Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

The only beef I have with it is its high speed braking stability. For now, I set braking sensitivity in both LSDs to 40 each. It helped, but I do think there are better tunes out there.

I almost maxed out its downforce (600/800) and it will corner better without much sacrifice in speeding up to around 370-380 km/h.

The only beef I have with it is its high speed braking stability. For now, I set braking sensitivity in both LSDs to 40 each. It helped, but I do think there are better tunes out there.
This is why I stopped driving it tonight. Braking stability is not that great, just waiting for a tune to pop up.

Still trying to figure out why I see it as unmistakably Mazda.
Those lines . . . that cockpit cowling . . .

And then once the sound fires up . . .

I'm happy with this one - waited for Mazda quite a while, while disappointed that Alfa is silent. This is the first VGT I am actually happy with . . the others (no doubt being favourites for other players) left me meh 'cept for the VW and Subaru.

Just watched the video and I'm genuinely surprised by how good it looks. I expected another boat, like the rest of them, but was gladly proven wrong.

We do however badly need those classic liveries.

The current cars are boring. And as one of the designers said, this car represents what they envision LMP1 looking like in the year 2020.
I agree, in terms of appearance. But 1000+ hp is not boring imo! Next year should have some better looking cars. I think the cockpit/roofline is too tall. It doesnt help that theyre 10cm skinnier overall as well. Dome s103 has a solution that works. But I think this mazda is one of the best lmp1 concepts there is.

3713720-tennant_yes.gif

Hey, that's gif I used for the 2X! Copycat.
(I kid, I kid. :lol:)

Well, I'll use a image that describes my exact thoughts after seeing the car pop up when I first started the game:

Heroman01.png

Yeah, I was as shocked as all you guys...

View attachment 279628

View attachment 279629

A pair of photos of the Mazda.

In the second photo shows the exhaust being aimed on the rear wing. This got me wondering if Mazda designed a sort of blown exhaust to help the rear wing for downforce.

That back fire picture is amazing, and the exhaust detail is interesting. Mazda put some thought into this, that's always a plus in my book. And yes, the car is amazing. Speed is great, noise is great and the looks are great either. I can forgive the lack of interior and colours to go with the car, because the rest is just so damm good... :drool:

Best sounding car perhaps?

If it isn't THE best sounding car, it's right next to the top, that much I'm sure of. Perhaps the Subaru Viziv is the best sounding, at least because of the surprise factor when people first heard it. But this is godly sounding too, it's makes all the right noises (literally).

Best Sounding Driveclub Car (in my opinion)

Best Sounding Gran Turismo 6 Car (in my opnion)

Which do you prefer?

The alpine has a unique exhaust note. The Mazda sound is amazing but it is almost the same as the Red Bull.

So the Alpine for me 👍

I prefer the Subaru Viziv in Gran Turismo :P

I absolutely love it! I cannot believe it, I want to drive this car constantly it sounds amazing and handles like the 787B. My lap at Laguna Seca was 1:12.095 I'm pretty sure bit sloppy but I was happy. Mazda have done a great job designing and PD have made it a awesome car!

obivously one of the better well thought out VGTs

all the VGTs have had a lot of talented people behind them but i'm not a fan of rocket powered Wipeout 2048 cars, nor do i like the cookie cutter 4.5 liter v8, 7 spd rwd concept fantasy coupes

eg. many of the VGTs dont seem to really reflect their manufacturers history

you could exchange badges between VGTs and it would be ok but this is what you get i guess when you ask people to make different mouse traps

I really like LM55. It looks good has nice drive I just wish they had some alternate liveries available

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but the new Mazda's sound sucks. No way is it even nearly as good as the sounds of the Subaru VISIV, 97T, Red Bull cars, nor even the Mazda 787B.

However, the new Mazda drives very good so at least there's that.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this, but the new Mazda's sound sucks. No way is it even nearly as good as the sounds of the Subaru VISIV, 97T, Red Bull cars, nor even the Mazda 787B.

It is a rotary, what do you expect?

The LM55 VGT could drive like a pig but it's awesome looks would make up for it. Thankfully it drives beautifully and I really enjoyed the 6 laps of the hateful Laguna Seca I did in the Seasonal.

I wish there were some other colours or liveries available though.

I don't think it's the engine sound that sucks, although it doesn't really sound like an engine to me it sounds like a computer generated sound which is what it is I suspect, but it's missing any character. No intake sounds, upshift and downshift sound character is not there, up and downshifts are instantaneous, and a host of other things. It's loud and sounds better than a lot of other stuff in the game but it doesn't sound anywhere close to a real car which is the goal I would assume. In fact it sounds a lot like the Forza4 stuff many people around here have decried in the past.

Having said that, it's a beautiful car and I'd agree the best looking VGT so far. Nice that they payed another homage to the 787B in the design cues.

I was thinking more "LM3Stealer", but that's just me... And god, even though I can already see those so-called "haters" complaining, I'm still going to get upset at their unnecessary bashing.

So basically what you're saying is people aren't allowed to have a negative opinion of the game/fantasy car, nor express their negative opinion? Only post here if you think GT/Kaz is the greatest thing to grace the video game genre?

All hail the mighty Kaz, praise our savior and sing his glory from the hill tops!

FYI, sometimes negative criticism is just as important as positive feedback, and sometimes it's quite necessary.

Latest Posts

Back