Mazda Apricot 100. Doodlemonoply: King of ApricotsFinished 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brutaka
  • 286 comments
  • 14,380 views
NOTICE
1 guaranteed seat left in the race.
@BrandonW77
Please let me know if you are confirmed in joining before the final seat is gone.

I can't, I'll be hosting my own race at the same time. Thought it was Sunday, sorry. Hopefully there will be another one and I can get in on that one. Good luck!
 
1472-6399-8537-0919-6051
 
=Ameer67, post: 9404404, member: 23307 "I might be able to upload the race footage on my YouTube channel". :D
That'll be great. I was just thinking on how cool It'll be to have a full race commentaty.
 
I might be able to upload the race footage on my YouTube channel. :D
I may be able to do a highlights vid.

Maybe @Tom can do a commentary overlay of the videos. :)
 
Oh yes Tom. He's good at that stuff. 👍
He has is own radio show, you think? :lol:

Granted I'd need to shoot off screen with an ipad, and only have Movie Maker... :( But according to 100 subscribers, I guess I've done something right! :)
 
The room is still up if anyone's wondering.
 
I might be able to upload the race footage on my YouTube channel. :D
Let's do it together, I was thinking of doing the same.
Who will do what?

Sounds like ameer can do a full race, I'm capable of a highlights video.

Sounds like @Tom may be able to voice over the vids if needed. 👍

Matheus, what could you do? :)
 
Some editing probably. The four of us can do commentary, as if we're watching the race live. We set up a Skype call, and do it together.
 
Some editing probably. The four of us can do commentary, as if we're watching the race live. We set up a Skype call, and do it together.
Well no.

Don't have skype, don't have a mic, and Tom has already told me there is a tight schedule.
 
This will be be, assuming everyone shows up, my first GTP Race where 16 racers participated. I don't know what to expect here... :D I love it!
 
Lobby closed
 
Last edited:
This will be be, assuming everyone shows up, my first GTP Race where 16 racers participated. I don't know what to expect here... :D I love it!

This will be the second GTP race I have entered, I will be happy just to finish respectfully!
 
Everybody who hasn't already, please get some practice in. If you have no time to do so before the race, i will open up the race room at 1:00pm CST Race day for a 30 minute final practice before the 8 minute qualifier.
 
Everybody who hasn't already, please get some practice in. If you have no time to do so before the race, i will open up the race room at 1:00pm CST Race day for a 30 minute final practice before the 8 minute qualifier.
image.jpg

Got a 20 lap run in earlier today in a private online lobby (I like to practise in the same environment that the race will be held, rather than free run etc..).

Best time was a 1.26:2xx, average 'safe' laps were mid to high 27s.

After 20 laps I had only used a 1/4 tank of fuel with fuel/tyre usage on normal.

Front tyres read 9-8, rears 10-10.

Apart from the 1 compulsory pit stop it could be done without stopping, although I wouldn't trust my ability on worn tyres!
 
Best time for me was an (IIRC) 1'27.8xx. I haven't put enough time into this yet, though.
 
It is really wierd... in time trial I got 1:25.717 and online I couldn't drop the 1:27 mark...
 
It's actually better to practice online, on free run your laps are about 2 seconds faster. And I'm still on high 27s, I need a lot more practice.
 
Back