houston Astros victory at the Seattle Mariners. This is also our first series win against an AL opponent as a member of the American League. Equally special is a series win over a division opponent. The Astros have their first winning streak as well. Here is a rundown of this Astros at Mariners series:

* Astros lost 3-0 on Monday.
* Astros led by a huge margin, ended up winning 16-9 on Tuesday.
* Astros win series with an 8-3 victory over Seattle.

Happy time right now. We're off Thursday to get ready to be at the Angels for a three-game weekend series. I'm expecting my Astros to either get swept or lose this series.

Congratulations to everyone else who won on Wednesday.

I'm sorry, but I don't call winning two games a winning streak. Call me when they win one more.
:indiff:

Anyways, it's obviously very early but how bad does Carl Crawford's albatross of a contract look now? After leading off the first inning with a home run, he followed up with a leadoff triple in the 5th and two walks. He's now leading the National League in batting average and on-base percentage.

Adrian Gonzalez is also off to a hot start, batting just under .400.

EDIT: Quick note on Crawford's Petco Park opposite-field home run: it was hit over one of the fences which was not brought in over the off season.

Last edited:
Another moral victory for the Tribe ... postponed again. Here come the ChiSox this weekend.

Carlos Quentin should get suspended for the season and have to pay Greinke's salary. I can't even believe this.

Carlos Quentin should get suspended for the season and have to pay Greinke's salary. I can't even believe this.

I would hate to see Greinke in a pit if he is that fragile. Fights happen and Greinke throwing down the glove invited it to happen.

I also would like to point out on the whole Hunter Pence sun glass ordeal, that stuff happens all the time. The shadows covering home plate make it difficult to see the pitches. You don't get a good jump when you can't see the pitch or swing and the first step makes all the difference in the world.

Well, 5 starts is ~1 month. Not the end of the world for the dodgers. Besides, Zac is not blameless in this.

Well, 5 starts is ~1 month. Not the end of the world for the dodgers. Besides, Zac is not blameless in this.

Not all HBP are intentional. I don't blame Greinke for this at all. Quentin just decided to snap.

I agree. MLB should take into account their past history. Heck, even in 2009, according to Yahoo Sports, Quentin wanted to charge the mound after a Greinke HBP. If he had time to stew about it, and six years was plenty of time to think about it, then a more aggressive penalty should be taken against Quentin for injuring Greinke.

Back