Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 164 comments
Been trying quite a lot with the Evo VI T.M. RS... Best I got out of many...many tries was 1:23.010... As I've seen, I suppose I'll give the VIII RS a try.

Edit: That tuned work great! Gold on the first try! Thanks @WhoosierGirl!

Last edited:
Wow what a difference turning all the traction and other aids off makes. The strangulation of traction with them on makes it difficult. Without the time is easily achievable.

Thanks WhoosierGirl!...Your tune won the day for me. I'm a Canadian. I'm supposed to know how to drive in this stuff!..:lol:

Rit
Thanks WhoosierGirl!...Your tune won the day for me. I'm a Canadian. I'm supposed to know how to drive in this stuff!..:lol:

:indiff:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Snokhana+2013&sm=3

Snokhana 2013 - wish me luck as I compete in 2014 :)

Even we have fairly diverse talents, some of us are super fast, and others are just slow. :lol: Our nationality only has a bit of it to do with it. Practice, though, is much more rewarding.

To everyone who liked my setup, you're all welcome! :D

Hi guys, tried whoosie tune and after some tries did a 1.14.532 on ds3 but i can't tune the transmission as whoosie wrote, can someone tell me what to do? thanks

for some reason i always end up at 22nd place every time i improve lap times... now at 13.457, there's more space for improvement i seem to loose much time on the steep uphill tight right after the s bend ..

anyway, now were neighbors @WhoosierGirl :cheers:

edit: SoKaGT still in pole 12.776:tup: If your here around, What does SoKa stand for? Sodi Kart Maybe?:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Hi guys, tried whoosie tune and after some tries did a 1.14.532 on ds3 but i can't tune the transmission as whoosie wrote, can someone tell me what to do? thanks

haven't tried that setup yet, but i guess you have to first do the power setup and then follow her instructions

I figured out my own settings to get Gold on this!

All your tunes are great! But all I did was just fickle around the transmission, reduce the power a bit, add some ballast weight, assign the ballast on the rear, my power at 306 HP. And I only used the Lan Evo X!

I got 1:20:552!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Finally! After so much trial and error, I finally got GOLD!!!

Thanks, HoosierGirl! Sure seems like a good tune. I can't get any better than a low 1:34.XXX, but I've always had a hard time with rally-type driving, especially with the hand controller! :irked:

I couldn't match your numbers on the trans. either, but I pre-set it to 125 max and made 6th. a bit taller so I could take full advantage of the straightaway.

Make the final 6.000 first, then Max speed 112, then set all 6 gears and then reset final gear. I'm not sure what power parts I had on when I did the setup, you should be able to get the gears pretty close.

Just started on my first tuned up session in the 'EVO VIII RS '03' since Golding this in a completely stock 'EVO VI GSR T.M. SCP' on Thursday and on my third lap have managed a 1:17.552 [SRF=OFF] 👍

I finally got around to the latest seasonal events. Only did this one so far. the first lap felt so easy, they yikes... Bronze... I started with stock setting, reduced weigh, 52/48% distribution, etc... Then I started changing things, and stopped making changes once I got gold. I suspect slightly lower and firmer will work on Chamonix since at rally tracks do, it's relatively smooth. I found for my driving, the toe and camber adjustments, the little i changed them from stock, helped me quite a bit. I ended up with a world ranking of 3,459 (1:18.919) a few minutes ago, which is damn good for me. I suspect I can drop that by 2 seconds if I were to try, but I have so many other things to do, and two more ID's to race.

A copy and paste out of my Excel:

PP 480
HP 310
TQ 343
Shift auto
weight 1280
Suspension Custom
Height-F 105
Height-R 105
Spring-F 4.88
Spring-R 4.19
Compress-F 1
Compress-R 1
Extend-F 1
Extend-R 1
Anti Roll F 2
Anti Roll R 2
Camber-F 0.1
Camber-R 0.1
Toe-F 0.03
Toe-R 0.1
Brakes stock
Brake-F 5
Beake-R 5
Transmission Custom
F-Start min
set top ini max
1st 2.874
2nd 1.873
3rd 1.498
4th 1.198
5th 0.958
6th 0.766
7th
FGR 5
Clutch triple
Driveshaft carbon
Rear end stock
F-Dif-Ini stock
F-Dif accel stock
F-Diff decel stock
R-Dif-Ini stock
R-Dif accel stock
R-Diff decel stock
Center Differential custom
Torque Split 45/55
Power 93.70%
Engine tune no
Computer stock
Exhaust stock
Exhaust manifold stock
Catalyst stock
Intake stock
turbo stock
nitrous no
Ballast 200
Position 50
distribution 52/48
Weight Stage stage 3
Hood carbon
Windows reduced
Tires snow
oil change yes
Rigidity yes
Aero no
Flat Floors no
Rear wing no

Edit add...

This was with the VIII RS '03

I also raced the VII RS '01 and VI RS '99 on my other two ID's. I like the '99 the best of the three I races, but stopped at gold. You can take the weight balance to 50/50 and the HP to 426 for the 480 PP, and it's lighter than the other two.

Last edited:
Well I have had enough fun in the snow for tonight, finishing this session with a 1:16.318 and I'll be back at it in the week. :crazy:

now, time for sleeps. 👍

I'm having a problem with this so far, I'm at a 1:18.310 currently but think I could go a bit faster if I get something fixed. My emergency brake is only effecting the front tires, I'm using the 2000 Evo VI TM, is it only with this car or 4wd cars in general and does anyone know if this is a fixable issue or not?

2003 Evo VIII RS
Stage 3 weight reduction, windows and hood, sport computer.

Ride Height 150/150
Springs. 9.0/8.0
Dampers C. 1/1
Dampers E. 1/1
ARB. 7/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe angle. 1.00/1.00
Brakes. 5/6

LSD. Front. 5/40/5
LSD. Rear. 5/60/5
Torque split. 45/55

Transmission, it's not very good, I'm not good at them, sorry.
112/4.300
1. 2.342
2. 1.747
3. 1.446
4. 1.223
5. 1.048
6. .898

Power 311hp/ 93.1% only added the computer.

Ballast 200kg/50% 53:48 1,280kg

I added the wing but only had it at 5. I removed it and did a .483 so not sure if it helps.

My first setup posted so be kind. Please no messages about how I have no idea what I'm doing, because I will admit it, I have no clue what they mean. I just change them until I go faster, seems to work. Hope it helps.
Fantastic Tune - thanks for sharing!!:cheers:👍

Finally broke 1:15 :boggled: , 1:14.467 ds3 own tune. Seems most tunes no matter what the settings drive about the same(for me). No matter what tune I use cant get that sweeping downhill right hander without taking finger off throttle, like top guys do. evo VI RS TM 00

I mean Whoosier has toe 1 and 1...I have -15 and -45

Last edited:
Hi Whoosier !
Thanks for sharing your setup. I'm now at 1'17"690. I'm sure I can improve but I need your help again :
At the beginning at the second lap, your speed is about 115 mph, I'm at 100mph ! The same at the end of straight line...
Even if I'm a poor driver (oh yes !), I'm surprised...
According to your knowledge, where I'm wrong ?
Thanks again

Hi Whoosier !
Thanks for sharing your setup. I'm now at 1'17"690. I'm sure I can improve but I need your help again :
At the beginning at the second lap, your speed is about 115 mph, I'm at 100mph ! The same at the end of straight line...
Even if I'm a poor driver (oh yes !), I'm surprised...
According to your knowledge, where I'm wrong ?
Thanks again

Not sure other than you have to get the rhythm of the sliding around the turns just right to not lose your momentum. To much sliding in those sections will really slow your speed down. Can't wait to get another try at this next weekend, I need to figure out the slow uphill right.

Finally broke 1:15 :boggled: , 1:14.467 ds3 own tune. Seems most tunes no matter what the settings drive about the same(for me). No matter what tune I use cant get that sweeping downhill right hander without taking finger off throttle, like top guys do. evo VI RS TM 00

I mean Whoosier has toe 1 and 1...I have -15 and -45

which one do you mean? the one leading to the uphill straight? if yes, check your speed. you might need to adjust 6th gear to peak off just before entry, and be sure to start turning before the turn so your car carries sideways momentum to hold you on track. As for the toe, It depends on the setup...misplaced ballast could easily throw you out, badly tuned springs and dampers can also have the same effect, toe is not that important on snow, however i would keep figures low.hope this helps!

Not sure other than you have to get the rhythm of the sliding around the turns just right to not lose your momentum. To much sliding in those sections will really slow your speed down. Can't wait to get another try at this next weekend, I need to figure out the slow uphill right.

That one is giving me a hard time too... its killing most of my best laps. I can match top ghosts until that turn and then seem to loose at least 2-3 tenths on the spot and the rest 2-3 tenths as a result of low exit speed on the rest of the track till the finish line.

Tried both Andrew's and Whoosiergirl's setups on different accounts, and loved both of 'em. Very similar results between both setups for me using DS3, and both eflt similar to driv with different sectors favouring one car or the other between the two. The only significant difference was that Andrew's was just a tad easier to keep the nose pointed where I wished it to be.

Plaudits to both. 👍👍👍

Back