$$/minute of Racing

• Thread starter SC351W
  • 273 comments
jamest26
However, the "Rally de Umbria" is pretty damn hard. I can pass the stupid Renault but keep hitting the damn walls. I keep getting the 5 second penaly. It really sucks. Any hits or suggestions?

The car I have right now that's the easiest and most forgiving to drive fast, that I use for these events, is the Nismo 400R. The brakes seem pretty decent, and it seems especially quick to get back up to speed again if you do hit something, so the other guy doesn't pass you so easily or build up too much of a lead for you to catch up again.

STiGoFLyBy
Yeah, what happened to the fun of just racing yourself?
You still race yourself, but GT4 requires much more cash than GT3 for several reasons, so the "cash button"... I mean b-spec races is necessary (unless you are trying for the scrooge thing, of course).

Here are a few reasons (that you probably already noticed) to need more cash:

- PD did a good job with point system to make people WANT to race with underpowered cars. It has even become "uncool" to run selective races early in the game to get the all-powerful F1 and then trounce on all the lower races. That means trying out different cars, different upgrades = more cash.

- Many more races now require specific cars that you have to buy (not just win) = more cash.

- Many races require used cars that you have to (at the very least) refurbish a bit (rigidity refresher) = more cash.

- Then there are "just plain cool" used cars that people now collect = more cash.

Finally, even the "cash button" requires you to get into the habit of racing your b-spec driver in underpowered situations in order to raise its skill and be able to win the higher races.

In summary and IMHO, it seems to me that PD did a decent job of balancing cash generation and cash use. The only thing I'd change is to make the "big cash" races more difficult for b-spec so that cash rewards would be more proportional to b-spec skill.

Under this perspective, wouldn't you say that an available "cash button" (that you are not required to use) isn't necessarily a bad thing? :sly:

If you have unlocked Endurance Events (completed 25% of game) then the Laguna 400 will get you a 735,000 car. It is only one race, so you can just leave it on without monitoring.

Does leaving overtake on/off make a difference besides overtaking?

Flow
Does leaving overtake on/off make a difference besides overtaking?
Yes, although he has a better chance of overtaking his opponents, he drives even worse than usual. I'd not recommend leaving it on for anything but VERY LONG races that may hurt you a great deal if you're hung up behind a car for long periods. I'm not sure what the exact difference is, though, since the b-spec driver is a complete tool to begin with, no matter how you look at it. In my experience, you MUST have about 125% of the power your opponents have to have a chance at anything above 5th place, and my b-spec skill is at 7125/82/72/67.

This could just be an odd coincidence, but its something you can try if your B-spec alter ego is giving you grief.

I was running the NY Enduro race, started in A-spec to get to the front of the pack then made a quick pit just to swap out to B so I could go out for a smoke. Well, when I came back, I'm trailing horribly in 6th place.. what the heck happened?! Well, after watching Dead Fredhardt Jr. Race for a lap, it became blindingly apparent; he could not run the track for CRAP.

So this is where it got interesting. I had him pit to get fixed up and switch back to A-spec and began the arduous task of getting back up to 1st place. No small feat but I managed it after about a dozen or so laps. I was pretty proud of myself because I was running the track almost flawlessly each go 'round. Anyhow, the next pitstop I decided to chance putting Jr back in the driver's seat, but this time I waited around to see how he'd do.

Amazingly, his driving ability had improved DRAMATICALLY. It was almost as if my driving had "taught" him how to run the track right. While I was watching, he seemed to take almost the exact same lines I had, as opposed to blindly smashing into walls and putting himself back in 6th place.

There were two places in particular he had been having problems. Mainly in the sharp 90 deg. right hander after the 2nd straight, and then on the end of the little circle leading into the home stretch. After running my laps and putting him back in control he took these turns 110% better than he had been.

Just a weird thing to see happen, but it was certainly interesting if nothing else. Try it out next time your alter ego decides to have a few too many before getting behind the wheel.

Once again the AI hints at being alot less simple-minded than it gets credit for!

this is what i worked out this morning:

MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Touring Car (D2 DTM) '00 - oil change, max out + Racing/Hard tyre - ~802bhp

enter the German Touring Car Championship under EUROPEAN HALL

time taken to finish each race (in b-spec mode, tested twice)

1st race:
1st run: 8:14.916
2nd run: 8: 14.521

2nd race:
1st run: 7:13.150
2nd run: 7:15.995

3rd race:
1st run: 5:43.348
2nd run: 5:45.031

4th race:
1st run: 6:50.058
2nd run: 6:50.234

5th race:
1st run: 7:55.986
2nd run: 7:55.485

1st race is the longest and thats why i abandon it. whether you're in a-spec or b-spec mode, just hit start button as soon as the race started and select exit. keep tapping the start button so that you can jump thru the point, ranking screens and proceed to the next race. when the next race started, set the pace at 5 and drop it to 3 as soon as you took the lead. put on overtake and bob will do the rest.. the IA wont stand a chance. most of the time they're 1000 meters away when bobby crosses the finish line. finish the remaining races and you will get 4 times 15,000 + 70,000 as overall winner plus a Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car '98 (sells for 743,749). total of 873,749 in 13 min 11 sec. time is taken while i was at HOME .. then into garage to pick up my benz, race, collect my price car and went back into garage again so all loading time counted.

alternatively, you can take a look at the point rankings after the 4th race to decide that is it possible to quit the last race.

I find the El Capitan enduro to be a pretty easy money maker, maybe not the best $$/time ratio, but certainly requires the least ammount of effort. (all you gotta do is bop it back up to 3x after the pitstops). If you take a fast car on it you can get it finished in no time. I believe you get what... 250 or 200k for the race, plus a ~700k Minolta? almost a cool million and all you gotta do its hit L+Right a few times.

If you pay attention to the audial cues you can even rest the speed without having to turn the TV back to the PS2 channel from whatever you've decided to watch in the mean time. :D

Actually, you could proabably just time it, see how long between pits there is and just snatch up the controller every XX minutes and hit the buttons to re-accelerate it :sly:

i do the tuscuba wet races normal u get a mazda 6 worth $95,000 plus $10,000 for winning and if u have a good enuf car u can win in under 3 minutes

hey ppl, im new to GT4 and this site, but im running low on credits. i have completed both rally d'umbria and rally d' capri on easy (both of them) but recieved no prize cars... :( could this be because i did not complete all of my liscenses (on grad test for iA and not done supercar) or because they were on easy? i would like and answer asap because now im still running with my pontiac....:'(

thanks

Furbtser
hey ppl, im new to GT4 and this site, but im running low on credits. i have completed both rally d'umbria and rally d' capri on easy (both of them) but recieved no prize cars... :( could this be because i did not complete all of my liscenses (on grad test for iA and not done supercar) or because they were on easy? i would like and answer asap because now im still running with my pontiac....:'(
thanks
1. Did you win both races?
2. Did you select Clear (if doing for the second time) - you have to clear the results to get another prize car.

I Am a little late but my way to collect money is drive ALL the cars non-tuned and tuned at Capri Rally easy, as I have said, I don't use B spec and It's quite easy rally, you can win it every 100+ hp car :)

And if u guys didn't notice, it's fun to drive so many cars :)

720 cars, with almost 700 of them you could win almost 300k.... how about that

(because of these Special cars etc that you cant race)

Furbtser
where do i do the reverse? is that the thing called preview ext to entry when i click on the race, thats what i should do?

ok. one step back from that screen you will be given the choice between two rallies. make sure you ahve a gold for both. when you do you will get the car.

so basically from the special conditions menu - select the rally - then select the direction - win - go back and win in the other direction - > car!

thanks for al the tips guys, they worked, now i have lotsa money and sick cars! but does anyone know a car thats less than 3400mm long? i need one for one of the beginner races and cant find one thats that short! not even a mini or a lotus is that small!

Furbtser
thanks for al the tips guys, they worked, now i have lotsa money and sick cars! but does anyone know a car thats less than 3400mm long? i need one for one of the beginner races and cant find one thats that short! not even a mini or a lotus is that small!

Autobianchi A112 Abarth 1979
Caterham Seven Fire Blade 2002
Daihatsu Copen Active Top 2002
Daihatsu Copen Detachable Top 2002
Daihatsu Midget 1963
Daihatsu Midget II D-Type 1998
Daihatsu Mira TR-XX Avanzato R 1997
Daihatsu Move Custom RS Limited 2002
Daihatsu Move CX 1995
Daihatsu Move SR-XX 2WD 1997
Daihatsu Move SR-XX 4WD 1997
Fiat 500F 1965
Fiat 500L 1969
Fiat 500R 1972
Ginetta G4 1964
Honda Beat 1991
Honda Beat Version F 1992
Honda Beat Version Z 1993
Honda Life Step Van 1972
Honda N360 1967
Honda S500 1963
Honda S600 1964
Honda S800 1966
Honda S800 RSC Race Car 1968
Honda Today G 1985
Honda Z Act 1970
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 1992
Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe 1962
Mitsubishi Minica Dangan ZZ 1989
Subaru Subaru 360 1958
Suzuki Alto Lapin Turbo 2002
Suzuki Alto Works RS-Z 1997
Suzuki Alto Works Suzuki Sport Ltd. 1997
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) 1991
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) 1995
Suzuki Kei Works 2002
Suzuki MR Wagon Sport 2004
Suzuki Wagon R RR 1998

Here are all of the 3400 and under cars. I would recommend using the Autobianchi (you win it in the Sunday Cup) worked fine for me.

thanks, and if anyone wants to know what the best classic car (pre-1970), its by far the Shelby Cobra 427, its actually pretty fun to use, and really funny leaving cars 30+ secs behind, when u accelerate, the car jerks back on its rear wheel and vice-versa for braking, ITS SICK

Furbtser
thanks, and if anyone wants to know what the best classic car (pre-1970), its by far the Shelby Cobra 427, its actually pretty fun to use, and really funny leaving cars 30+ secs behind, when u accelerate, the car jerks back on its rear wheel and vice-versa for braking, ITS SICK

Just like in real life. The Cobra ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED in the late 60's, early 70's. It was almost unfair. Nothing could touch it.

Any ways Yeah, I just did the Capri Rally like 30 times and got alittle bit north of 10,000,000 Cr. and got all 4 black LMP cars with it and have 2 million left.

Furbtser
anyone got a fast car that i could use to win the gran turismo championship in professional hall? thanks

Gotta love random posts in random places. In case you don't feel like doing a search, best bet will be to get the Minolta Toyota (i think from the el capitan enduro), give it super hard rear tires and hard fronts, and you should be alright. Even B-spec bob wins with that bad boy.

Tarekith
Great tip on the German cash thing. I wanted to add two points:

- You don't need the 1A license to enter in the Duesche cup in B mode, you only need the 1B license.

- It does appear here's a max limit on the number of GTR's you can win this way. I got "about" ten total and the game stopped giving me any cars, or the $75,000 cup money. No idea why this is.
What "GTR" are you talking about? It's a CLK. I have the PAL version..

Daave
Anyone think B-Spec is kind of ruining the game? Basically all you do is build up a really fast car, put it in a race where its the top dog and collect the money.

Rinse and repeat.

👎

Yea i feel bad about it too.. you shouldnt be able to speed up the race.

slightly off topic, what sorts of dollars per game day are people achieving?

i think i am at around 50 million after 1500 days. that's including buying the 4 black beauties, and a few LMP/Group Cs. i will have to check on exact numbers, but i would be interested to see, as it should give an indication of what sorts of series/races people like running.

coolacrille
What "GTR" are you talking about? It's a CLK. I have the PAL version..

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. If you're serious than he's talking about the 1998 Mercedes-Benz AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car. If you're not serious than :rolleyes:

Daave
Anyone think B-Spec is kind of ruining the game? Basically all you do is build up a really fast car, put it in a race where its the top dog and collect the money.
If you think B-Spec ruins the game and don't want to use it, than don't. But, why would how others play the game ruin the experience for you?

Daave's just expressed his own thought, and has got the right to do it as this is a public forum.
Altough my opinion is different , I don't feel angry at him and I've never thought other players' posts would ruin my experience in any way.

If my B-spec Bob pits because of fuel or tires does he come out in 1x speed or will he continue on in 3x mode as I left him?

The game will always revert back to 1x after pitting. So if you get a good feel for how long between pits just set a timer and keep coming back to the game if you want to switch it back to 3x.

I usually do this if I am just trying to get some more money so I can watch a movie or do something else while he is racing.

Back