Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went back to GT5 to notice that the Toscana tarmac course in the Grand Tour special challenge (where you drive the Lamborghini Mucrielago), is said to be modeled after a real rural road in Toscana. If this is true, perhaps the 27.5 km course is actually a course maker creation based on a real road in Zahara, of which I believe is a point to point track, and perhaps GT6 will see a new Grand Tour starring Spain as the new destination.

Today I went back to GT5 to notice that the Toscana tarmac course in the Grand Tour special challenge (where you drive the Lamborghini Mucrielago), is said to be modeled after a real rural road in Toscana. If this is true, perhaps the 27.5 km course is actually a course maker creation based on a real road in Zahara, of which I believe is a point to point track, and perhaps GT6 will see a new Grand Tour starring Spain as the new destination.

That Gran Turismo special event sign-posted so many interesting things for the series, in my opinion. Can't wait to see them begin to deliver on that. "The world is your track".

Yamauchi indeed has good taste for choosing beautiful landmarks.
Besides the new spanish places, the swiss alps tracks, and the italian places are very nice too, including the GT4 tracks like Citta di Aria and Costa di Amalfi.

Don't forget about the Japan course that went out over the water and had a bridged cross section (I forgot the name) and El Capitan!

Don't forget about the Japan course that went out over the water and had a bridged cross section (I forgot the name) and El Capitan!
You mean Midfield Raceway? I dont remember any water in there.

I think Kaz noticed the windmills from the distance and thought it would make the circuit have better attraction with it.

I would love that so much

After a quick Google search, I realized the track I was speaking of is actually based in China..., not Japan.
It's the "Hong Kong" track.

Footage of the track starts @ 0:34

Oh yes, I remember it, good track and scenery.

I expected a Grand Tour originally when so many Spanish places were showing up, I think it must have been the original plan for release.

I'm curious as to whether this will actually be considered "on-time" February DLC, released mid-month, or if we'll be waiting until the last 2-3 days like with the X1/Vettel Challenge.

PD claimed a "quantum-leap", I'll be holding them to it :lol:

I'm curious as to whether this will actually be considered "on-time" February DLC, released mid-month, or if we'll be waiting until the last 2-3 days like with the X1/Vettel Challenge.

PD claimed a "quantum-leap", I'll be holding them to it :lol:

tcIn79p.jpg

true story

i have really seen enough spain. Its nice PD take the time to go to these places and make these locations for the game but they have some serious gold in their own back yard. How have they not mapped a japanese mountain road?

It is surprising. I mean I might speak for everyone when I say we were getting a bit tired of the Japaness bias, but I was thinking the other day too how its funny how much Spain they've added. Ascari, Syracuse, Ronda (which will also be a track designer location), and now Zahara. It's like Kaz had a really good trip to Spain at some point, lol. I'd like to personally invite him to the American mid west. He can stay at my house if it means he'll add my home track (Belle Isle). But yeah, I would be okay with some Japanese mountains and adding like one more super-gt track. My problem was mostly their car adding. With tacks like this though, when you're on track it doesn't really matter the location, so winding country roads should be fun, as long as they don't miss the chance to run through the narrow city streets of the area too.

hey I totally want more non-japanese cars too. Though there are alot of classic japanese cars missing.

hey I totally want more non-japanese cars too. Though there are alot of classic japanese cars missing.
There are, but even more so classics from Europe. The most prized cars in the world seem to be the vintage Europeans of the 50's and 60's (and in my opinion the best looking). You could easily fill a phone book page with the Europeans missing, but yeah, they're problem was mostly overdoing it with every Japanese car every sold since 1990, lol.

I like how you mention Syracuse as a Spanish location, while it's actually in Sicily, Italy, but southern Italy was once a Spanish territory, despite Ancient Greece's influence in that specific area.

I imagine Grand Tour 2 to resume where you left off in Rome, go down to Sicily, then set off to southern Spain by boat for your wonderful road trip.

I like how you mention Syracuse as a Spanish location, while it's actually in Sicily, Italy, but southern Italy was once a Spanish territory, despite Ancient Greece's influence in that specific area.

I imagine Grand Tour 2 to resume where you left off in Rome, go down to Sicily, then set off to southern Spain by boat for your wonderful road trip.
Oop, got crossed up on Syracuse there, but for the trip I just meant Ascari, Ronda, and Zahara, I know those areas aren't too far a part.

Edit: Gemasolar, that's in Spain. Must have confused them.

Last edited:
We need some Japanese cars that are only available in certain countries (mainly USA) like the Nissan Sentra (aka Sunny) Nissan 200SX (95-98 FWD version, aka Lucino), Mazdaspeed Protege, Toyota Corolla XRS, Mitsubishi Eclipse (AWD Turbo versions), etc etc. I could go on...

We need some Japanese cars that are only available in certain countries (mainly USA) like the Nissan Sentra (aka Sunny) Nissan 200SX (95-98 FWD version, aka Lucino), Mazdaspeed Protege, Toyota Corolla XRS, Mitsubishi Eclipse (AWD Turbo versions), etc etc. I could go on...
OH no no no no no, I strongly disagree on the Sunny, famous for being the most bland and forgettable car ever. It's even worse than the Prius, at least its hybridization gives us something to hate. With the Sunny there is NOTHING, is just dull crap, definitely don't need that car.

And I definitely wouldn't call any of those cars classic, they gotta be at least 30 years old to be considered. But anyways, this thread is starting to turn into a wishlist, so I digress.

OH no no no no no, I strongly disagree on the Sunny, famous for being the most bland and forgettable car ever. It's even worse than the Prius, at least its hybridization gives us something to hate. With the Sunny there is NOTHING, is just dull crap, definitely don't need that car.

And I definitely wouldn't call any of those cars classic, they gotta be at least 30 years old to be considered. But anyways, this thread is starting to turn into a wishlist, so I digress.
Sentra SE-R is an awesome car. quick and good looking. And apologies for further derailment.

That's right, Siracusa is located in Sicily, that is also the home place of legendary Targa Florio, wich I hope to see one day in Gran Turismo:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/piccolo-circuito-delle-madonie-targa-florio.298190/

The presence of Spain in GT6 is:

Tracks (2-3/39-40):

- Circuito de Madrid
- Ascari Race Resort
- *Zahara de la Sierra

Theme for the unreleased course maker (1/1?):

- Andalusia

Scenarios for photo mode (3/5):

- Ronda
- Gemasolar
- Valencia (City of Arts and Sciences)

*Zahara is probably just an example of the "infinite" tracks that can be generated in the course maker.

Sentra SE-R is an awesome car. quick and good looking. And apologies for further derailment.
This. And some non SE-R models are ok too, like the 1999 SE-L and the '00-01 Sentra SE.

Even then, any Sentra couldn't be worse than those stupid micro cars we have now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back