Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,373 comments

Deja vu

unknown.png

Larry_Chen_speedhunters_Formula_drift_atlanta_jr_fredric-6.jpg

When I see a rollover from Talladega or Daytona posted here, I go in thinking it is going to be big. I have to say, that was one of the gentlest NASCAR rollovers I've seen in a while.

Last edited:
I watched it this morning, due to it being described as "crash sends car airborne in NASCAR"... Extremely gentle compared to what I was expecting!!!

Surely an OMG/WTF moment from NASCAR would be a race where someone doesn't roll. There's nothing remarkable about that crash at all.

It took a big hit in the rear corner (from either the #78 running forwards or the rearward-spinning #77) then before it was settled got a good shove along the track, looks like that was plenty to flip him.
Yeah, I just think it was really odd how it happened. I don't think I've ever seen it happen like that. Looked like a video game. :lol:

No wonder John Cleland called Steve Soper an "animal". Looking at the way he slides a stock BMW in almost every single corner, he wasn't driving at anything lower than 120% agression.

And speaking of Cleland, his "commentary" makes the video commendation-worthy.

"Oi Hoy spun it! Whooo! Yehawwwhaha!"

That made for a good laugh, definitely. :lol:👍

I dunno, they've let them race Caravans, Buses, Aircraft Vehicles and Taxis in the past.

No, I meant the manufacturers wouldn't allow their models to be tested in such a way like that, bit of a laugh aside or not, lest they look "12 seconds slower than the BMW".

They'd pull a Ferrari and send an exclusive one-off model with nitrogen-filled tyres and the like.

Which isn't beyond suspicion in the original video anyway. ;)

Latest Posts

Back