Mazda is 100 Years Old Today

Let's hope they will continue innovation and making driver-focused cars with character and beauty. And maybe an innovative rotary-hybrid engine with modern tech that will produce enough power-torque while burning sensible fuel and being relative easily maintained. And that engine put in a modern RX that takes the genes of FD and makes through in the 21st century.

Mazda rotary powered sports cars are so special and amazing, Mazda needs to create a new RX-7 or a hyper car!

20190220_194810.jpg

In case any of you are wondering about the three more modern pictures in the set, I took them here:

20170511_191426.jpg

That's the Mazda Classic Automobil Museum Frey in Augsburg, Germany. If you like Mazdas, you must go. Also, here's that rotary bus from the article:

20170511_191348.jpg

This is my little Mazda. :D

Ive always really liked mazda but kind of in the background through Gran Turismo. The 787b has always been my favorite Le mans racer, and I have always preferred thinks like the RX-7 over the skyline. It wasn't until when i had to seriously think about a car to buy, and when I started to consider the Mazda 2, that I started properly researching the brand and beginning to love everything they do, and everything they stand for. They are one of my favourite automakers now, and I am very proud to own one. :)

Congratulations Mazda! Please continue to be a bunch of weirdos.

The license of "Wankel" rotary engine was sell to only 6 manufacturers in 1960, and into, only 3 car manufacturers: Citroen, Daimler-Benz & Mazda... Mazda found his way.

Just only for the quadri-rotor 787 engine, same as the Matra V10 engine or some others, these sounds make my ears cry. Myth confirmed.

The license of "Wankel" rotary engine was sell to only 6 manufacturers in 1960, and into, only 3 car manufacturers: Citroen, Daimler-Benz & Mazda... Mazda found his way.

Just only for the quadri-rotor 787 engine, same as the Matra V10 engine or some others, these sounds make my ears cry. Myth confirmed.
Fun fact: Mazda gave Felix Wankel a silver, first generation RX-7. It has never been driven, apparently because Felix Wankel did not know how to drive...

Memories...

My hopes of owning an MX-5 were dashed when I discovered I was too tall. (Back in the day when MX-5s were smaller and I was taller)

Then the better half had a sweet Eunos 500 for a while

And finally, I really enjoy this virtual rotary...

C29B681E-1C11-489C-A461-3A8E92920423.jpeg

Happy 100th Anniversary to Mazda! :D
Cheers for all of the great cars that have come and went whether it's normal cars like the Mazda 3 and 6 or sports cars like the RX-7 and MX-5 Miata.

Let's hope they will continue innovation and making driver-focused cars with character and beauty. And maybe an innovative rotary-hybrid engine with modern tech that will produce enough power-torque while burning sensible fuel and being relative easily maintained. And that engine put in a modern RX that takes the genes of FD and makes through in the 21st century.
That's a lot of things.

That's a lot of things.
Those are 3 things that 2 of those are almost there (innovation is Mazda's heritage and design is their big advantage for the last decade) and the 3rd one (a hybrid-rotary engine made to copmly with the modern gas emission rules) is tough indeed but hope dies last.

Those are 3 things that 2 of those are almost there (innovation is Mazda's heritage and design is their big advantage for the last decade) and the 3rd one (a hybrid-rotary engine made to copmly with the modern gas emission rules) is tough indeed but hope dies last.
I mean...that comment wasn't intended to be criticism--rather it was a more tongue-in-cheek "Oh, is that all?" sort of response--but I think you're lumping distinct things together.

If they had had this color combo available last year I probably would have bought a Miata instead.
The Roadster did have the red soft top available last year. I posted one in the MX-5 thread. Not sure if it could have been ordered for markets outside of Japan.

Back