May update predictions

• Thread starter Ande3200
  • 226 comments
better to keep expectations low to not be dissapointed,
My thing with this is that if they decided not to have an update this month (don’t entirely rule this out but I suspect it‘s highly unlikely but being PD, who knows), even if we have low expectations, we’ll probably automatically be even more disappointed than before due to previous showcases of updates. I think it’s actually more disappointing we have to lower our expectations somewhat considering the game was regarded as the “Most Complete Gran Turismo” (or similar) by PD (Kaz). Let’s hope the next update whenever that will be will actually lift our spirits and generate more reason to play Gran Turismo 7 today.

It's amazing that Kaz promised that GT7 would be the most complete game ever released, in order to combine the single player mode of the past with the online mode of the present, but what happened was that GT7 is nothing more than GT Sport with Café mode and tuning. The rest is basically the same! The truth is that the GT7 is the GT Sport with the updates that were missing in the years 2020 and 2021.

GT7 is a game that has a very nice gameplay. It has a very elegant appeal. That nobody disputes. But, in addition to the lack of content, it has a very, very, very amateurish and poorly planned game design.

GT7 is the typical game that you want to play a lot, but when you turn on the console and enter the menu screen, you feel bored as you have nothing to do that is not repetitive, the same circuits as GT Sport, the same three races Sport mode, when the MP is broken and abandoned, and a boring single player, with a stupid AI.

Last edited:
My thing with this is that if they decided not to have an update this month (don’t entirely rule this out but I suspect it‘s highly unlikely but being PD, who knows), even if we have low expectations, we’ll probably automatically be even more disappointed than before due to previous showcases of updates. I think it’s actually more disappointing we have to lower our expectations somewhat considering the game was regarded as the “Most Complete Gran Turismo” (or similar) by PD (Kaz). Let’s hope the next update whenever that will be will actually lift our spirits and generate more reason to play Gran Turismo 7 today.
we know for sure it will be an update to at least add one car the Toyota hypercar, but other than that we don’t know anything, but i doubt they slow down the updates now when it just started, maybe in 2024 like the case was with gt sport, i am always excited for new content in gran turismo, i just wish we got more info earlier on, that would keep the hopes up for the game a lot more

It's crazy how many problems PD would solve just by making a twitter post that says "we're planning on adding X amount of new cars/tracks/events in the coming weeks, stay tuned for an update" instead of leaving us in radio silence like this.

Such a weird decision. It's not like they don't know what they're going to include, especially by the time it's about a week away.

It's amazing that Kaz promised that GT7 would be the most complete game ever released, in order to combine the single player mode of the past with the online mode of the present, but what happened was that GT7 is nothing more than GT Sport with Café mode and tuning. The rest is basically the same!

The truth is that the GT7 is the GT Sport with the updates that were missing in the years 2020 and 2021.

GT7 is the typical game that you want to play a lot, but when you turn on the console and enter the menu screen, you feel bored as you have nothing to do that is not repetitive, the same circuits as GT Sport, the same three races Sport mode, when the MP is broken and abandoned, and a boring single player, with a stupid AI.
I wouldn't even go as far as to say it's GTSport with updates....not even close. They removed so much from the multi-player side that the game almost (to me) seems useless. I would have been happy if GT7 was simply GTSport with better graphics, upgraded physics, and then a more robust single player. Instead we get music rally, a forced "Cafe" itinerary of progression for the single player, and a dumbed down/minimal online lobby feature. Leagues are near impossible to operate atm, given that there is no finishing results data at end of races, no way to verify member specs before races, and no way to see lap data or anything of that matter during the replays. Honestly, I'm still surprised that there has not been more of an uproar regarding this especially.

It's crazy how many problems PD would solve just by making a twitter post that...
Imma stop you right there... it can't.

All of PD's external communications is handled by PlayStation. Nothing you see with the Gran Turismo name - or even Kazunori Yamauchi himself - is posted without PlayStation either vetting it, or creating it, or requiring it.

On top of that, PlayStation outsources social media. I can't recall who does PlayStation's social media generally, but the event social media (such as you'll see at GT World Tour events) is handled by a company called Engage Digital Partners. That means that when you see "@thegranturismo" tweeting, it's actually someone who neither works for PD nor PlayStation, with a job title of "social media manager" at a desk in London sending out a pre-planned post.

Nowhere has that been more obvious than when the GT Facebook/Insta/Twitter accounts posted out some inane tripe like "Where do you like to spend your time in Gran Turismo 7?" during a 34-hour game outage. Nobody directly involved with the game would have dared do that, nor did anyone think about what the external company that does the social media would be posting during that time.

All of PD's external communications is handled by PlayStation. Nothing you see with the Gran Turismo name - or even Kazunori Yamauchi himself - is posted without PlayStation either vetting it, or creating it, or requiring it.

On top of that, PlayStation outsources social media. I can't recall who does PlayStation's social media generally, but the event social media (such as you'll see at GT World Tour events) is handled by a company called Engage Digital Partners. That means that when you see "@thegranturismo" tweeting, it's actually someone who neither works for PD nor PlayStation, with a job title of "social media manager" at a desk in London sending out a pre-planned post.

Nowhere has that been more obvious than when the GT Facebook/Insta/Twitter accounts posted out some inane tripe like "Where do you like to spend your time in Gran Turismo 7?" during a 34-hour game outage. Nobody directly involved with the game would have dared do that, nor did anyone think about what the external company that does the social media would be posting during that time.
Of course, this all applies for pretty much any company out there - but the way it's put in action in PD is far behind its time, brings us back round to the old chestnut about roadmaps etc.

"make a twitter post" was more or less just a hyperbole of what they can do to talk to us, but that is literally as little communication that some of the community needs to calm down. We've both seen people here say they think PD has given up on GT or they think the game is dying, all because PD are silent.

Do you know who runs the @gt7_online_jp account? It was originally for Sport Mode-related administrative purposes for Japanese players, but it seems like it turned into an official GT account for Japan (to the point it replied to save data loss issues even in English before they opened the form).

Of course, this all applies for pretty much any company out there - but the way it's put in action in PD is far behind its time, brings us back round to the old chestnut about roadmaps etc.

"make a twitter post" was more or less just a hyperbole of what they can do to talk to us, but that is literally as little communication that some of the community needs to calm down. We've both seen people here say they think PD has given up on GT or they think the game is dying, all because PD are silent.
Yeah, I don't get why PlayStation is persisting with this approach, which has won precisely no fans since social media was a thing.

I mean, I get why they want to stop Yamauchi himself from talking, because he's a bit of a PR person's nightmare (quite like Peter Molyneux in that regard; always so excited about what he's working on [and it's a development path that might not result in a product], when what the PR people want is him to talk about this product they're trying to sell) which is why he always has a Sony/PlayStation PR handler in any interview to shut down any unapproved/offtopic line of questioning... but the alternative doesn't need to be total silence until four (or fewer) days before an update.

PD did briefly have a community manager, and it is a role that is sorely needed. But they again can't do anything without it passing through PlayStation's PR.

We have recently seen some cracks appearing in this whole PlayStation Studios thing, and all it took was the abortion debate to come up again. Jim Ryan sent round a message saying that Sony would be respecting all viewpoints on the subject rather than being on one side or the other in corporate terms, to which Insomniac responded with a 60-page dossier from staff... and Bungie put out its own statement saying there's not a muzzle big enough to shut them up.

Do you know who runs the @gt7_online_jp account? It was originally for Sport Mode-related administrative purposes for Japanese players, but it seems like it turned into an official GT account for Japan (to the point it replied to save data loss issues even in English before they opened the form).
No clue.

Yeah, I don't get why PlayStation is persisting with this approach, which has won precisely no fans since social media was a thing.

I mean, I get why they want to stop Yamauchi himself from talking, because he's a bit of a PR person's nightmare (quite like Peter Molyneux in that regard; always so excited about what he's working on [and it's a development path that might not result in a product], when what the PR people want is him to talk about this product they're trying to sell) which is why he always has a Sony/PlayStation PR handler in any interview to shut down any unapproved/offtopic line of questioning... but the alternative doesn't need to be total silence until four (or fewer) days before an update.

PD did briefly have a community manager, and it is a role that is sorely needed. But they again can't do anything without it passing through PlayStation's PR.

We have recently seen some cracks appearing in this whole PlayStation Studios thing, and all it took was the abortion debate to come up again. Jim Ryan sent round a message saying that Sony would be respecting all viewpoints on the subject rather than being on one side or the other in corporate terms, to which Insomniac responded with a 60-page dossier from staff... and Bungie put out its own statement saying there's not a muzzle big enough to shut them up.

No clue.
I actually thought someone from the GT staff was posting on their official page, but I didn't know about that company, EDP. They must be an independent company cause i've never heard of them. Yeah Playstation does make some weird, and fast decisions in the gaming industry.

Whilst I don't doubt that this is mostly correct, and certainly I know about who runs the socials, the other Sony first party studios still seem to do a much better job in communicating and engaging with the players.

Guerilla have community managers who regularly engage with players on social media, even reddit.

Media Molecule give weekly updates and have an active community section for Dreams

Bend Studio had frequent blog/community updates when Days Gone was new, and they still regularly play the game on Twitch and talk about it

Insomniac has a large community presence

I could go on but you get the idea. PD can absolutely do better, even if they are somewhat leashed.

They must be an independent company cause i've never heard of them.
I mean, I did say "outsources"...
the other Sony first party studios still seem to do a much better job in communicating and engaging with the players.
Absolutely the case, but PD seems to have always been completely under Sony's purview. Maybe it's due the origins of the studio? Sony bought Bend (2000), Guerrilla (2005), Media Molecule (2010), and Insomniac (2019), but PD was a studio within the original SCE and has never been a separate entity.

PlayStation Studios seems to operate a lot of control over communication from the acquired studios, but as evidenced by Insomniac's response (which was technically an internal communication but became a pretty external one) to Ryan's ill-judged missive, not entirely the same degree as PD.

Yeah PD can come up with anything. They have the tools/technology to make it possible/happen.
But not the contracts.

I mean, I did say "outsources"...

Absolutely the case, but PD seems to have always been completely under Sony's purview. Maybe it's due the origins of the studio? Sony bought Bend (2000), Guerrilla (2005), Media Molecule (2010), and Insomniac (2019), but PD was a studio within the original SCE and has never been a separate entity.

PlayStation Studios seems to operate a lot of control over communication from the acquired studios, but as evidenced by Insomniac's response (which was technically an internal communication but became a pretty external one) to Ryan's ill-judged missive, not entirely the same degree as PD.

But not the contracts.
That might be true but Santa Monica Studio origin also was the team within SCE due to want to break out from Foster City sure they only made one multiplayer game but their communication on God of War (2018) was really fantastic they're listen to feedback and added update and a lot of QoL features during the game life span so seem like Sony didn't moderate the external community post there perhaps?

Last edited:
Santa Monica Studio
Was originally part of SCEA, not SCE. That's an important distinction, as it seems that the studios in America have a weird degree of autonomy - to the point that Santa Monica is a publisher as well as a developer, through its External Development Group. Several independent studios have had games published by SMS as SCEA (and latterly SCE, which was a different SCE from the original SCE), with titles like Fat Princess, Flower, that awful Unfinished Swan thing.

I actually can't think of a comparable studio to PD: SCE (Japan) in-house, spun off to its own studio but still under SCE/SCEI/SIE control. Team Ico maybe, although they're dead now. Perhaps Team Asobi/Japan Studio? What are they like for external comms?

Was originally part of SCEA, not SCE. That's an important distinction, as it seems that the studios in America have a weird degree of autonomy - to the point that Santa Monica is a publisher as well as a developer, through its External Development Group. Several independent studios have had games published by SMS as SCEA (and latterly SCE, which was a different SCE from the original SCE), with titles like Fat Princess, Flower, that awful Unfinished Swan thing.

I actually can't think of a comparable studio to PD: SCE (Japan) in-house, spun off to its own studio but still under SCE/SCEI/SIE control. Team Ico maybe, although they're dead now. Perhaps Team Asobi/Japan Studio? What are they like for external comms?
They are indeed the only other Sony studio in Japan now, and since they only make Astro Bot I guess there isn't much to communicate about. They are hiring for a community coordinator though.

Any new tracks coming as well and new championship
Assuming the track would be teased like the cars - it's probably going to be in one of the next few months updates in advance of Round 7 of the Toyota Gazoo Championship

Last edited:
Assuming the track would be teased like the cars - it's probably going to be next months update in advance of Round 7 of the Toyota Gazoo Championship
I think that in this update we just get those 3 cars, 1-2 new cafe menus, maybe some mission and world circuit events and some improvements in lobby, penalty and bug fix.

I'm holding my expectations, for obvious reasons.

Any new tracks coming as well and new championship
You can see Kazunori Yamauchi's Tweet, which contains two pieces of information - it's next week, and there's three cars - right?

You know that's literally the only thing anybody has right now, right?

We all have the same information: that Tweet. Nobody knows any more that that. Nobody can possibly know if any new tracks or races are part of it.

And we're all still waiting on you to address the complete lie you posted and have subsquently ignored.

Given that the supposed new track will serve the last round of the Toyota Cup, it will not be surprising that the new track is a Japanese one. Motegi? Probably not, because it's a Honda-owned circuit. Maybe Sugo or Okayama?

Or even this speculation of mine is useless, as Apricot Hill has already been teased in previous trailers.

Or at worst it will just be a new layout of circuits already in the game.

Last edited:
Given that the supposed new track will serve the last round of the Toyota Cup, it will not be surprising that the new track is a Japanese one. Motegi? Probably not, because it's a Honda-owned circuit. Maybe Sugo or Okayama?

Or even this speculation of mine is useless, as Apricot Hill has already been teased in previous trailers.

Or at worst it will just be a new layout of circuits already in the game.
I honestly doubt we get new tracks this month, maybe in next updates in summer.... I expect one new layout at most for this month

There is a TBD Track listed for one of the Gazoo races. We're getting a new track either this update or the next one. Guaranteed
It's for Round 7, at the end of August.

If PD sticks to monthly scheduling (which is no guarantee), that's four possible updates for this "TBD" circuit... and while I agree it's probably a placeholder for a track not yet in the game (and say so in the relevant article), it's also not necessarily that case that it is.

I'd be somewhat hesitant to say "we're getting a new track either this update or the next one" is guaranteed on that basis alone.

Latest Posts

Back