Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

So basically what you're saying is people aren't allowed to have a negative opinion of the game/fantasy car, nor express their negative opinion? Only post here if you think GT/Kaz is the greatest thing to grace the video game genre?

All hail the mighty Kaz, praise our savior and sing his glory from the hill tops!

FYI, sometimes negative criticism is just as important as positive feedback, and sometimes it's quite necessary.
Even when you don't care to play the game anymore, right Mr Negativity?

So basically what you're saying is people aren't allowed to have a negative opinion of the game/fantasy car, nor express their negative opinion? Only post here if you think GT/Kaz is the greatest thing to grace the video game genre?

All hail the mighty Kaz, praise our savior and sing his glory from the hill tops!

FYI, sometimes negative criticism is just as important as positive feedback, and sometimes it's quite necessary.

Eh, Brandon? I never said you can't have a negative opinion. Sure, I did say that I'd be upset if I heard more people rant about the same old car requests, but I never said that they aren't allowed to voice their opinion. The problem is that this happens every single time a VGT car is released. Each time there are always people complaining "We hate these Ridge Racer cars, we want (insert car name here), we hate the VGT project". I think most have already got the picture by the 3rd or 4th time a VGT car is released, yes there is a need for more production\race cars in the game. And bashing the VGT project is not the way to do so, because PD are commited to finish it, regardless of the complaints. They have commitments to uphold with the car companies that signed up for the project, to get the cars out before GT7 comes to life. It's as simple as that.

Me praising Kaz as a God? I'm afraid I have the same issues with some of his decisions as all you have, I'm certain. I don't like that these cars lack a detailed interior, and I don't like the lack of new production\race cars that the game has had. I don't think GT is the greatest thing on the face of the Earth because it still has many unforgivable flaws that need fixing (bad A.I., lack of races in the Career mode, unbalanced grids of cars). And I'm not oblivious to these issues. Therefore, I don't think all the opinions here should be positive, because negative ones help the game grow. That is, if they are proper complaints and not just fits of anger as I've seen so many times here. I hope my point has become clearer after I've said all this. You can complain, but do it wisely and sparringly.

Last edited:
Just a random test of the LM55 vs the R18 Track (Le Man 2013) both stock and both at pp of 648 which i think should have the same hp right :ill: anyway ran a 3.53 with the R18 and a 3.47 with the LM55 :bowdown:Total win for the LM55:bowdown:But then i ran the LM55 vs my favorite lmp1 car the 908 again both at 648pp. But...... 908 ran a 3.43 to the LM55 3.47. The 908 just had to much straight line speed for the LM55 :gtpflag:

Merry Christmas everyone

Last edited:
..............Much faster than I expected; also surprisingly stable. Looks great from the front, looks like a tupperware from the back. Not paintable - I would've preferred Renown livery but oh well.

Even when you don't care to play the game anymore, right Mr Negativity?

I have as much right to my negative opinion as you have to your positive opinion, Mr. GTAcademy. :cheers:

Eh, Brandon? I never said you can't have a negative opinion. Sure, I did say that I'd be upset if I heard more people rant about the same old car requests, but I never said that they aren't are allowed to voice their opinion. The problem is that this happens every single time a VGT car is released. Each time there are always people complaining "We hate these Ridge Racer cars, we want (insert car name here), we hate the VGT project". I think most have already got the picture by the 3rd or 4th time a VGT car is released, yes there is a need for more production\race cars in the game. And bashing the VGT project is not the way to do so, because PD are commited to finish it, regardless of the complaints. They have commitments to uphold with the car companies that signed up for the project, to get the cars out before GT7 comes to life. It's as simple as that.

Me praising Kaz? I'm afraid I have the same issues with some of his decisions as all you have, I'm certain. I don't like that these cars lack a detailed interior, and I don't like the lack of new production\race cars that the game has had. I don't think GT is the greatest thing on the face of the Earth because it still has many unforgivable flaws that need fixing (bad A.I., lack of races in the Career mode, unbalanced grids of cars). And I'm not oblivious to these issues. Therefore, I don't think all the opinions here should be positive, because negative ones help the game grow. That is, if they are proper complaints and not just fits of anger as I've seen so many times here. I hope my point has become clearer after I've said all this. You can complain, but do it wisely and sparringly.

Thank you, that's worded much better. We're all allowed to express our opinions here (positive or negative) as long as we don't violate the AUP. IMO the "I hate the haters" posts are just as non-constructive as the "I hate the fanboy" posts.

Merry Xmas and enjoy your racing, wherever it may be. :cheers:

Thank you, that's worded much better. We're all allowed to express our opinions here (positive or negative) as long as we don't violate the AUP. IMO the "I hate the haters" posts are just as non-constructive as the "I hate the fanboy" posts.

Merry Xmas and enjoy your racing, wherever it may be. :cheers:

Ok, glad to know you were able to judge my words better. I never had the intention of silencing voices, because that would be violating our rights of freedom. And if the "hating the haters" posts are considered non-constructive as the "hating the fanboy" ones in your mind, then let's both stop using those for the sake of proper judgement, shall we? No one likes a hater, regardless of his\her side. :)

Merry Xmas to you as well, and enjoy your day, whereever you may be. :cheers:

No intake sounds, upshift and downshift sound character is not there, up and downshifts are instantaneous, and a host of other things. It's loud and sounds better than a lot of other stuff in the game but it doesn't sound anywhere close to a real car which is the goal I would assume.

You've explained it perfectly. I actually do think the sound itself is okay, but because the shifting is extremely unnatural and robotic, ultimately ruining the sound.

However, there if you're using a wheel with clutch, it could sound a bit better. Making the shifting sound a bit more natural. Like this video for example:

Last edited:
You've explained it perfectly. I actually do think the sound itself is okay, but because the shifting is extremely unnatural and robotic, ultimately ruining the sound.

However, there if you're using a wheel with clutch, it could sound a bit better. Making the shifting sound a bit more natural. Like this video for example:

I'd say it sounds more pleasing but it's still not accurate because that car would come with paddles not a clutch and shifter. Cars should sound like they are meant to sound based on their drivetrain and era they come from. Perhaps this is something we'll see in GT7. I believe @Griffith500 has seen some code regarding clutch simulation in GT's new sound engine.

So good! Can definitely feel the spirit of the 787b when I'm driving it.

I just did a 40.7 on Goodwood with it. What a monster.

So good! Can definitely feel the spirit of the 787b when I'm driving it.

I just did a 40.7 on Goodwood with it. What a monster.
It's definitely more responsive than the 787B. I can see this car kicking Audi's butt in 24 Hours of Le Mans.

I'd say it sounds more pleasing but it's still not accurate because that car would come with paddles not a clutch and shifter. Cars should sound like they are meant to sound based on their drivetrain and era they come from. Perhaps this is something we'll see in GT7. I believe @Griffith500 has seen some code regarding clutch simulation in GT's new sound engine.
Just to clarify, those were physics related snippets pertaining to gearbox types, nothing to do with the sound engine. Of course, the one affects the other...

When I tried to get a 4 rotor sound, it wouldn't play ball. Interested to see what's changed.

It's definitely more responsive than the 787B. I can see this car kicking Audi's butt in 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Well, based on the lap times posted here with the LM55 at Laguna Seca (say 1:13's) would put it amongst the all conquering Audi R10 circa 2007. Best lap from that year was in the 1:12's for that car. The Penske Porsche Spyder actually was fastest with a 1:12.1! That's 179kmh average. This Mazda moves!

Had a go with it at Suzuka 2014 earlier, definitely one of the more 'worthy' VGT cars we've received. The power-plant (have we confirmed a rotary ?) steals the show again, and my verdict on the handling is still on-going - it's there, but not quite there yet. Seems you can tweak it to one side of the spectrum, or the other, and I feel the steering-ratio isn't quite right for a LMP racer. Perhaps once a better tune is released it'll become a 10/10ths driving experience.

Well, based on the lap times posted here with the LM55 at Laguna Seca (say 1:13's) would put it amongst the all conquering Audi R10 circa 2007. Best lap from that year was in the 1:12's for that car. The Penske Porsche Spyder actually was fastest with a 1:12.1! That's 179kmh average. This Mazda moves!

The last I checked the leaderboards on the seasonal event, the top time was in the 1:09s.

Yes it moves.

The last I checked the leaderboards on the seasonal event, the top time was in the 1:09s.

Yes it moves.
Fastest race lap from an lmp irl was in the 1:11's iirc from 2010 with the lmp2 Acura. Pole was in the 1:10's. They were something like 790kg, 550hp. Should be cool to see how fast it can go after a week or so.

It sounds like a 787B on steroids. Not to mention that it handles like one.

Last edited:
In the form (stock) they make you drive it in the event it's a bit all over the place... Brake balance is very unstable and it wants to understeer like a brick on ice... You'll get used to it and compensate, but it definitely requires some tuning... Also I tried it with a gamepad at first, but like the 2X it seems to struggle a lot more with a gamepad compared to a wheel. I got frustrated enhough to pull out my wheel because I couldn't keep it on track for a whole lap (unless tippy toe'ing it around)... Otherwise I do really like how it looks and sounds, it's handling can be fixed with proper tuning, so it might be my favorite VGT so far...

To be honest, this is probably how PD designed the sound engine. They probably have no idea that people are complaining about the upshift/downshifts either.

As one who does not own a "five second advantage" (what you rich folks refer to as a "wheel") I have to say this is by far the best driving car straight out of the box for those of us on DS3.
You can get a DFGT for less than $100.

Do you guys think that pd may update the LM55 with a premium interior in the future?
Three of the VGT has an interior but not viewable in driver view. One of them even has a base model but PD refuse to implement it, again, in driver view.

Let that sink to you in a minute.

Latest Posts

Back