Motorsport OMG / WTF moments - Racing Funnies, Fails, Crashes, And Randomness

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Furinkazen, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

And I was riding motorcycles 20 years before you were born. So what? I didn't tell you you're not allowed to find these crashes funny. I told you I don't find them funny.

John Wells likes this.
  2. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Imagine having a broken penalty system in real life.

3. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

How's that funny? It's friggin' horrifying.

4. die996

die996

In the PS2 game Riding Spirits 2, if you fall at certain spots in front of the group, you can make all of the 11 opponents fall together. The game's AI has a crash-avoidance system but, sometimes, it's just too much for them and they have very big pile-ups.

Also, how can I not laugh? Even without the videogame reference, nobody got seriously hurt during this literal amateur hour (outside the top10, no rider is a pro, some don't even have much experience outside club racing) to the point that some dude ignores the yellow flags entirely and also eats it.

The best sportbike road racers can do alright in major national track competitions (I'm talking about like British, Japanese, Spanish, US nationals), some even in international stuff, but a lot of them are literal club racers. The average gap between Hizal (top Euro) and a C-class driver like me (104%) is SMALLER than the gap between the poleman and whoever qualified 15th out of 28.

5. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Zero-G tyre change:

6. Roo

Roo Premium

From the 1976 South African GP:

[​IMG]

Lilium, PaMu1337, G.T.Ace and 5 others like this.
  7. Roo

Roo Premium

Double post, I know, but...

WTF did I just watch?!?

Quakebass, XJ40, psychoazubi and 4 others like this.
  8. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

Cross promotion between Frozen 2 and Formula E, and I have to admit that's pretty hilarious.

9. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

Now, I really didn't like the first Frozen, but the only things I'll say about this promo are that the CGI overlays are horrible and Olaf is having a really rough time out there. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but come on...

Still think the CTR promo they did earlier this year was far better - it even had commentary!

John Wells and Roo like this.
  10. DK

DK Premium

"How do you do, fellow kids?"

TheCracker and Spacegoat like this.
  11. die996

die996

When I get bored, I start search finding for motorsports on YouTube. Sometimes, I find the weirdest things, things I couldn't even imagine.

I almost died laughing when stuff started to LITERALLY fall apart. Is that a hidden message about Royal Enfield?

John Wells likes this.
  12. daan

daan Moderator

At what point in the hour long video did stuff LITERALLY fall apart?

Roger the Horse likes this.
  13. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

I literally couldn't tell and I literally clicked four or five random points in the video ready to become literally amazed. Didn't happen though.

At over an hour it's a hell of a moment.

baldgye likes this.
  14. Liquid

Liquid Premium

DK, Populuxe Cowboy and Roo like this.
  15. die996

die996

Sorry for not responding, there is a moment where part of the trackside decorations/promotional stuff falls apart. Let me scroll through this so I can find it...

Right at 20:00, the participants of the 2nd race of the video manage to knock down one of the arches. It's quite amusing as it looks like it might be made from some cheap plastic, I swear to God any strong-ish wind would've knocked down all the arches. :lol:

In Baja California (Mexico), one of the biggest WTF moments in recent offroad history was confirmed. The barely-improved #1121 Volkswagen Beetle driven by Dennis Hollenbeck, Armando Salazar and Luís Vázquez managed to finish the 52nd SCORE Baja 1000 within the time limit. They completed the 800 miles in 33 hours and 49 minutes, less than 10 minutes before the time limit. It is the first time in many years that a Class11 car (barely-improved classic VW Beetles) finished a Baja 1000 in time.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, Jenson Button (TT Spec), Alexander Rossi (Class7) and Rhys Millen (Class1) to just name a few names you might recognize all failed to finish.
    [​IMG]

16. Dylan

Dylan Premium

17. Ether

Ether

If only Vettel had the mad skills required to pull that off at COTA :p

PaMu1337 and Dylan like this.
  18. Carbonox

Carbonox

Mahaveer Ragnunathan accumulating enough penalty points for a second race ban in one season, and the sanctioning body failing to award him that, constitutes quite the OMGWTF moment if you ask me.

die996, John Wells, twitcher and 3 others like this.
  19. Liquid

Liquid Premium

This is so dumb and puerile but it really tickles me.

Roo, twitcher, John Wells and 2 others like this.
  20. TheCracker

TheCracker Premium

To be fair to Cosworth, they did come 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in that race too ;) (plus 7th - 17th as well)

21. Roger the Horse

Roger the Horse

Anyway I think if we're going to be talking about WTF moments in motor racing the one most worth talking about is the total failure of the F1 television directors to cover the incredible battles taking place in the midfield

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2019
    Quakebass, John Wells, die996 and 2 others like this.
  22. Dylan

Dylan Premium

This was during the 25 Hours of Thunderhill.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019 at 10:38 PM
  23. die996

die996

I don't think the views justify the amount of money used to film and edit this but, BY GOD, keep doing it, Bryce Menzies!

I remember when you had to buy VHS tapes or DVDs to get stuff this good.

twitcher, Roo and John Wells like this.
  24. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Alpha Rossi Torro Tauri Rosso prank Gasly:

John Wells and Populuxe Cowboy like this.
  25. FutureF1

FutureF1

26. die996

die996

So the French have a freaking SAND RACING CHAMPIONSHIP for dirtbikes. It's not beach racing, it's SAND racing. Why is it not beach racing? Because one of the worst motorsport races in the World is in this championship and it's not on a beach, it's on a forest.

Why is it so incredibly awful? Well, just look at the course map!!! I'd literally boycott the race every year if I was racing the championship. Who thought this was okay!? It's Minos' wet dream!

[​IMG]

27. twitcher

twitcher

Have you ever watched “From Dust to Glory”?

28. UnkaD

UnkaD

I bet that track designer is a master at Snake.

die996 likes this.
  29. die996

die996

Do you know there's a Dust 2 Glory? They released a sequel in 2019.

twitcher likes this.
  30. twitcher

twitcher

Wuuuuut??? Didn’t know that, very cool :tup: Do you know where it’s available? Netflix?