Midnight Club LA

• Thread starter P1
  • 918 comments
Without meaning to insult, I dislike all of those pictures/cars. Also, why aren't you using the games actual photo mode?

I agree.:yuck: For heavens sake, you ruined that S class! Stick figures, you've been visiting my YouTube channel too much my friend.
As for the bikes, simply add roar to them :D. Screws around with the other bikes (instant bail for them), and 🤬 up the other racers and traffic. Simply the best special ability in the game.

Anyone having trouble going online with midnight club? for the rate-my-ride feature i always get the message that the servers are not available at the time. And going online in an cruise, it gets stuck on searching ... without stopping to search pfff XD

Played it for a little bit. My impressions:

The visuals are awesome. The voice acting is stupid (Really? Rockstar gave the main character a Russian accent? You don't think they were building MCLA while they were making GTA4 do you?)

The AI...is nearly perfect...at racing...which is crazy. This makes the game tedious. After a few hours of playing it's more of a "do I HAVE to race all these guys?" thing. The races become less and less enjoyable as the game progresses, which isn't a good thing. The best thing this game has going for it is the customization. It's awesome and detailed.

However, that's only enough to give it a 3 out 5.

I have something to say about this game. The visuals, truthfully, seem cheap. The driving is fun, but not realistic. I like soom feel in my racing games. The cockpit view is splendid. Loved it. All other views are slightly annoying. The test drive feature is one of my favorite. Oh, yeah, I might just be renting this Lambo but it's awesome! The racing is kind of confusing, and the whole game itslef seems like a big mess. The music and sounds is okay. Customization is great. Always a high point of tuner games. But there lies the biggest fault-a tuner game. Hardly realistic. Overall, I give it a 6.9/10

Justr remember, I played GT5:P right before I played this.

Wow, really? Maybe I'm just a GT-apobe. Maybe it's the less cars, and MCLA is in the whole city enviroment, but eh, I'll stick with the less cars.

EDIT: I take back some of what I said, I'm really starting to enjoy the game. It's very high adrenaline, especially on a bike.

Last edited:
Wish rockstar games wasn't stupid and made a new midnight club! Tired of the bad servers and laggy room!
They are well over due at this point (usually 3 years between the titles).

The good news is that the 2 developers responsible for the series may be working on it by some miracle. Rockstar San Diego is more than likely helping with GTA V again, whilst Rockstar London has a PS3/X360 title slated after Max Payne 3's release next year. Hopefully, the 2 will be getting back together for another MC title.

McLaren
They are well over due at this point (usually 3 years between the titles).

The good news is that the 2 developers responsible for the series may be working on it by some miracle. Rockstar San Diego is more than likely helping on GTA V again, whilst Rockstar London has a PS3/X360 title slated after Max Payne 3's release next year. Hopefully, the 2 will be getting back together for another MC title.

Yea well it's a good idea, I think if it's anything like LA it will sell like crazy! They must keep the car customizing because that's what separates them from the rest!

Its ironic cuz the rate at which the MC Series deteriorates, is directly proportional to the rate at which this whole forum deteriorates...

The MCLA servers are thriving....but the quality of the servers are waning....rude, immature, and racist adults mixed with wannabe clans with underages who ram and cuss out everyone dominate the airwaves.
And don't even get me started on those Race Editor 'races'. -.-

BayneHamlin1121
The MCLA servers are thriving....but the quality of the servers are waning....rude, immature, and racist adults mixed with wannabe clans with underages who ram and cuss out everyone dominate the airwaves.
And don't even get me started on those Race Editor 'races'. -.-

That is so true...

I guess I'll issue my thoughts on Midnight Club: LA since this is the general discussion thread.

My "attraction" to MCLA was due to my experiences with Need for Speed Underground 2. I liked the open world, I liked being able to be creative with a car. It just had more for me to do than Gran Turismo 3. Once I got to the PS3, I didn't have any racing games but I missed NFSU2 and was searching for an open world, free roaming game that allowed for customization. After some studying MCLA filled that void. I've always liked Los Angeles as a city the day/night cycle, the traffic, custom soundtracks. Rockstar really made the virtual LA, feel alive and the races were exciting to say the least. I pretty much declared the game a "classic".

Now a few years later, I look at MCLA like a woman who was quite sexy in her youth, who hasn't aged well and racing games with licensed real life cars can age rather quickly because while virtual athletes will either remain with their teams, get traded or retire. Cars change every year. Secondly after playing Grid 1, I've come to appreciate a game that strikes a good balance between sim and arcade. MCLA is straight up arcade and can be rather over the top and it's understandable because MCLA (like NFSU2) are based upon the Fast and Furious movie series which is known to be very over the top and this doesn't make for much strategy in the racing. It's basically trying to zip down the streets and thread the needle and while this is very exciting, it's not something I want to play every day, it seems like something you have to just want that "rush"

I still consider it a very good game and if you get a group of Midnight Clubs fans together, the brainstorming for a possible Midnight Club 5 is pretty amazing.

All in all, if this is the last of the Midnight Club series, it went out with bang.

Now that GTA V's been released, what do any of you think will happen to the franchise now?

Too bad L.A wasn't released on PC.
People would probably make loads of mods for it, if it was compatible.
No kidding! If they were to be as good as Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005's are, it be way over the top! :eek: Don't be surprised if you see a donk Delta Wing or 787B with neon. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a separate note one thing I have recently noticed with the 96 Impala SS Police car is that it has the sound of whatever car you were last driving. Like for example if I drive my Chevelle then switch to the cop, it has the Chevelle's sound. I drive the Lancer then switch to the cop and it has the Lancer's sound. See what I am saying? Not sure if the other cops do that, but I know the 96 Impala SS does. Went to my brothers profile and same thing happened. Anyone else have this problem?

My copy is the complete edition for PS3 by the way. ;)

Last edited:
No kidding! If were to be as good as Need for Speed Most Wanted 2005's are, it be way over the top! :eek: Don't be surprised if you see a donk Delta Wing or 787B with neon. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a separate note one thing I have recently noticed with the 96 Impala SS Police car is that it has the sound of whatever car you were last driving. Like for example if I drive my Chevelle then switch to the cop, it has the Chevelle's sound. I drive the Lancer then switch to the cop and it has the Lancer's sound. See what I am saying? Not sure if the other cops do that, but I know the 96 Impala SS does. Went to my brothers profile and same thing happened. Anyone else have this problem?

My copy is the complete edition for PS3 by the way. ;)
That annoyed the hell out of me.

Also, does anyone noticed that the AI police cars reused the model from MC3. All they did was change the wheels, spotlight, lightbar, and some of the badges and slapped an LAPD livery on it.

Yes. It used to happen all the time!
Tested that white Charger cop car and it does it too, I imagine the other cop cars do too, I will try the rest tonight. ;) I wonder why this is happening and how they could have missed it, you would think they would have stuff like this taken care of.

That annoyed the hell out of me.
I usually don't care for engine sounds much especially in Midnight Club, but this kind of bothers me too. I mean if my police car sounds like my city bus I have in my garage, then that obviously isn't cool.

Also, does anyone noticed that the AI police cars reused the model from MC3. All they did was change the wheels, spotlight, lightbar, and some of the badges and slapped an LAPD livery on it.
Really. I don't really remember the cop cars from Midnight Club 3 all that much, been a long time since I have played it again.

I had one of them AI police cars in my garage once in MCLA and I also noticed it doesn't really have much of an interior ether. You put it on cockpit view and you won't really see much of anything.

Last edited:
It's pretty much an updated version of the MC3 model. Same with traffic cars.
Like the standards in GT5 and 6 pretty much.

You know it kind of sucks they have a Cadillac Escalade as a traffic car but not as a playable vehicle in the game, would have been great to drive it. I would honestly love it if they had all the traffic cars as the next DLC pack! :dopey: If they ever have another one that is. (I have the imagination of a child :dopey:)
Do people still play LA? I haven't played in ages. :lol:
Yes.

Back