Erron Black

16_mkximages01.jpg

Shinnok

16_mkximages02.jpg

Jax

16_mkximages05.jpg

Baraka

16_mkximages06.jpg

And the candidate for funniest Fatality...

16_mkximages21.jpg

That is gameplay (as opposed to just story mode footage). He indeed was, but it was unknown if he was just there for the story mode or playable.

Somehow I missed this, but here it is anyway:

Take particular note of Sub Zero. Note that he has the exact same eyes as Kitana did in the story mode trailer. I've had a theory ever since it was revealed that was not Bi-Han that quite possibly even though he died as a robot, he was another possessed soul of Quan-Chi as a human and whatever happened in story mode, must have broken him from Quan-Chi's control (same for Kitana and Kung Lao and even Jax) and this seems to all but confirm that theory. Now why Jade and Nightwolf weren't so lucky I have no idea but the release is getting closer so more interesting things could be happening. This story just continues to get more interesting.

Quitalities. :lol: Love the fact that Netherealm Studios are taking rage quitters seriously by adding a in game death penalty where the quitter's character gets his head blown off.

I could imagine if this leads to NRS adding something similar to the bad sport system from GTA Online to MKX. It would make it more punishing and would teach those rage quitters a lesson.

Just revealed, the Kombat Pack:

In order of appearance:

Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th)
Tanya (Mortal Kombat 4)
Tremor (Mortal Kombat Special Forces)
Predator

Dammit NRS, you're givin me diabeetus.

Edit:

Interestingly, they come as packs themselves each with three skins:

The Ultimate Horror Pack:

Playable Character Jason Vorhees
Vampress Mileena
Kraken Reptile
Pharaoh Ermac

The Klassic Kharacter Pack 1:

Playable Character Tanya
Klassic Skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang

The Predator/Prey Pack:

Playable Character Predator
Commando Johnny Cage
Infrared Scorpion
Carl Weathers Jax

The Klassic Kharacter Pack 2:

Playable character Tremor
Klassic Skins for Quan Chi, Kung Lao and Jax

Also, Liu Kang is confirmed for MKX.

Last edited:
How much more can they come up with? At the rate it's going the number of skins will surpass Injustice, and as many costume changes as comic characters go through, that's impressive.

Looked at a link from Maxim Russia's Channel and found this...the Shaolin Trailer:

It appears my theory regarding the souls of the dead warriors is slowly but surely panning out.

Also this:

Too...much..hype...

I don't get excited for fighting games. I'm excited for this. With all we've been shown, I think even in the US the M rating may actually be conservative. Pretty sure every video I've seen has pulled two or the expletive exclamations out of me.

And RACECAR, great call on the resurrected characters.

Just released Erron Black Trailer:

Digging that dude.

Edit: Faction War Trailer:

Last edited:
Just released yesterday, the Briggs Family Trailer:

Last edited:
Looked at a link from Maxim Russia's Channel and found this...the Shaolin Trailer:

It appears my theory regarding the souls of the dead warriors is slowly but surely panning out.

Also this:

Too...much..hype...

I just watched that trailer and nowhere did I see Baraka or Onaga in the trailer. Sounds like my time just got wasted. :yuck:

Also while on YouTube, I found this. Apparently someone made a arcade cabinet for MK X. He also did arcade cabinets for other MK games as well. While it kinda bothers me for him over using Rayden for the artwork on the Arcade Cabinet, I'm not going to moan about it because this guy put a lot of effort on making this.
And also, here's his MK9 arcade project. Probably one of the most interesting things about this one is he used a hacked PS2 controller for the MK9 arcade cabinet. Yes that's right, a PS2 controller! Not too sure if he did the same with the other arcade cabinets but it's pretty sweet.

I just watched that trailer and nowhere did I see Baraka or Onaga in the trailer. Sounds like my time just got wasted. :yuck:

That's because that was not the Launch Trailer, that was a making of with the two characters teased in some of the screen shots in the studio. This is the actual Launch Trailer:

WHAT THE 🤬 DID I JUST SEE, WHAT THE 🤬 IS GOING ON IN IT, AND WHY THE 🤬 DOES IT COMPEL ME TO THINK ABOUT A NEW SYSTEM!?!?!!!!??! Even though I know it's gonna be spoiled on sites, I want to see every nasty turn of events from start to finish.

See industry, this is how you hype a game up right.

That's because that was not the Launch Trailer, that was a making of with the two characters teased in some of the screen shots in the studio. This is the actual Launch Trailer:

Damn what a freaking badass trailer. :dopey:
15/14 Like Skyrim, but with 4 extra fatalities!

Apparently someone on my friends list is already playing Mortal Kombat X. :eek:
image.jpg

Also Mortal Kombat X just started downloading for me.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I would like to ask anyone that has the game that if you are gonna post things from the story mode, do so with spoiler tags. There are those that don't want the story ruined for them.

I would like to ask anyone that has the game that if you are gonna post things from the story mode, do so with spoiler tags. There are those that don't want the story ruined for them.
Like me. Ive got it payed off on pre order. Im super hyped and ready to destroy everything.

The steam release has been an epic fail so far. They just released the "streaming" download packs, and you can't even play the game because as download packs go along, it will crash the character select screen.

The steam release has been an epic fail so far. They just released the "streaming" download packs, and you can't even play the game because as download packs go along, it will crash the character select screen.
Seems like a typical game release these days...

Started playing a few minutes after midnight. I thought to myself "Let's see what all the fuss is about". I also promised myself I wouldn't play for more than 1 hour.

I went to sleep at 3:46am.

The challenge towers are great, very reminiscent of the old MKII progression!

WOW, the animations and detail on each of the fighters I used was incredible, I didn't see damage progression like MX9 but the outfits did get stained with blood+dirt. Particle effects are also very impressive. Fire from Scorpion's eyes will put a smile on anyone's face. Raiden as well was extremely impressive.

Easy, FAST combos can be thrown very quickly, each fighter has 3 fighting "styles" which also change their look somewhat. The changes consist of weapons brought to the fight, or some special move. Again it's slight nuance but adds alot to the repertoire.

Lots of modes like training, fatality practice, single match, tower, faction match, and the Krypt will keep players entertained for a while.

I wish I could give some more detail, but I spent most of the time, fighting and getting the hang of MK again.

Good times!

Started playing a few minutes after midnight. I thought to myself "Let's see what all the fuss is about". I also promised myself I wouldn't play for more than 1 hour.

I went to sleep at 3:46am.

The challenge towers are great, very reminiscent of the old MKII progression!

WOW, the animations and detail on each of the fighters I used was incredible, I didn't see damage progression like MX9 but the outfits did get stained with blood+dirt. Particle effects are also very impressive. Fire from Scorpion's eyes will put a smile on anyone's face. Raiden as well was extremely impressive.

Easy, FAST combos can be thrown very quickly, each fighter has 3 fighting "styles" which also change their look somewhat. The changes consist of weapons brought to the fight, or some special move. Again it's slight nuance but adds alot to the repertoire.

Lots of modes like training, fatality practice, single match, tower, faction match, and the Krypt will keep players entertained for a while.

I wish I could give some more detail, but I spent most of the time, fighting and getting the hang of MK again.

Good times!
Glad to see you're enjoying the game. One thing I hope and I pray to god that they didn't brought back from MK9 for the krypt is the jumpscares. Remember that flesh pit mutant jump scare?
latest

I swear to god. Whoever told Ed Boon that this was a good idea to add in MK9 should be fired from NRS. I pray for no more jumpscares with the krypt this time on MK X.

Glad to see you're enjoying the game. One thing I hope and I pray to god that they didn't brought back from MK9 for the krypt is the jumpscares. Remember that flesh pit mutant jump scare?
latest

I swear to god. Whoever told Ed Boon that this was a good idea to add in MK9 should be fired from NRS. I pray for no more jumpscares with the krypt this time on MK X.

HA!!! That was probably the most unexpected aspect of MK9, it startled me at first then I no longer think much of it. The Krypt this time around is a much tighter space than 9. You start off in a dark graveyard, there is much more to explore but again my time has been limited.

I can say that as of this moment, Ermac is beast. Also, he has quite possibly one of the nastiest fatalities I have seen in the series.

Cheers neighbor!

HA!!! That was probably the most unexpected aspect of MK9, it startled me at first then I no longer think much of it. The Krypt this time around is a much tighter space than 9. You start off in a dark graveyard, there is much more to explore but again my time has been limited.

I can say that as of this moment, Ermac is beast. Also, he has quite possibly one of the nastiest fatalities I have seen in the series.

Cheers neighbor!
Yeah I agree. That fatality where he takes out your organs or whatever was pretty gross but hey its Mortal Kombat.

It seems like on MK X they did this sort of thing again, luckily it is definitely no where near the same level as the flesh pit mutant jumpscare. Incase you were wondering about what the jumpscare looks like on MK X, while wondering around the krypt, some dog will come up to you and attack, followed by a quick time event. Its not a cut out image like the jumpscare from MK9's krypt. I encounter this the second time I visited the Krypt on MKX. I did recorded the footage and will post it on YouTube once I get back from School.

Last edited:
I can confirm that Krypt jumpscares are back. :)

Anyway, this game is pretty awesome. The story mode is one of the best of the year, and probably the best for any fighting game.

Online play, however, is pretty bad. The game loves to crash still, and the netcode is just mediocre. It's not outstanding by any means, and when I played online I really couldn't do anything because the timing just wasn't there. This game is SUPER strict with timing. You will drop combos like hell.

Back