More Assetto Corsa Competizione Console Gameplay Video: Direct Capture PS4 Pro

This is the point of where at least an option would serve well.

They suggest locked at 30 so everything is stable & fluid (completely fair & understood imo)

However for those of us who are happier to accept a bit of instability/screen tearing & what not at least give us the option to have it unlocked.

What's the point of making all these new Tv's with freesync & whatnot if games creators don't allow us the option to use it?

Physics and audio being intant is all good but 30fps is going to murder this game, even to those now saying it’s fine.

I get the 30 fps issue but its not a deal breaker. When I bounce between AC and PC2 the fps is the last thing I notice about what separates them.

That footage looked fine. Just happy to be getting a real sim.

What are you talking about? Both of these run at 60fps.

What are you talking about? Both of these run at 60fps.[/QUOTE]

Take it easy cool guy. My mistake. I thought AC ran at 30.

Ill use Dirt and WRC then. I think WRC is a much better experience and that runs at 30.

I agree this one looks better (sound/physics look good) but it's still a bit jerky (frame pacing issues?) - just focus only in the background moving/jumping when the car turns left or right from cockpit view - even at 30 fps the movement should be a bit more regular than what it is.
Also noticed after the end race of the race, when the pilot is jumping (animation) at 9:33s - that the car in the middle has the tyres/rims as if they were in movement despite it being static. Side cars do appear as they should.

Well,this gameplay is quite better than the 2 previous ones here on GTPLANET.

Finally cockpit view and played with steering wheel.

But knowing that PS4 Pro in 1080p output mode has improved:
* Draw distances
* Anti-aliasing
* Post process effects
* Particle effects

I still want a gameplay on Base PS4 that doesn't have the improved graphics/details to see what to expect.

And Also a night,rain and night with rain gameplay to see how framerate goes

I get the 30 fps issue but its not a deal breaker. When I bounce between AC and PC2 the fps is the last thing I notice about what separates them.

That footage looked fine. Just happy to be getting a real sim.
Me too bro...honestly, it looks fine!

Looks good. I'm buying on Tuesday and won't be able to play until Wednesday, if even then. I can't wait.

Looks good to me. Excited to get it.

Im sure a bunch of people will still piss and moan about it. I might start a counter to see how many whiners show up.

I think it looks ok.

I gues I will buy it after this first few reviews come in, unless there is something really bad about it we havent learned about yet.

I am no alien, and mostly play vs AI. From this video I think it should be posibel to get some good races against the AI.

But yes would be great if it will run better on PS5.

As much as I think Kunos and especially 505 games have made an utter dogs breakfast of releasing this game I am still intrigued, which frankly is ridiculous.

I still have doubts about their support for the console version, given the absence of them doing anything to support it so far. For example, I see hopes of a patch to improve performance after release - its exactly that sort of thing I have serious doubts over.

I have seen a few comments (that I can't confirm) that Kunos didn't do the console port, it was farmed out to a 3rd party - who knows, but it makes sense and would explain Kunos's apathy, the technical issues and it being just a bit of a cash grab by 505.

I don't think 30fps is the end of the world, but the pacing does seem off and is an issue.
I wonder if that gets worse on the base console (no pro, never got round to upgrading and there is no point now).

Makes you wonder what else doesn't work properly doesn't it. If it wasn't for the first DLC being included with pre-order I wouldn't consider it, seems I'm playing right in to their hands.

There’s much higher input latency at 30 fps. It’s fine for adventures and arcade racing, but it seriously hinders your ability to be precise with your driving. Hope this clears that :cheers:
that's no secret. but for entry level sim racer on PS4 is enough.
otherwise get a PC and have fun.

Back