Mazda Apricot 100. Doodlemonoply: King of ApricotsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brutaka
  • 286 comments
  • 14,381 views
I guess so... Now that I have three days without school I'll try to practice more
 
It is really wierd... in time trial I got 1:25.717 and online I couldn't drop the 1:27 mark...
Online my best was a 1'28.xxx and offline it was a 1'27.
 
It's actually better to practice online, on free run your laps are about 2 seconds faster. And I'm still on high 27s, I need a lot more practice.

Maybe it's the draft from cars in front of you.
 
Yesterday I had some practice with our guys and I just couldn't keep up
 
Maybe it's the draft from cars in front of you.

It's not because of draft, it's because of some other reason I can't comprehend yet, but generally, laptimes offline should be 1-2 seconds quicker than you would run online. My best time so far online is a 1:25.109, but 24.8s are possible at the moment.
 
After looking at some seasonal event leaderboard (can't remember which) I got scared of racing with you @doodlemonoply. And the reason why offline is faster is probably netcode.
 
Any practicing today?? I might play hookie from working lol
 
I can only hit in the low 1:27's, but some of these other guys can hit low 1:25's. I saved a replay of a short race we did so i can study their lines.

Damn it, never remembered that...
 
I managed to shave off a second from my lap times, with a best 1:26.6. I'm getting there!
 
Good job. I'll get you tomorrow. Just wait for it :lol::mischievous:
 
Full grid for this race?!! Oh boy, now this is going to be awesome!!! 👍

Can't wait. :dopey:

mx5-55-crash1-300.jpg


:lol: :p
 
As much as we try there will be touches. I guarantee it

In an hour or so I'll be opening a practice lobby. Is anyone here able to attend it?

EDIT: I can't host due to connection problems... Damn the internet!
 
Last edited:
The race is in a couple of days and the last practice session will be on Friday, now is the time to ask me any questions or voice your concerns.
 
The race is in a couple of days and the last practice session will be on Friday, now is the time to ask me any questions or voice your concerns.

Firstly, I'm really looking forward to this race ! :)

Reading the OP and subsequent posts, it's not entirely clear whether we are doing a rolling or standing start, not that I have a preference, nor that I have I say but it would be good to make things clear before the day! If we are doing a rolling start a few basic rules wouldn't go amiss, speed limits etc...

Also, I am curious if damage will be on? Just as it isn't stated anywhere.

As @AlvaroF asked in a previous post I presume the 'two wheels off the track / two wheels on the kerb' line though the last chicane is permitted?

Keep up the good work ;)
 
Standing start will be used.
No mechanical damage.
Two wheels on track. Kerbs count as the track.
 
I'll have to drop out :(. Going to my Dads.
 
Just finished another practise for this event.

Attempted to do a full race run in a private online room, I haven't played much online on GT6 yet but I have just experienced some of the glitches that have been well documented on other threads.

I started the race (as per conditions in OP) and happily went on my merry way, laps beginning in mid/high 1.26s and getting to high 1.27s by lap 25 (apart from the laps I came off track). I then entered the pits for tyres (no fuel), when I came out I couldn't break under the 1.28 barrier and the car's handling was very poor, also the screen went very dark (on and off), gauges etc were still visible but I couldn't see the track/scenery.

Eventually the screen when totally black. I had to quit the race at around lap 34.

When I entered the track back in practise mode everything was fine and first flying lap was 1.26:6xx.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this / anything like this??
 
I've never experienced graphical errors but I have dealt with the pit glitch.
 
Is this something that effects most races then or was I just unlucky?
 
The reduced performance was most likely a result of the dreaded tyre glitch, where the grip setting seems to be wrong (e.g., using SH when it actually feels more like CS). The lighting is a problem around all tracks, but yours seems to be a much more extreme case.
 
Back