Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Lap

• Thread starter yannagas
  • 164 comments
Got 1:19:45 with a Evo VIII RS '03 with stage 3 weight reduction.

It was so much fun!!
LMAO.gif~original

Thank you!! I was trying with the EVO X GSR P.P 07 and couldn't get sliver. Was over 5 seconds from gold. Saw you used the EVO VIII RS 03 and got gold pretty easy.

I didn't specify because I use it on most rally cars. I've used it on Impreza rally cars, Evo rally cars, Peugeot, Lancia (Stratos included) etc.

Basically, the philosophy is rooted in a real life application of rally technology. I plan on working for a local rally team, so I've learned about this philosophy by speaking with my future employers. :) But, there are bits and pieces that I can't tell you about.

Edit: But, since you all asked politely, I used the Evo VIII RS '03 for this, because I had wanted to get an Evo VIII anyways. :)
Thank you, I will have a try with it tomorrow and see if it works for me. I used a drift setup and it was a lot of fun, but not that quick due to all the sideways shenanigans lol

I didn't specify because I use it on most rally cars. I've used it on Impreza rally cars, Evo rally cars, Peugeot, Lancia (Stratos included) etc.

Basically, the philosophy is rooted in a real life application of rally technology. I plan on working for a local rally team, so I've learned about this philosophy by speaking with my future employers. :) But, there are bits and pieces that I can't tell you about.

Edit: But, since you all asked politely, I used the Evo VIII RS '03 for this, because I had wanted to get an Evo VIII anyways. :)
:bowdown::bowdown:I don't really care what theory or tricks you based this setup on. You obviously know what you're talking about!
My best time with the same car was 1:24 something. With your setup I went to 1:20:073 in only 3 laps with much room for improvement. :bowdown::bowdown:

Hey guys, golded it yesterday after a couple of beers in a evo rs. Car was standard exept a rally suspension, clutch and lsd, but still not have touched it. I think the big tip in here is, to turn all aids, exept abs1, off. So it easy drifts by only steering.

Ok, used Trevor's tune, although with the front bit higher, and golded with 1:19.1.

And I will say again, these stupid blue lines, and names, blocking the view ahead are pure, unadulterated rubbish.

Why we can't have our own single ghost car to chase I can't fathom. I'm starting to dislike this game now, nowhere as enjoyable an experience as GT5 was with just your own ghost car.

I was basically using Andrews set up however tried 3rd stage turbo and took another second off, now at 1:18.0.

Naturally there is a drop in power, alternatively an addition of weight, but I opted for the former.

Not ready to claim that the 3rd stage turbo is that much better, becoming used to the track may well have a lot to do with it, but it's an option.

Would like to see WhoosierGirls tune too, along with many others I expect.

Enough for now, work to do, finished with 1:17.5 at position 510, about where I often end up.

Last edited:
2003 Evo VIII RS
Stage 3 weight reduction, windows and hood, sport computer.

Ride Height 150/150
Springs. 9.0/8.0
Dampers C. 1/1
Dampers E. 1/1
ARB. 7/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe angle. 1.00/1.00
Brakes. 5/6

LSD. Front. 5/40/5
LSD. Rear. 5/60/5
Torque split. 45/55

Transmission, it's not very good, I'm not good at them, sorry.
112/4.300
1. 2.342
2. 1.747
3. 1.446
4. 1.223
5. 1.048
6. .898

Power 311hp/ 93.1% only added the computer.

Ballast 200kg/50% 53:48 1,280kg

I added the wing but only had it at 5. I removed it and did a .483 so not sure if it helps.

My first setup posted so be kind. Please no messages about how I have no idea what I'm doing, because I will admit it, I have no clue what they mean. I just change them until I go faster, seems to work. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
My first setup posted so be kind. Please no messages about how I have no idea what I'm doing, because I will admit it, I have no clue what they mean. I just change them until I go faster, seems to work. Hope it helps.

Thanks for sharing!, All tunes have potential, what matters is being fast with them. What everybody is trying to do, either knowing what they're doing or not, is to find those sweet spots in the physics model, that as we all know is far from perfect, and whats more important far from being real..
Saying that, I mean sometimes somebody who has no clue, makes a super fast tune just by experimenting like you did, while somebody else who knows what hes doing will never go beyond his knowledge barriers maybe never discovering that sweet spot tune..
Thanks again:tup:

Managed to gold it after 4 laps.

Decided to run away from it instantly.
Reminded me of another race on the same track recently.
Pity PD lacks of creativity...

I have a setup which works for fastest lap 1:17.443 with a good driver, and 1:19 with a bad driver. Yes, it will get you gold, easily. I focused on the ease of use, though, using real life rallying setup secrets... And as an added bonus, it works on all rally cars.

Well, thank you very much for this...I used it on Evo IX GSR '05 (tho my spring rate values are a bit higher). I was really struggling with this seasonal last night, but this setup made it so much easier!

Ride Height 150/150
Springs. 9.0/8.0
Dampers C. 1/1
Dampers E. 1/1
ARB. 7/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe angle. 1.00/1.00
Brakes. 5/6

LSD. Front. 5/40/5
LSD. Rear. 5/60/5
Torque split. 45/55

112/4.300
1. 2.342
2. 1.747
3. 1.446
4. 1.223
5. 1.048
6. .898

I added the wing but only had it at 5. I removed it and did a .483 do not sure if it helps.

WhoosieGirl, in wich Lancer do you drive for this event and wich upgrades did you put on the car to drive so fast?

WhoosieGirl, in wich Lancer do you drive for this event and wich upgrades did you put on the car to drive so fast?

I used the 2003 Evo VIII RS I added the sports computer and all the weight reduction (Stage 3,windows and hood).
I added the wing but, I was able to be within a few hundreths without it also.

I used the 2003 Evo VIII RS I added the sports computer and all the weight reduction (Stage 3,windows and hood).
I added the wing but, I was able to be within a few hundreths without it also.

Ah I already had that car in my garage, gonna rebuild it with your settings and see what I can do with it, Thanks!

2003 Evo VIII RS
Stage 3 weight reduction, windows and hood, sport computer.

Ride Height 150/150
Springs. 9.0/8.0
Dampers C. 1/1
Dampers E. 1/1
ARB. 7/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe angle. 1.00/1.00
Brakes. 5/6

LSD. Front. 5/40/5
LSD. Rear. 5/60/5
Torque split. 45/55

112/4.300
1. 2.342
2. 1.747
3. 1.446
4. 1.223
5. 1.048
6. .898

I added the wing but only had it at 5. I removed it and did a .483 so not sure if it helps.

Thanks! Brought me down to 1:14:085. Tomorrow I want to get in the 1:13:XXX, but it also depends on the alcohol intake tonight :)

Thanks Whoosier! I'm down to a 1:12.884, tied for 2nd place with pirata. :lol:

It was gonna be a low .8, but I went a bit wide of the last turn and nearly hit the wall so I had to correct the car a bit. :(

Thanks Whoosier! I'm down to a 1:12.884, tied for 2nd place with pirata. :lol:

It was gonna be a low .8, but I went a bit wide of the last turn and nearly hit the wall so I had to correct the car a bit. :(

Wow, congratulations and your welcome Doodle! I was a little worried about posting it because I didn't work on it that long but, I sure liked how it drove. I wish they still had the live leaderboard, I've been wondering how long I would last in the top 10.

Cheers whoosier I couldn't find any car or tune that felt right on my own (been playing way too much richard burns rally) but yours did the trick golded it first try

Back