Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 5,369 comments
@Populuxe Cowboy - I get parents using names from different cultures but, by God, why do people misspell names on purpose? Why do people repurpose surnames and nicknames? Uniquely stupid ain't a feature.

@daan - Well, all of those names come from top10 riders of the Amateur Supercross Nationals that happened in Las Vegas a few days ago. The vet classes (30+, 35+ and 40+) are refreshing in a way, it's all reasonable names.

@Jimlaad43 - That's why I said "Millennial and Gen X parents were a mistake", I know full well the kids aren't to blame.

PS: Don't make me look for the full results, I'm sure I can find even crazier stuff!

@die996 as a person born in the mid-90s, I can safely say your opinion has not been received very well.
I didn't come here to kiss anybody's ass. Also, I'm from 1991, did you think I'm some 1970s kid? Names are supposed to be a nice easy way to identify yourself. Names are not meant to be a political statement, not meant to highlight what the parents' hobbies are, not meant to highlight parents themselves... Do I have to remind you of the Abcde incident?

I still remember the hilarity when Khaleesi from Game of Thrones turned out to be a genocidal maniac. In Spain, as many as 15 kids had been named like that, a TV show found all the parents and all wanted to change the kid's name! In the USA, someone named their kid "Madden", you have to be a certain kind of special to name your kid like your favorite videogame/NFL coach. :banghead:

OMG, someone made iRacing's glitches a real thing!

PS: looking at the aftermath, they also made post-crash stupidity a reality too.

"The #721 then clipped the right rear of the #630, launching it into the air and flipping it over." This description really confused me until I saw the footage and the 721was the car that had flipped and not the 630. Stupid pronouns. :lol:

This is probably for debate but, in all of your guys in opinion what is your top 10 worst drivers in all of motorsports?
Mine are:
1. Taki Inoue (F1)
2. Yuji Ide (F1)
3. Jennifer Jo Cobb (Nascar)
4. Milka Duno (Indycar)
5. Chanoch Nissany (F1)
6. Luca Badoer (F1)
7. Alex Yoong (F1)
8. Brandon Jones (Nascar)
9. Danica Patrick (Nascar) - Indycar was good though.
10. Vitaly Petrov (F1)

This is probably for debate but, in all of your guys in opinion what is your top 10 worst drivers in all of motorsports?
Mine are:
1. Taki Inoue (F1)
2. Yuji Ide (F1)
4. Milka Duno (Indycar)
5. Chanoch Nissany (F1)
6. Luca Badoer (F1)
7. Alex Yoong (F1)
10. Vitaly Petrov (F1)

That's something to create a new thread about.

Mine are:
1. Taki Inoue (F1)
2. Yuji Ide (F1)
4. Milka Duno (Indycar)
5. Chanoch Nissany (F1)
6. Luca Badoer (F1)
7. Alex Yoong (F1)
10. Vitaly Petrov (F1)
It's very debatable. To call a driver the worst, you'd have to consider their whole career. In 2005's Formula Nippon, Yuji Ide finished second in Formula Nippon. Above drivers with the calibre of Andre Lotterer, Benoit Treluyer and Sakon Yamamoto.

Luca Badoer was a solid driver for teams at the back of F1 fields and won the F3000 against good drivers like Barrichello, Coulthard and McNish. If you're basing it off 2009, it should be remembered that he hadn't driven an F1 car in a race since 1999.

Vitaly Petrov is a poor choice. He got a podium. You can't be one of the worst professional racing drivers if you've got a podium at the top level.

So the most varied motorsport event in the World happened today... THE 2019 HONDA RACING THANKS DAY!

The schedule includes:
· A trials exhibition with a former World Champion
· A relay kart race with 9 Honda drivers and 9 Honda riders
· A Honda Grom race with several top Honda riders
· A Suzuka Racing School all-star race with some of their most famous alumni
· An all-Honda GT500 race
· An all-Honda Super Formula race
· A Red Bull F1 exhibition with Danil Kvyat (he also appeared in the kart race and the GT500 race)
· Parades with both classic and modern Honda Racing machinery

THINGS TO ADD/CHANGE FOR THE FUTURE
· The Grom race should be in a different circuit
· What about some kind of supermoto race with like CRF150?
· Multi-class all-NSX race GT500 + GT3
· Multi-class all-Honda race Indycar + Super Formula

How does the drain one fit in? The other things were all on him, they knew not so much (unless he was warned, I watched on mute with a sleeping baby in my lap).

You can hardly blame the loose drain cover on Grosjean. And I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on the fourth one. It looks like the driver in front of him suddenly went from the inside line to the middle of the track right in front of him, Grosjean moved out to avoid him and the car spun out. Just bad racing luck.

I'd never thought a motorbike crash in Macau would make me laugh so hard at 4:00 on a Sunday but here we are...

I'm talking about the pile-up, not the 2-motorbike crash. Nobody got seriously injured in those crashes and you gotta admit the 2nd one is cartoony to say the least.

I'm glad no one was hurt, but no, I do not find those crashes funny in the least. Maybe it's because I'm a motorcyclist and I know the forces at play.

Back