Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I second the shark thought, would make swimming alllll that muck more fun. Also, does anyone with for more procedurally generated structures? I get so excited to see temples throughout but I wish there were maybe 1 or 2 other types of buildings or ruins to find. Maybe in grasslands

I second the shark thought, would make swimming alllll that muck more fun. Also, does anyone with for more procedurally generated structures? I get so excited to see temples throughout but I wish there were maybe 1 or 2 other types of buildings or ruins to find. Maybe in grasslands

No I think the guardians for the under water temples are supposed to be Minecraft's effective "sharks", so I can't see them adding sharks as well.

No I think the guardians for the under water temples are supposed to be Minecraft's effective "sharks", so I can't see them adding sharks as well.
Underwater guardians? Did I miss something?! Haha that's great. Didn't even know they were there. Or even the temples underwater

Underwater guardians? Did I miss something?! Haha that's great. Didn't even know they were there. Or even the temples underwater
They've been around since the 1.8 update, I think. Biggest and toughest temples by far. They appear in deep oceans.

Water Breathing potions and Depth Strider boots are key to tackling the monuments (that's what they're called).

Pics of my island..

My house.
Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150804112631_zpskwiyordm.jpg

Inside the house.
Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150804112613_zpsubzb77qq.jpg

The basement that leads down to my mine.
Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150731111725%201_zpsid43tpmg.jpeg

The veiw from standing above my house.
Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150804133911_zps3nozcqoz.jpg

So, I've made a lot of progress. I remembered I selected for the bonus chest for my world. It spawned in a crap location so I never bothered with it too much. (It was way out in the water) I made a nice little platform for it to make it easier to find.. And it now spawns outside of the platform. But it changed the loot it gives! I now have several different tree saplings and carrots!

With the jungle trees I've gained vines, and I'm planning on using the trees to build a skywalk to attach the ring of islands I've made. Not sure if I'll build a tree village yet.

I've also found one and only one moooshroom. Not sure if anymore will spawn. But I'm keeping it on my island.
Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150804112146_zpsbcmmqpx0.jpg

After last night I feel really lucky....

I bought Minecraft for the Xbox one (after owning it for the 360) I started a new world, built a nice house, had maxed out enchantment table, nice stables etc, but one problem, there no villages. I scoured the entire map, still no villages, which meant I would have to create one and then cure villagers and some how move them to the created village, probably by mine cart, which sounded like a pain tbh.

So instead I decided to start a new world, low and behold, I spawned very close to a desert biome village right at the edge of some grasslands, what's even better is a Temple was located right behind the village so close it was basically a part of the village.

I promptly built a house and some stables in the neighboring grass lands, close enough to the village that it was a short walk, then went exploring. Found some caverns and went deeper into them, then I discovered my first Emerald block! Of all the hours I put into MC 360, which was a lot, I never discovered emeralds while mining, I only received them by trading. Then I found another, and another. In the end I walked out with 9 Emeralds! Then I went back to the village, traded with the villagers, built about 6 more villager houses and then it happened, my first Iron Golem spawned! (I never had one of those on the 360 either even after building up a village).

My village now has every type of villager, I received a Blacksmith last. To top it all off, I went exploring last night not too far away from my grasslands house and I found a 2nd village! A grass plans type of village so the buildings were different, it even has every villager type already there. I am going to build a railway between the two villages next....

I have been trying the Mash-Up packs (on PS4) and tend to use an associated (by name) seed with them. I also have the game on the Xbox One!

With the large maps, the villages can be a long walk away. I sometimes use my seeds and recreate the map on Creative so that I can fly around looking for villages and temples.

I was using a seed of LBP with the Little Big Planet pack and was a little surprised to be spawned very near a village, with a Desert Temple closer still. Unfortunately there wasn't a chest in the village, or a library.

Progress has slowed down. I've been experimenting with the bonus chest to see if I can have some control over the loot it gives. I've learned how to change it's spawn location, and the contents will change if the chest location is moved more then three blocks.

I did manage to find a second moooshroom. And after a long voyage at sea I was able to bring it back to my island. After some heavy "love mode" action, I now have a small cattle ranch.
Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150811091623_zpsqw7bqn2a.jpg

*Update*

Built stables for the cows and mooshrooms. Also added small connecting bridges.
Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150816061814_zpscbqjqdmv.jpg

Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150816061933_zpsfmdykz45.jpg

Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150816061939_zpsseluuo8a.jpg

Minecraft_%20PlayStation4%20Edition_20150817125516_zpsamx26ljv.jpg

Last edited:
After a slightly lengthy outage while I got round to upgrading the host to Windows 10, the server is back up now.

I bet no one noticed that it was down. :(

After a slightly lengthy outage while I got round to upgrading the host to Windows 10, the server is back up now.

I bet no one noticed that it was down. :(
I noticed. I finally had time to play and had no server. :(
Do I need to change to the windows 10 version now?

I understand it, some people (like me) are just not into material things that much. If I had a billion dollars I would struggle with the idea of what to do with it. I would probably start my own charity foundation and focus my efforts there. Granted I would have a house and a nice garage full of cars, but my cars wouldn't be Bugatti Veyrons and Enzo Ferraris, I would have a few classic muscle cars and a few of my select favorite JDM cars and maybe a Lotus Exige.

Notch just needs to find a new focus on life, hopefully it will something beneficial to mankind like a charity that fights worldwide hunger or something. If he does, the rest will likely fall into place for him, including meeting a women that isn't shallow and only after his money. He just needs to get involved in something meaningful. Ibiza is a playground for shallow celebrities that own not Yachts.... but Super Yachts, chances are you aren't going to do anything meaningful there that will complete your life and make you fulfilled.

I understand it, some people (like me) are just not into material things that much. If I had a billion dollars I would struggle with the idea of what to do with it. I would probably start my own charity foundation and focus my efforts there. Granted I would have a house and a nice garage full of cars, but my cars wouldn't be Bugatti Veyrons and Enzo Ferraris, I would have a few classic muscle cars and a few of my select favorite JDM cars and maybe a Lotus Exige.

Notch just needs to find a new focus on life, hopefully it will something beneficial to mankind like a charity that fights worldwide hunger or something. If he does, the rest will likely fall into place for him, including meeting a women that isn't shallow and only after his money. He just needs to get involved in something meaningful. Ibiza is a playground for shallow celebrities that own not Yachts.... but Super Yachts, cances are you aren't going to do anything there meaningful that will complete your life and make you fulfilled.
I agree yes it is indeed understandable and yes hopefully he finds something to make him happy. I honestly would have no idea what to do with that much money either. I would move to a warmer state probably Florida or Hawaii. I also would not have a large mansion and would not have a Bugatti or Ferrari. A lot of the money would go to family and charity for sure. I already have pretty much everything I want. I guess when you grow up with absolutely nothing and very poor as a child, its easy to appreciate the little things in life. I am just very happy playing video games with friends and family.

I agree yes it is indeed understandable and yes hopefully he finds something to make him happy. I honestly would have no idea what to do with that much money either. I would move to a warmer state probably Florida or Hawaii. I also would not have a large mansion and would not have a Bugatti or Ferrari. A lot of the money would go to family and charity for sure. I already have pretty much everything I want. I guess when you grow up with absolutely nothing and very poor as a child, its easy to appreciate the little things in life. I am just very happy playing video games with friends and family.

I think it would be fun building a private race track somewhere out in the middle of nowhere, where you could have fun with your friends. Of course you would need to hire EMT's or have them volunteer their services in exchange for some benefits, and you would have to clean the track of any debris before racing on it, but you don't need to be a billionaire to do that.

I think it would be fun building a private race track somewhere out in the middle of nowhere, where you could have fun with your friends. Of course you would need to hire EMT's or have them volunteer their services in exchange for some benefits, and you would have to clean the track of any debris before racing on it, but you don't need to be a billionaire to do that.
Oh yeah that would be fun for sure. Great idea. You could even attempt to buy out some of the local road tracks and allow the local community to run their cars for much cheaper. I would love to own Grattan Raceway or at least have some way to help them financially.

On topic hopefully you and I can play some more Minecraft sometime. Maybe even this weekend.

Oh yeah that would be fun for sure. Great idea. You could even attempt to buy out some of the local road tracks and allow the local community to run their cars for much cheaper. I would love to own Grattan Raceway or at least have some way to help them financially.

On topic hopefully you and I can play some more Minecraft sometime. Maybe even this weekend.

I am finally done going out of town on the weekends for awhile, had my last wedding of the year last weekend at a lake about 3 hours away from home, no kids either, they stayed home with friend who watched them. I am sure you can imagine the extra-curricular activities that took place...... Beautiful place, been going there since I was a kid.

rand00205_768webcrop.jpg

I am finally done going out of town on the weekends for awhile, had my last wedding of the year last weekend at a lake about 3 hours away from home, no kids either, they stayed home with friend who watched them. I am sure you can imagine the extra-curricular activities that took place...... Beautiful place, been going there since I was a kid.

rand00205_768webcrop.jpg
Stunning. You should re-create that place in Minecraft. :)

Had an awesome time with CAMAROBOY69 this weekend, we built a portal to enter the Nether and we completely lucked out, the portal exit was right next to a Stronghold, just a few steps away. There was a Spawner not very far away so we were able to obtain the items we needed very quickly. After that we exited the Nether and ventured out at night to a Snow Biome with a patch of Dessert next to it. What happened next was crazy, Snow is coming down, it was kind of hard to see and then an epic battle with multiple Endermen ensued, there were at least 4 of them that I counted, plus we had hostile mobs attacking us as well. We crushed them all and obtained 3 Ender pearls.

After I crafted some Eye of Enders we searched for The End Portal, we had to sail across an ocean and trek through another Snow Biome then into a dessert, it wasn't all that far, maybe one map away, but still a good enough journey. I built a shelter over the spot and then dug a mineshaft down about 40 blocks or so and found the stronghold, it was about 3 to 4 rooms over so we found it very quickly. We had to stop shortly after because I am need about 11 more Eye of Enders to open the portal, but I should make short work of that this week.

This is still by far the luckiest map I have ever had, good times.

Had an awesome time with CAMAROBOY69 this weekend, we built a portal to enter the Nether and we completely lucked out, the portal exit was right next to a Stronghold, just a few steps away. There was a Spawner not very far away so we were able to obtain the items we needed very quickly. After that we exited the Nether and ventured out at night to a Snow Biome with a patch of Dessert next to it. What happened next was crazy, Snow is coming down, it was kind of hard to see and then an epic battle with multiple Endermen ensued, there were at least 4 of them that I counted, plus we had hostile mobs attacking us as well. We crushed them all and obtained 3 Ender pearls.

After I crafted some Eye of Enders we searched for The End Portal, we had to sail across an ocean and trek through another Snow Biome then into a dessert, it wasn't all that far, maybe one map away, but still a good enough journey. I built a shelter over the spot and then dug a mineshaft down about 40 blocks or so and found the stronghold, it was about 3 to 4 rooms over so we found it very quickly. We had to stop shortly after because I am need about 11 more Eye of Enders to open the portal, but I should make short work of that this week.

This is still by far the luckiest map I have ever had, good times.
Yes good times indeed and yes you are very lucky to find the portal so close where we dug down. It also was not that far from the initial spawn either. The Endermen battle was crazy in the snow. Very rare.

We were having a few problems the next day obtaining more ender pearls from Endermen. Hopefully that resolves itself. Not sure if your sword was knocking them too far away to their death or if the fire was killing them away from us. I also wonder if it had something to do with your world at near capacity with the mated animals. Hopefully you can get some from the Villagers.

Once you get all 11 pearls, I want to be there the first time you enter "The End". Just let me know in advance and I will join you for sure. Even if it ends up being a little later at night during the week. Will be fun to see your reaction when you enter it the first time. :)

Yes good times indeed and yes you are very lucky to find the portal so close where we dug down. It also was not that far from the initial spawn either. The Endermen battle was crazy in the snow. Very rare.

We were having a few problems the next day obtaining more ender pearls from Endermen. Hopefully that resolves itself. Not sure if your sword was knocking them too far away to their death or if the fire was killing them away from us. I also wonder if it had something to do with your world at near capacity with the mated animals. Hopefully you can get some from the Villagers.

Once you get all 11 pearls, I want to be there the first time you enter "The End". Just let me know in advance and I will join you for sure. Even if it ends up being a little later at night during the week. Will be fun to see your reaction when you enter it the first time. :)

Will do, it's going to take some work, going to farm chickens, fish, hay and coal to get emeralds and the trade for eye of Enders, I probably will fight some endermen too.

Latest Posts

Back