Most Overrated games?

• Thread starter Ellis
  • 281 comments
theotherspongey
On another note, another overrated game I think is ProjectCARS. I bought it and enjoyed it at first, but then, the physics became all wierd. Cars stuck to walls and other cars, and it's so easy to spin out, even with driving aids. I do applaud the excellent AI however. And yes, I know it's beta, but what other games have had their physics completely changed over the course of a few months?

Project Cars is not a Beta. It is a pre-alpha.
You have between a pre-alpha and a beta huge differences.
We get a Beta when the game is almost done. A pre-alpha is in the beginning of development.

The game will not be released in a few months.

ch3ng
Project Cars is not a Beta. It is a pre-alpha.
You have between a pre-alpha and a beta huge differences.
We get a Beta when the game is almost done. A pre-alpha is in the beginning of development.

The game will not be released in a few months.

Still does not change my opinion. It's still hugely overrated, even at pre-alpha stage.

theotherspongey
Still does not change my opinion. It's still hugely overrated, even at pre-alpha stage.

You should really hope you don't get into any testing programs for games or it will ruin gaming for you.

I liked hot pursuit. Mainly the free play.
Now i will admit the free play was good:tup: but what i really didn't like is it wasn't anything like the old ones i was used to playing, too hard, too glitchy and it wasn't made by my favorite company .:nervous:
Almost every NFS game After NFS Carbon. Carbon wasn't bad, And I loved most of the games before it (Mostly Underground 1, because I grew up with it). But the series began going downhill after Carbon, and yet NFS' popularity was still increasing :confused:.
EDIT: Sorry for the bad grammar. The grammar side of my head is deciding not to work today.
Yea i can understand that, frankly i think once shift came out that was when they completely died!
I'd agree. Hop on the Anti-newer-NFS-games bandwagon everybody!
Yea i agree! Unless they make Need for Speed Underground 3. P.S. all this is just my personal opinion.

Need for speed is lost to me now. Once it strayed it never came back properly for me in my opinion after carbon.

I don't think NFS games are as bad as some people are saying here; Hot Pursuit was probably the best one in a long while, and Pro Street is probably the best one to come from, I think it was Black Box? I also agree with GT5 being extremely overrated, especially with the amount of hype it recieved.

On another note, another overrated game I think is ProjectCARS. I bought it and enjoyed it at first, but then, the physics became all wierd. Cars stuck to walls and other cars, and it's so easy to spin out, even with driving aids. I do applaud the excellent AI however. And yes, I know it's beta, but what other games have had their physics completely changed over the course of a few months?

You do know that there is at least 3 quarters of a year till Pcars is released right?

GT5, the previous 4 were amazing games but 5 came up really short on everything. And the fact they used PS2 models for a PS3 game really disappointed me too. I've never been so excited, then disappointed in any game. To me it's one of the most botched launches in recent gaming history.

Diablo 3, pretty much for the same reasons as GT5.

I can't see this next nfs being too great either. Since this.black box developer came in its been naff.

I can't see this next nfs being too great either. Since this.black box developer came in its been naff.

Black Box = EA Canada. Makers of your loved Underground1&2, Carbon, Undercover, etc

Criterion is in full control of the NFS franchise now. It gives me hope to be quite honest.

In Criterion we trust. Burnout Paradise is still the best racing game of this generation, and they steered the NFS boat back in the right direction with Hot Pursuit. If EA lets Criterion do their thing, the street racing side of the NFS franchise has a ton of upside on the way.

In Criterion we trust. Burnout Paradise is still the best racing game of this generation, and they steered the NFS boat back in the right direction with Hot Pursuit. If EA lets Criterion do their thing, the street racing side of the NFS franchise has a ton of upside on the way.

I disagree with Burnout being the best racer this generation, but I think Criterion has definitely done the NFS franchise good and Most Wanted looks fantastic so i have no objections to them taking over the franchise.

GTAIV. All the missions feel the same after some time. And the side quests were boring. Some fun moments, but too few for such a massive world.

Assassins Creed. Should have been called Repetitions Creed. I hope ACIII Is better. The mechanics were fantastic, but the extreme repetition was awful.

Crysis. Good, but nothing more. The expansive environments were good.

Final Fantasy XIII. You can explore all the corridors once.

On the open world/on rails debate, a good balance is probably the most interesting scenario. A large area that can be approached in several ways, but not too big where you end up losing focus and narrative. I'm hoping that MGS Ground Zeroes can deliver that.

Stradivis
On the open world/on rails debate, a good balance is probably the most interesting scenario. A large area that can be approached in several ways, but not too big where you end up losing focus and narrative. I'm hoping that MGS Ground Zeroes can deliver that.

I urge you to check out Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The original is pretty old now but is still very, very good. Maybe a little annoying in that when you start out as a highly trained cyborg super agent type guy you can't even hit the broad side of a barn at three yards with a handgun, but many people will tell you that if you're using guns then you're doing it wrong.

neema_t
I urge you to check out Deus Ex and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The original is pretty old now but is still very, very good. Maybe a little annoying in that when you start out as a highly trained cyborg super agent type guy you can't even hit the broad side of a barn at three yards with a handgun, but many people will tell you that if you're using guns then you're doing it wrong.

Heard good things about them, but I'm not the biggest fan of FPS. But I loved the two Batman games, and I think Arkham City had a very good balance between size and focus, and having all those gadgets and such a great combat system... A very good game.

GTA and Crysis

First one because I simply don't like it and the second because the graphic wh:censored:s rated it way too high.

GTA and Crysis

First one because I simply don't like it and the second because the graphic wh:censored:s rated it way too high.

Indeed. The game itself is just an ok game. Nothing revolutionary. I liked the large areas, but those Korean soldiers can see you from a mile away, so you're either in stealth mode or you're being spoted all the time. And also, the weapons were very regular. In general, Killzone 2 felt better and more interesting. Have yet to try KZ3.

i hated MW3, however i dont think all of them were bad, black ops was ok, WaW is my personal favorite and COD4 was good

Almost all popular games.

I believe you need this shirt:

hipster_gamer_gamerstable_t_t_shirt-rdb3d13dcea364e659198162b66baa420_f0cz5_512.jpg

Back