Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the Seattle track. I think it was back in GT3 when they had the 150 mile endurance race, that was the only endurance race that I ran and re-ran over and over.

I really would like this new Zahara track though. Having been advertised for release in Feb, I have been hanging out for it now.

I like Seattle too, but I'm wondering if PD might be throwing the Senna fans some cookies by offering some South American tracks like Interlagos.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that getting all of that 20x20 mile terrain to fit properly into that PS3 ram is giving the team fits, so I expect it after July.

I like Seattle too, but I'm wondering if PD might be throwing the Senna fans some cookies by offering some South American tracks like Interlagos.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that getting all of that 20x20 mile terrain to fit properly into that PS3 ram is giving the team fits, so I expect it after July.
20x20 miles? I think it's been downsized since then, think 10x10 kilometres.

I hope though that their initial grand plan of 100x100 is what they'll go with for a PS4 track editor. If they do, I'll go bananas in a positive way.

Last edited:
20x20 miles? I think it's been downsized since then, thing 10x10 kilometres.

I hope though that their initial grand plan of 100x100 is what they'll go with for a PS4 track editor. If they do, I'll go bananas in a positive way.
I'm hoping that as the course maker was delayed, they are once again trying for 100x100. This could also explain why it's taking so long.

I'm hoping that as the course maker was delayed, they are once again trying for 100x100. This could also explain why it's taking so long.

Kaz: Going by the latest info I’m getting from our development staff, it might end up being closer to 20×20

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-tamir-moscovici-interview-jff-2013/

Seriously, how many tracks would people want to make that even cover more than 5×5 miles? I know you could do some cool stuff with a bigger size, but I think 5×5 would keep the majority happy, especially if it meant we got it sooner, or at all! Then just crank up the area in GT7.

edit: It's the editor functions that I think are more important than the actual square area.

Seriously, how many tracks would people want to make that even cover more than 5×5 miles? I know you could do some cool stuff with a bigger size, but I think 5×5 would keep the majority happy, especially if it meant we got it sooner, or at all! Then just crank up the area in GT7.

edit: It's the editor functions that I think are more important than the actual square area.

On the other hand, if that scenery is varied enough across its size, you could have sub-themes within the theme, for example. Obviously Zahara (if it is a course maker location, which I personally think it is) is a real location, but the point holds, in theory.

Some people might just want the feeling of driving for miles and not seeing a repetition. Even a 40 mile circuit suffers from that eventually, if the Piccolo Madonie is anything to go by.

...how many tracks would people want to make that even cover more than 5×5 miles?...

Variety. The tracks don't have to be 5x5 they could be much shorter, or longer by choice. If the scenery changes throughout the area, people can choose different types of races that suit their likings. Long, sweeping, and curvacious? Tight & technical? Varying elevation changes? Or level? The choices would be yours to make and incorporate.

I was personally hoping for a much newer and improved track editor that allows one to draw out their tracks along a particular terrain, or map out courses using surrounding preset roadways. With something like this, you'd be able to drive around freely and map out your courses on the fly. And what would be even better, is if it allowed for a "free-roam" of sorts online to just cruise the area with friends. When in track mode, alternate routes would be cut out the way they are for GT6's original circuits, and when in free-roam mode the barriers are removed. (Come to think of it, they should actually consider making this available with GT6's current list of tracks that have multiple layouts).

With something like this, via updates we could receive multiple "free-roam" locations to download via updates/DLC and we'd be able to take these locations and make tracks out of them. It would in theory work the way Midnight Club Los Angelas, Test Drive Unlimited 2, and Grand Theft Auto V's race editor works and would be amazing in a Gran Turismo game.

That statement was made fairly long ago. They had also initially planned to release it with the game, but then mentioned it would be released shortly after the game was. Considering that it is now LONG after GT6 was released and PD's current 'silent ninja update' technique, there may yet be hope for a fully realized track editor they way Kaz initally set out to achieve.

👍 Here's to hoping it turns out that way...👍

Last edited:
He must have a really grand plan considering no one knows about it yet. The amount of time put into this just makes it seem more so. All abooaaard the hype train

Variety. The tracks don't have to be 5x5 they could be much shorter, or longer by choice. If the scenery changes throughout the area, people can choose different types of races that suit their likings. Long, sweeping, and curvacious? Tight & technical? Varying elevation changes? Or level? The choices would be yours to make and incorporate.

I appreciate this, and yes bigger does give more options, but probably 400 or so REAL world tracks exist that would fit in 5×5 miles, my point is that not being bigger shouldn't really be a deal-breaker for anyone. If you're playing GT it means you are happy racing circuits, and even a small area could give rise to a lot of options for most people. I would take 5×5 now, vs 100×100 in 18 months time, because in 95% of cases it's enough for me, and I suspect for most GT players also. This does assume they give you a couple of different environments to work with again - and without the woeful hilltop castle generator included this time :D

I appreciate this, and yes bigger does give more options, but probably 400 or so REAL world tracks exist that would fit in 5×5 miles, my point is that not being bigger shouldn't really be a deal-breaker for anyone. If you're playing GT it means you are happy racing circuits, and even a small area could give rise to a lot of options for most people. I would take 5×5 now, vs 100×100 in 18 months time, because in 95% of cases it's enough for me, and I suspect for most GT players also. This does assume they give you a couple of different environments to work with again - and without the woeful hilltop castle generator included this time :D
That's just it, that aspect of the course maker is not really about small circuits - there are better ways to serve that purpose; and it's a leap to suggest that nobody would appreciate anything different.

I'd love to be able to drive beyond Willow Springs' cordon in a trophy truck, for instance. That's perhaps a bit extreme, but it is perfectly within the spirit of the original motivation for (and execution of) modern-day GT racing.

If that's what holding it up is the sheer size and making it work with PS3 then hell yeah, bring on the 5x5!! Even just making a track around the perimeter would be 20 km and with a little imagination 30-40 kms. You can fit 16-5x5's into the proposed 20x20km area. Just get the damn thing into the game, let us start playing with it to see how it works and save the bigger areas for future DLC:cheers:

What is REALLY needed for the GT6 Course Maker is ability to make point-to-point stages.

Why?

I'm not saying it would be a bad thing, but how will point to point help more than actually being able to put corners and gradients where you want them? Without more features it will just be random crapness with the start and finish lines in different places, as opposed to them being in the same place!

Why?

I'm not saying it would be a bad thing, but how will point to point help more than actually being able to put corners and gradients where you want them? Without more features it will just be random crapness with the start and finish lines in different places, as opposed to them being in the same place!
Point to point is trivial to add, it was already in GT5. The other improvements should not impinge on that possibility, and those improvements would benefit both types of "creation" equally.

What's significant is that point-to-points do feel different to circuits. I have no idea why, but they've always been my favourite scenarios in car games. Once again, this about going beyond the arbitrarily and needlessly narrowly constrained expectations of typical "simmers". :)

If point to point becomes available I hope there's enough control over it to make some drag tracks. In the absence of a real drag track, a point to point 1/4 mile layout would be the next best thing assuming you could line up side by side on the grid and not staggered.

With Time Trials it could work (is Goodwood useable online?)
I'd like to see Time Trial become an official mode with point to point layouts. Everyone enters the track, host hits "Start Race" and the game queues everyone up and you start in 5 or 10 second intervals. Every other car becomes a ghost if you catch them so as to not interfere with your run or at least that's an option. A real time running time differential and ranking would be a nice touch as well. I think it would be exciting as heck, especially on randomly generated, point to point tracks.

I'd like to see Time Trial become an official mode with point to point layouts. Everyone enters the track, host hits "Start Race" and the game queues everyone up and you start in 5 or 10 second intervals. Every other car becomes a ghost if you catch them so as to not interfere with your run or at least that's an option. A real time running time differential and ranking would be a nice touch as well. I think it would be exciting as heck, especially on randomly generated, point to point tracks.
Basically how it's done in Dirt 2 and 3. Had some good fun online there.

Just hearing about the Course Maker brings me to tears that's it's not out yet GAAAHAhahaaaa!
t2301.gif

Damn you Kaz... :(

IMO, there's really no point in having point to point races unless you can use them online. I mean, with the crappy AI, you wouldn't want to race against them.

Oh, my mistake. Anyway, 20x20 is huuuuuuuuuuuge, even 10x10 is more then enough to fit the Nurburgring.
Again, according to Kaz:lol::

That is still very large [20x20]- the Nurburgring is about 5×5 kilometers in the game, so it is quite a lot of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back