Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
The track's fine, it was a combination of spray and low sun that set that one up.

But the road's width and close proximity to the walls didn't help matters, though. Being tight, they just funneled the cars in like ping-pong balls, so escape routes were few and far between. Had it been a wider track, perhaps the pileup could've been smaller... (ergo, most cars would stay in the gravel/grass and away from the track itself)

Well they choose the right track to set up such a crash; with such tight roads and so little visibility, it's was a crash cocktail waiting to happen...

It's basically a corridor mate.

So is any track lined by concrete walls.
What's your point?
I suppose you want to ban Monaco, Macau & anywhere that isn't surrounded by acres of wide open space like the modern Tilke tracks?

The track's fine, it was a combination of spray and low sun that set that one up.

But the road's width and close proximity to the walls didn't help matters, though. Being tight, they just funneled the cars in like ping-pong balls, so escape routes were few and far between. Had it been a wider track, perhaps the pileup could've been smaller... (ergo, most cars would stay in the gravel/grass and away from the track itself)
It never ceases to amaze me that Australia, a country with more actual country than almost any other, has all these piddly, wee tracks. See all those acres of nothing? Use some of it.

It never ceases to amaze me that Australia, a country with more actual country than almost any other, has all these piddly, wee tracks. See all those acres of nothing? Use some of it.
I now demand a circuit down under that's twice the size as the Nurburgring, and with as many corners. :lol:

I now demand a circuit down under that's twice the size as the Nurburgring, and with as many corners. :lol:
We've got more than enough space to build a replica of all the famous tracks throughout the world.
What we don't have, thanks to our premier category's obsession with temporary street circuits, is the funding available to do so.
They convince the relevant state government a street circuit is the answer to all the problems, millions are spent & they eventually leave.
The money poured into these temporary circuses could've left us with multiple new tracks built to FIA top level.
It pisses me off :irked:

Tracks like Symmons Plains, Sandown and Barbagallo and what not are all very old a classic tracks that haven't changed all that majorly since their originally construction. Sandown has added extra corners and moved the pit lane, but they're on very restricted land (and very worthy land). I don't think Symmons Plains has changed at all layout wise since it was originally created, although they did move the pitlane.

Tracks like Symmons Plains, Sandown and Barbagallo and what not are all very old a classic tracks that haven't changed all that majorly since their originally construction. Sandown has added extra corners and moved the pit lane, but they're on very restricted land (and very worthy land). I don't think Symmons Plains has changed at all layout wise since it was originally created, although they did move the pitlane.
Symmons Plains generally speaking is the original layout.
The only mods to what's now the final two corners was a slight widening of the track & slight re-profiling.
It's noticeable if you have a look at races from 20 odd years ago.

Tuero went on to do a "Nico Rosberg" and suddenly announce his retirement at the peak of his talent.
It wasn't a retirement. The Ferrari Illuminati Association got Esteban Tuero banned from Formula 1 because they saw that Tuero was quickly becoming the greatest driver of his generation and, car permitting, would have beaten Schumacher to all of those championships in the 00's if he wasn't immediately dealt with.

/s

Back