Mission 11 - New York Toyota GT2000

• Thread starter Swift
  • 169 comments
ICE_T
this mission 11 really suck.
I try so har dand I can't do it,..

I almost gave up after 99 runs, tried so hard but always a few seconds behind.
Then I said to myself: "focus on high exit speed using the entire road and keep the revs up high". So I did, and won by 2s :lol:

Since I don't have a MAX Drive, the best advice I can give to every GT4 player is by providing my time check points. In less than a hour of practice, you will get very close to fullfiling this mission. You will lose by +0.233, +0.350, +0.685 secs and it doesn't seem that you can crack these times. Don't lose your patience, play for another 2 hours and you will pass the lead car just after the hairpin. Here are the checkpoints:

_____ +26.519
_____ +23.562 Pass 5th car after the second checkpoint
1st lap +18.984
_____ +16.093 Pass 4th car after the first checkpoint
_____ +13.954 Pass 3th car after the last hairpin
2nd lap + 9.507 Pass 2th car a little after the finish line
_____ + 6.598
_____ + 3.279
3rd lap - 1.063 Pass 1st car after the hairpin by slipstreaming

AI Time: 6'47.918
My Time: 6'46.918

:scared: P.S. Thank God that I don't have the Japanesse version or I'll be nuts. :ouch:

ket01084
Since I don't have a MAX Drive, the best advice I can give to every GT4 player is by providing my time check points. In
AI Time: 6'47.918
My Time: 6'46.918

:scared: P.S. Thank God that I don't have the Japanesse version or I'll be nuts. :ouch:

Your're right! The PAL Mission 11 may be even harder that the NTSC Mission 34.

I have a question, What does AI stand for? What do you mean by an AI car? ;)

GT3LudeDude
YESS!! thanks to everyone's advice I finally completed this mission 6:44.175 +4.155

:) That is a very good time!! With that time you can also win in the PAL version; so, Kudos for you, you will not feel so difficult mission 34, or perhaps you've already passed mission 34 with ease. 👍

ket01084
I have a question, What does AI stand for? What do you mean by an AI car? ;)
Artificial Intelligence (=the other car(s) you race against). Have to say though that the word Intelligence is somewhat misplaced in this game with regards to the competitors. They're usually stupid.

Seasons greetings

AMG

WOT, wide open throttle is the key. The more time in this mission that you are flooring the gas pedal the better you will do. The other thing is it's better to take a turn just a little slow than bang into a wall, even if you don't get penalized you will still loose just as much speed as you would taking it slow. Go for the late apex and you should be fine.
On another note, I only beat this by about a second, so every one who murdered the competition, my hats off to you, you are all better drivers than me.

To pass this mission i buy this car and do many laps in timetrial to learn the car handling, best race line, how gain time...
you must cut all the corners almost toutch every hall !!! this always coast a 5m time penalty, and you must do the final corner (harpin) from one time, this means you must cut, open, and close again to cut the other corner of the square turn and open again almost toutch the wall again to go out with the best speed and do the staight at the maximum speed ;)
GT4: 98.6%

After 3 hours of straight driving in the last minutes of my brain's alertness at 5:45 AM I have finished this mission. I'm tired and am going to sleep. The advice here is great and so is the encouragement (really thanks guys I was starting to doubt myself). Just remember that every turn matters. At some point you will do each turn significantly better before, you'll pass when you do all of them your best all at the same time. (hahah) Don't get too excited when you're almost there, because you'll probably do it 10 times after you screw that up at least :)

This car truly handles like greased poop. It's color should be called suppository white. If there's a race edition it should be sponsored by KY.

well what i did is i combined GTA and GT4 and pulled out my rocket launcher and shot all of the other cars.:dopey: but seriously its a pain in the face:tdown:

Papa_Smurf
well what i did is i combined GTA and GT4 and pulled out my rocket launcher and shot all of the other cars.:dopey: but seriously its a pain in the face:tdown:
Umm... Do you need help? With the mission that is LOL.

I finally beat this mission, after numerous tries :)

You want to pass the red car before you enter the 90 degree corners, the second and third place cars down either the short(er) straight before the hairpin, or in the first third of the main straight.

I caught the Cosmo coming out of the hairpin on lap 3, won by a second.

I can't remember far enough back to tell you when i passed the Cosmo on my first win.

A while ago Feint asked for help with this mission as he has the Japanese version and in the Japanese version the AI finishes much faster. I re-ran this mission to run under the time he needed so that he could see that it is possible. On my re-attempt i passed the 1st place AI car just after the exit of the first corner at the beginning of the third lap. My time was 6'37.201

See here:
http://md-dms.twbc.net/videos.php?id=47

ok so i decided to do the missions after getting bogged down in the "80 gold" challenge... m11 is just as bad as doing gold runs!!!

after 2 weeks on and off m11 i finally won it this morning. i watched Mick777's vid a few times (you're a machine, mate). Here's some tips:

• below 60kmph == bad
  • turn wide! turn early!
  • use manual (i tried it with auto until today)... stay in 2nd till 114km, 3rd till 160km, 4th till 190km.
  • try and hit the apex of corners at 75kmph
  • be in 2nd place before the 270 on lap 3, you'll need the rest of the lap to catch the mazda 110s... and you get to watch how he takes the hairpin for a bit of comic relief

and my splits...

*relieved*

-brad

bnjf
ok so i decided to do the missions after getting bogged down in the "80 gold" challenge... m11 is just as bad as doing gold runs!!!

after 2 weeks on and off m11 i finally won it this morning. i watched Mick777's vid a few times (you're a machine, mate). Here's some tips:

-brad
Gee umm... thanks:embarrassed: :D

The car to use in this mission is old, and it should be difficult to drive, besides, when you make the turns the first times you try it looks like you are going to slow, but then, when you smash the car against the wall you find out that in fact it was to fast; and you must avoid that little drifting when you enter to a corner while braking, that slows you down to much.

I FINALLY DID IT!!! After about 15+ tries. Thing i had in me is brake early, high exit speed. I had the numbers 50, 60, 70, 80 kph etched in my head. plus a 26.xx+ split @ first CP, and about 4.xx+ or less near the finish! yes finally!

Is it even possible to win with AT? I thought I ran what were flawless laps, and still found myself 1-2 seconds behind...

It's very possible with AT, I've done it with automatic in the PAL version which is supposed to be much harder than the NTSC. 👍

I'm just pointing out my frustration for this mission. I have tried it about a dozen times so far and the closest I came was probably +7 seconds which is horrible. I went on to do the later missions to which some I passed on the first try and others within 3. I'm going to have to reread this thread and give it some more tries tonight when I'm home.
Thanks for all the info

Check eight posts up on this page and you'll find my video. My finishing time is ten seconds faster than the AI time (6 seconds faster than the Janapese version).

I hope that it helps with finding where you're going wrong. ;)

Just be patient, have a view of Micks vid (helped me Mick, a lot) and try not to thrash the old gal around too much. Most importantly, have patience; I had 5 goes, then went and had 5 goes at the other 3 lap ones I couldn't do (206 & Superbird), managed to do them. Came back confident and it took me another 3 tries to beat it by -1.1xx seconds

Thirdeye
Is it even possible to win with AT? I thought I ran what were flawless laps, and still found myself 1-2 seconds behind...

Yes, take it from me. It is possible. I run all races with AT and have finally licked M11. Ive done this mission a couple of times over the last few months but always 10 seconds behind if not more.
Over the last 2 weeks I started again on missions (to complete) exclusively and licked this one in 10 serious tries or so. I am not a very good driver and I'll never reach Mick's level :indiff: . Beat the mission by 1.1 seconds.
Just to give you an idea of my skills .... it took 120 attempts to FINALLY gold by 0.001 sec the BMW 120 Tsukuba (B16) license.

AMG

AMG_SLK
Yes, take it from me. It is possible. I run all races with AT and have finally licked M11. Ive done this mission a couple of times over the last few months but always 10 seconds behind if not more.
Over the last 2 weeks I started again on missions (to complete) exclusively and licked this one in 10 serious tries or so. I am not a very good driver and I'll never reach Mick's level :indiff: . Beat the mission by 1.1 seconds.
Just to give you an idea of my skills .... it took 120 attempts to FINALLY gold by 0.001 sec the BMW 120 Tsukuba (B16) license.
AMG

Just to echo this - you can pass this with AT - I just restarted, and have all missions except 2 (25, I think, and the infamous 34). It took me a couple of hours to pass 11 and I'm waaay off being at Mick's (or a lot of other GTP'ers) level. Just practice and get to know the car - I passed it by a couple of seconds in the end, and it felt a lot easier than a lot of my failed attempts. Be smooth, try not to lose too much speed, start cornering wide and hit the apexes. You can do it :)

I found this very frustrating at first, but as others have said have patience and you will win.

The hardest thing for me was learning the course as I don't play it much and in this crappy car any mistakes will cost you big time. The advice to think of the corners as arcs of quarter or semi-circles really helped me get around them smoothly.

Also, don't give up too easily - I was almost going to restart it one race but stuck with it and managed to pass the lead car just before the finish line, a very sweet victory :)

I also just passed this one yesterday (Whoohoo! Tank Car...in your face, space coyote!), so I thought I'd pass along some info on this one. I've barely tried Mission 34, so to date, it's been the toughest mission so far. Don't hit anything, and you'll be right up there, with the white Mazda in your sights.

1) Don't grab 1st gear...avoid the temptation, because the car will bog down in the beginning of 2nd gear. All other gear changes aren't so bad, curiously.

2) Avoid the walls, don't kill the curbs. Brushing the curbs can help, but don't attack them.

3) Catch the cars in the right formation, and you'll get a drafting tow down some of the straights. It helps to catch the blue Isuzu before you get to the back straight, for some reason. I was quicker when I passed it beforehand. Also, watch out when passing the red Skyline, it tends to drive erratically for some reason.

4) Slight use of the emergency/parking brake is okay. Slight brushes of that button helps at times, but just for a few turns.

5) Point your car carefully in the "rhythym section". The speeds aren't too great here; again, resist grabbing 1st gear, and point the car in a decisively smooth motion. Give priority to the faster corner element; prepare to lose a little speed into this complex to get a good attack on the following turns.

Just completed it with about .2 of a sec to spare. For me, I found just light pressure on the brake pedal was the key. Dont just jam on the anchors before the turns, keep the speed up. Learnt a lot in this mission, good riddance to it now.

Back