March 2023 update prediction thread

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 149 comments
I’m not excited at all about SF23 cars being in the game. I will find it to be disappointing and kind of a waste if they give us SF23 but no events for them aside from maybe a daily race or time trial.
SF23 will likely come in very close to, if not slightly above, 1,000pp and cost at minimum 1M Cr. which is really expensive given it has little to no practical use in single player mode, unless you want to spend more credit on it to cut power by over 50%, add weight and/or run the worst tires possible to meet restrictions for the higher PP restricted events, which the SF still blows everything away in. Or you want to waste a lot of credit buying multiple for a Custom Race.
Sure, you can take them into events where PP is merely suggested and isn’t a restriction, but that’s no fun because the AI in those and are nowhere even close to competing with SF even for a newbie on Hard difficulty.

I’m not excited at all about SF23 cars being in the game. I will find it to be disappointing and kind of a waste if they give us SF23 but no events for them aside from maybe a daily race or time trial.
SF23 will likely come in very close to, if not slightly above, 1,000pp and cost at minimum 1M Cr. which is really expensive given it has little to no practical use in single player mode, unless you want to spend more credit on it to cut power by over 50%, add weight and/or run the worst tires possible to meet restrictions for the higher PP restricted events, which the SF still blows everything away in. Or you want to waste a lot of credit buying multiple for a Custom Race.
Sure, you can take them into events where PP is merely suggested and isn’t a restriction, but that’s no fun because the AI in those and are nowhere even close to competing with SF even for a newbie on Hard difficulty.
The car hasn't even been added to the game, how do you know that they wouldn't give us events for them? So much speculation.

They gave us events for the Silvias, Historic Sports, and Neo-Classical cars along with updates that included such cars.

The car hasn't even been added to the game, how do you know that they wouldn't give us events for them? So much speculation.
I never claimed to know they wouldn’t give us events for them. I don’t know if they will or won’t give us events for them, which is why I clearly stated I would be disappointed if they gave us the SF23 but didn’t give us events for it. It’s right there in my second sentence.

Based on the SF19 being around 975-980pp and costing 1M Cr. I’d say it’s a safe bet to assume the new SF23 will be very close to or maybe even above 1,000pp and cost at least 1M credits. I don’t see it being less PP or costing less than the SF19, but who knows, it’s PD and a lot of what they do doesn’t really add up to make any sense as far as PP and cost goes.

If it's Sugo, people new to this circuit are going to hate it. The tight turns at the start of the lap, with that blind chicane of curbs before the two right-handers.

If it's Motegi mobility resort, people new to this circuit are going to hate it. Straight. 180. Straight. 180. Ooo, a tunn...(that was quick). A squiggly line. Straight. 180. Straight. 180. Oh, another tunn...(dang. too quick). Squiggly line. Straight. To finish. Repeat.

Cars- 190E, 599 GTB, C1 '58, GNX '87, M5 '05.
Track- an exra layout of an existing track.
2 menu books- could'nt care less what.
Add three events classes and three races each, NA (Natural Asperation) 700pp, Lambo 750PP, 4 door sedan 650PP.
Add CRB indicactor in the HUD.

If it's Sugo, people new to this circuit are going to hate it. The tight turns at the start of the lap, with that blind chicane of curbs before the two right-handers.

If it's Motegi mobility resort, people new to this circuit are going to hate it. Straight. 180. Straight. 180. Ooo, a tunn...(that was quick). A squiggly line. Straight. 180. Straight. 180. Oh, another tunn...(dang. too quick). Squiggly line. Straight. To finish. Repeat.
some people hate all the new tracks , so these ones they will too. honestly i like these tracks even if they are not "great" and i never had issue with Motegi

some people hate all the new tracks , so these ones they will too. honestly i like these tracks even if they are not "great" and i never had issue with Motegi
That 9 Hours of Motegi, in GT4, was my favourite with this track. My white ’02 Accord Euro R w/charcoal BBS 3-piece wheels was dialled in like the WTCC and Real Time Racing Acura TSX race cars. The sun setting time of day was perfect.
I didn’t like the GT6 time of day transitions from midnight to early morning. Seemed a bit washed out.

Anyway, I love the track because of the types of races I can replicate. Running the Spoon Fit and S2000 race cars around there were other favourites.

1679565769099.png

Both would be good additions, the addition of Montegi would possibly bring in the addition of four new layouts, Speedway, Road Course, West Course & East Course. Who knows why there holding back on adding Super GT events, but the addition of something like Montegi might be the one to do that.

If they will add Super Formula Events... I really hope it will be a paprika-like events with grid starts.

I have nightmares after GT Sport Super Formula events with rolling starts :(

Wow! If these photos are really a screenshots from the GT7, then I suspect we will get Motegi track as well! Look at the color of curbs.
Motegi is only track from Super Formula calendar that has white and blue curbs! Fingers crossed as it is one of my fav circuits...

Raybrig-NSX-GT-Super-GT-2018-Motegi-1-730x456.jpg

01_76A8204-medium.jpg
Ah sorry, it’s a Little misunderstandable, it’s not meant as these are screenshots I guess, the interesting thing is the reaction from the SuperFormula Account on his post.

But still, good observation👌😎

Wow! If these photos are really a screenshots from the GT7, then I suspect we will get Motegi track as well! Look at the color of curbs.
Motegi is only track from Super Formula calendar that has white and blue curbs! Fingers crossed as it is one of my fav circuits...

Raybrig-NSX-GT-Super-GT-2018-Motegi-1-730x456.jpg

01_76A8204-medium.jpg
Super Formula has a stand in the GT7 Dealerships section. Everything indicates that the sports league has a contract/partnership agreement with the PD. Therefore, regardless of what the twitter profile says, it is possible to say that it is certain that SF23 will come to GT7, in view of the precedent of SF19, during March 2019. Similar agreement that the Super GT does not have, by the evidences. I assume that the Super GT cars from past seasons were contracted directly with the automakers.

Sugo is a good circuit. It's not the eighth wonder of the racing world, but it's a good circuit, with good elevation changes, short to cater for the Gr.4, Gr.3 and Gr.2 categories. In the virtual world, it would be difficult to drive the nervous Gr.1 and Super Formula cars. I would be happy if he came. But between Motegi and Sugo, due to the amount of available layouts, I think I would go with Motegi. In any case, adding one will not delete the other. I prefer both in GT7. And I can't even understand why Sugo was never in the GT franchise. Would Sony-PD have any disagreement with Yamaha (owner of Sugo)?

Last edited:
One of the main reasons are many players don’t watch the actual series that take part at these circuits. If some players would just check YouTube, it would help a bit in educating players about circuits in the game. Just to give them some knowledge of their history beforehand.

https://youtu.be/wSqPWDlSV8w

I’ve been watching the 2016 series along with my fantasy season. Sadly english races are behind a paywall but you can, and I do, watch them in Japanese (not live though, races are posted a few weeks later in the official super gt yt channel.

I’ve been watching the 2016 series along with my fantasy season. Sadly english races are behind a paywall but you can, and I do, watch them in Japanese (not live though, races are posted a few weeks later in the official super gt yt channel.
Theres a twitch Channel that cover live Japan races. Just watched them cover the Super Taikyu race at Suzuka. Pretty good.

Kaz has uploaded silhouettes.
-Porsche 904
-Toyota Alphard
-Porsche 959
-Mazda 3
-Audi RS5 DTM

edit; lol tree'd

kinda sad there's no Volvo V40 T5... Been wanting that ever since the datamine showed it in the files!

Last edited:
Are you sure this is the AUDI RS5 DTM?

The hood does not look like the RS5. It has central ventilation ducts, as the DTM has open ducts at each end of the hood.

Last edited:
Back