Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real question is what the world will see first, Zahara de la Sierra or Malaysian Flight 370?... anyone got a coin?

Have we sunk this low as a community that we use a tragedy that cost lives to criticize PD?
That was a pretty bad comparison. That is a real life tragedy, this is a video game.

I thought the comparison was pretty great.
Even if you assume that a person who doesn't care will likely do such comparisons, you cannot conclude that someone who made such comparisons is someone who doesn't care.

Also it does not matter if people died or not, because the object of comparison are not their deaths or disappearance, but the fact that an entire commercial plane vanished in present times and we are unable to find it.

Yes but the difference is that event is something that matters greatly to the lives of people. This, at the end of the day, is a videogame for entertainment. Comparing a lack of a track in a video game to a missing plane is pretty crass.
... it is sad that such a comment received as many likes in agreement.

I don't agree with you.

[This will be my last answer regarding this off-topic issue. You are entitled to have an opinion which I respect but completely disagree].

You are missing the goal of the comparison and taking things that doesn't matter into account.

If I say that the flag of my country has the same color of blood of murdered babies it isn't less crass than saying it is red. The point is not the murdering, but the color being the same. What I've said compares the color not anything else. "Oh that is crass because murdering babies" doesn't hold. Blood is still red and the flag of my country is indeed red.

The plane is still missing and the track too. That's the comparison. It takes into account the unexpected missing things and compares both situations in regarding to this. The context of both is irrelevant because it is not being used by the comparison.

Do this test to the plane/game comparison:

Hypothesis 1 -> Persons killed + plane not missing = comparison doesn't hold
Hypothesis 2 -> No persons killed/missing + plane missing = comparison still holds

It's easy to prove that it's the unexpected missing aspect that is being compared and the rest is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if the context of one subject is frivolous/disgusting and the other totally relevant.

Also this:
Even if you assume that a person who doesn't care will likely do such comparisons, you cannot conclude that someone who made such comparisons is someone who doesn't care.

"It's sad that many people compare the numerals 10 (2 in binary) and II, because the roman empire had slaves. Such a crass comparison."

Edit: word

Oh, boy...
worms.jpg

Have we sunk this low as a community that we use a tragedy that cost lives to criticize PD?
That was a pretty bad comparison. That is a real life tragedy, this is a video game.

Yal need to chill out, @GT_Racer22 is right :lol:

But it is sad that such a comment received as many likes in agreement.

That's because everybody else recognized it as a joke :dunce:

:lol: Lol, so anyways, Zahara!
Im starting to think PD meant February 2015, because they couldn't be this late... right? Unless they had a major issue, as everyone does sometimes, I made this yesterday. And I am highly disappointed in myself for it. Clearly, something went wrong. Although the other 3 turned out alright... but Im still thinking about cancelling the other 16 episodes because this one is so bad, i didn't even add sound because it would've been a waste of a sound clip.

GT Academy tracks
============

2008 Eiger Norwand
2010 Indianapolis
2011 Eiffel (course maker)
2012 Twin Ring Motegi
2013 Silverstone
2014 Zahara de la Sierra???

These were the tracks used in previous GT Academy editions, all of them were new tracks in Gran Turismo, that's why I think "Zahara de la Sierra" will be the next one for GT Academy 2014.

Its way too big... obviously they wont do a hotlap test on a 27 km track. :boggled:
Yep, it's very long, it doesn't mean they couldn't select it though, back in 2005, in the pre-GT Academy era there was a challenge in many countries where the prize was a real 350Z, of course Nissan was involved but I don't know if PD was, in Spain the challenge was hosted by "Marca Motor", the challenge consisted in nothing more and nothing less than a hot lap at Nürburgring Nordschleife.

Eiger and Eiffel are not real tracks, and Motegi was in GT4 and GTPSP.
I was referring that they were new, I said nothing if they were real or not which it's absolutely irrelevant when bearing in mind the history of the GT Academy tracks, you're right about Motegi though.

Of course I'm just guessing and I can be absolutely wrong.

Its way too big... obviously they wont do a hotlap test on a 27 km track. :boggled:
That doesn't mean they can... Anyway, I think they will use sections of it for most of the competition and then use the entire track for the last test.

Based on what we've seen of it, it doesn't seem like the sort of track to suit the competition.

If we see any new to GT6 track in the event I think Seattle is probably most likely.

Based on what we've seen of it, it doesn't seem like the sort of track to suit the competition.

If we see any new to GT6 track in the event I think Seattle is probably most likely.
You realize people will now be posting in other threads, "Can't remember where I saw it but Seattle is confirmed in the next update" right?:lol:

I hope they are still checking Zahara for bugs/glitches. Nurburgring had HUNDREDS (and continues having...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back