Minecraft News and Discussion

• Thread starter WallRunner
  • 14,002 comments
I get the feeling the server doesn't like me, as it won't let me walk on or past half slabs, or through doors, or on tilled land. Anything that's not a full block really.

I'm not by my computer right now, give me another hour when I get home from work.

EDIT:
I'm getting hit by a storm, so I won't be able to check tonight. Hopefully it'll clear in the morning.

Last edited:
Went to check out the server for old time sake, couldn't log into my Minecraft account.. after a bit of Googling, apparently a Russian guy now owns my account :lol:

Old password and not logging in since 2012 will probably do that.. Ah well.

Spawn updated.

*edit*
Also, memory increased and Anti-Cheat plugin re-enabled.

Last edited:
Had a catastrophic problem with the PS4 version (post the patch for the Pillager update). WARNING!!! I was in a Friend’s seed and was just about finishing some major construction of a house around a Pillager Captain Tower. I had spend two days terraforming and construction and was just putting the last few blocks around the top of the tower when the game blue screened out on my friend’s PS4. On rejoining, everything I had done, including roads and tunnels was gone. The map was back as it was when the seed was created, though the tower and its associated buildings were also gone. Strangely stuff on an adjacent map I’d done was fine as was my friend’s stuff on the home map.

I played the newest version a few days ago with my son. It was the first time we had played in 4 or 5 years and I thought it was cool that there was an option to load a PS3 world. We started a new survival world with a random seed and within 45 minutes we had found diamonds and were building a portal to the Nether. It seemed a little fluky so we are probably going to try a new world today with another random seed.

I'm still getting used to all the additions and underwater features.

I've been slowly getting back into Minecraft. Play once in a while when I take a break from Horizon or The Crew.

Might mess around with Xisumavoid's Vanilla Improvements Data pack. It looks pretty cool.

Still basically doing exclusively Hardcore games. Totally dig that added pressure it gives, especially with crap starts on dinky islands with barely enough trees for basic tools and a boat.

Playing on a friends seed. We have a drained and exposed Underwater Temple.

I have been building rail lines of late, the last one being a 2Km (or thereabouts) line from the Temple island to a village to the North West. Tunnelling at level 24 seems a good place as I found about 4 mines on the previous line I did (heading South). On this Northern extension I only found one. The line going directly through the Dirt Room!

I'm currently unable to play at all because the game crashes on startup. Running 1.12.1 on Nintendo Switch Bedrock. Physical copy. Click icon, then a black screen for 1-2 minutes, the Mojang logo appears, then 5 seconds later I get the message "The software has closed because of an error."

I've tried deleting the game data and re-downloading it (twice) to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

Edit: Found something on a Reddit post that suggested deleting the save data from the system. Tried that, then the game worked. Went to re-download the save data from the cloud, then tried starting the game. Game crashed. Re-deleted the save data, and it worked. So basically, all my save data is gone, but I can now play. Luckily I've been primarily using a realm, so everything is still on there.

Still kinda sucks though.

Last edited:
I'm currently unable to play at all because the game crashes on startup. Running 1.12.1 on Nintendo Switch Bedrock. Physical copy. Click icon, then a black screen for 1-2 minutes, the Mojang logo appears, then 5 seconds later I get the message "The software has closed because of an error."

I've tried deleting the game data and re-downloading it (twice) to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

Edit: Found something on a Reddit post that suggested deleting the save data from the system. Tried that, then the game worked. Went to re-download the save data from the cloud, then tried starting the game. Game crashed. Re-deleted the save data, and it worked. So basically, all my save data is gone, but I can now play. Luckily I've been primarily using a realm, so everything is still on there.

Still kinda sucks though.
Possibly a corrupted save file?

Started modifying my 'basement' into an underwater lookout but was unimpressed by the view through blocks of glass, so decided to remove them and just have a wall-less room with the water flowing down into a trench... unfortunately I didn't figure that skeletons could somehow still get in through these walls, but that has already happened once. That said, I think with a bit better design might be able to stop mobs from spoiling the effect.

EENc7yVWsAAoh5T

Still basically doing exclusively Hardcore games. Totally dig that added pressure it gives, especially with crap starts on dinky islands with barely enough trees for basic tools and a boat.

I love the concept of small island life.. but with no trees, there is not much you can do. Maybe if bamboo could be used to make tools?

Playing on a friends seed. We have a drained and exposed Underwater Temple.

I have been building rail lines of late, the last one being a 2Km (or thereabouts) line from the Temple island to a village to the North West. Tunnelling at level 24 seems a good place as I found about 4 mines on the previous line I did (heading South). On this Northern extension I only found one. The line going directly through the Dirt Room!

How do you drain a underwater temple? That would be a amazing!

Started modifying my 'basement' into an underwater lookout but was unimpressed by the view through blocks of glass, so decided to remove them and just have a wall-less room with the water flowing down into a trench... unfortunately I didn't figure that skeletons could somehow still get in through these walls, but that has already happened once. That said, I think with a bit better design might be able to stop mobs from spoiling the effect.

EENc7yVWsAAoh5T

Are you sure they are making through the waterfalls? I've noticed mobs spawning in almost every open area that normally I'd felt secure.

Back