Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has me worried about the track's high-PP drivability.

OGRvY9U.jpg

Downforce and suspension setup will likely be the biggest offenders here. However, I believe it's on a straightaway, or it wouldn't be advertised as such in an official video, and if this is a course maker location, then it can likely be avoided completely...

Then there's also the option to treat the hill how you'd treat any sudden elevation drop in real life and slow your 🤬 down beforehand...

Just sayin'...

Does anyone remember for previous new content (cars in GT6, DLC packs in GT5) how far up front they were announced on the official GT website?

The fact that it was only announced in this interview that we'd be getting a new track in February, but nothing about this has appeared on the website yet (and we're almost in the last week of February...), makes me feel like we're not getting anything this month...

PD, please prove me wrong :)

I instantly had the same concern when I saw the video the first time.

I personally don't mind it if it's an actual representation of the road in real life. It bugs me more that they implement such fantasies in tracks they design themselves, like Eiger Short or Cape Ring.

I think this track should of been in the game from the beginning. They could of used it as marketing vehicle to promote the game and increase sales which was desperately needed. Trying to program a track this big after the fact could make for alot of glitches and bugs also I believe. I think they might of missed the boat on this 1...

"classicrockking, post: 9371482, member: 175561"]I think this track should of been in the game from the beginning. They could of used it as marketing vehicle to promote the game and increase sales which was desperately needed. Trying to program a track this big after the fact could make for alot of glitches and bugs also I believe. I think they might of missed the boat on this 1...
Probably wasn't done by then.

I personally don't mind it if it's an actual representation of the road in real life. It bugs me more that they implement such fantasies in tracks they design themselves, like Eiger Short or Cape Ring.
I'd agree with that, the second thing I thought was just like, "oh well it'll probably be more authentic for historic races", like Targa Florio type deal. That's why I hope this track isn't just the freeways around the lake, but ducking off into the narrow roads of some of the about 5 cities on the freeway. I would be disappointed and not to happy about the jump if we end up with just flowing roads with few actual braking points. I kind of hope its not a point-to-point as well, but if they do it right and the jump is used in the right context I think it could be okay.

Maybe PD will add fictional roads around the lake like they did on the slopes of Eiger and elsewhere in the alps. I'm not sure I like what I'm seeing though. The trailer reminds me of El Capitan, which I always found a little too NFS-esque.

Last edited:
:lol: Seriously though, come on PD. I did some grinding and I bought a Lamborghini Miura and I painted it a redish-orange color like I've seen 'em so that I could have a cool new car to drive on the new track. Winding European roads, classic European sports car, PERFECT. But this is my car for Zahara. that's where I was going to get my first drive in it. I haven't drove it yet and I really want to, come on PD!!!

There must be a reason this whole Zahara thing has fallen, flat on its face, into an abyss of nothingness. I mean, it looked pretty well done in that trailer, and PD wouldn't just model a track, tease it to pieces, and then just forget about it, sillies! ;P

...right?
Let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time, buuut... I still think it's coming. Soon˜, if you want a timeframe.

There must be a reason this whole Zahara thing has fallen, flat on its face, into an abyss of nothingness. I mean, it looked pretty well done in that trailer, and PD wouldn't just model a track, tease it to pieces, and then just forget about it, sillies! ;P

...right?
Let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time, buuut... I still think it's coming. Soon˜, if you want a timeframe.
PD have a long history of showing things in trailers and then not releasing them for years or ever.

I'd agree with that, the second thing I thought was just like, "oh well it'll probably be more authentic for historic races", like Targa Florio type deal. That's why I hope this track isn't just the freeways around the lake, but ducking off into the narrow roads of some of the about 5 cities on the freeway. I would be disappointed and not to happy about the jump if we end up with just flowing roads with few actual braking points. I kind of hope its not a point-to-point as well, but if they do it right and the jump is used in the right context I think it could be okay.
What's wrong with point to point roads being included in GT?

Zahara's a big track, with lots of water and 3D trees, and reasonable dynamic lighting.

I wonder what the chances are that this is acrually a GT6/GT7 PS4 mash-up, and actually we won't see it on the PS3 at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back