Movie Quotes with a twist

  • Thread starter Thread starter TB
  • 190 comments
  • 9,408 views
yay!
ok...lets see

"lost, how could you get lost, i drew you a map!"
and...
"this aint no bridge, its termites holding hands"

its prolly easy..but ohwell
 
The second quote sounds like Romancing the Stone, but I don't remember if that's for sure. And the first quote I don't recall from that movie, so I'm probably wrong.
 
That one with the writer that moves to the country ... crap, can't think of the name.
 
Oh! Funny Farm?

Keep it simple on this one ... "As you wish"
 
Funny Farm?

EDIT: D'OH.

Star Wars.

"We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and The Uptown Five."
 
Okay, technically LoudMusic guessed before donbenni, so I'll respond to his post.

I believe the answer is The Princess Bride.

Here's my quote:

"Wait, Mr. Officer! STOP! I mean, there are these people in my parents' house and...and...they're eating all their FOOD!"
 
Technically i understood that. So i answered LoudMusics by saying Star Wars. DarthVader says "As you wish" all the time.

So technically, we'll have to wait for LM to get here so he can tell us all.
 
Darth Maul says it in The Phantom Menace as well
 
donbenni
Funny Farm?

EDIT: D'OH.

Star Wars.

"We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and The Uptown Five."
High Fidelity.....

"Keep your damn filthy bones outta my mouth."
 
Flerbizky
High Fidelity.....

"Keep your damn filthy bones outta my mouth."

Army of Darkness

Well, last I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen
 
HUDSONJONES
Army of Darkness

Well, last I heard, there were a billion screaming Chinamen

Red Dawn

"My name is Gladiator."
 
Just Kidding

"You ever notice that all the prices end in nine? Damn, that's eerie."
 
Clerks

"High school is a lot like prison: Bad food, high fences; the sex you want, you ain't gettin', the sex you gettin', you don't want."
 
LoudMusic
Oh! Funny Farm?

Keep it simple on this one ... "As you wish"

I know that everyone is saying "Star wars".
But it could also be "The Princess Bride".
Of course Anderton also said that...

Donbenni,
Is your's "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"? or perhaps "Dangerous Minds"?

I obviously haven't seen it in any case. :lol:
 
donbenni
Clerks

"High school is a lot like prison: Bad food, high fences; the sex you want, you ain't gettin', the sex you gettin', you don't want."

Sorry Gil, it's The New Guy

"I realize that I'm the president of this company, the man that's responsible for everything that goes on here. So, I want to state, right now, that anything that happened is not my fault."
 
Give us another clue, don't let the thread die because there's not much else to do around here lately while we all await GT4, unless of course you want to argue about Bush/Kerry or Americans and their guns...
 
Random guesses.

Mousehunt?

Other People's Money?

Robocop?
 
Ha ha ha Famine. Here are my random guesses:

The Dog Who Stopped the War

Chicken Run

Bubba Ho-Tep

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: Turtles in Time

Jake Speed

Things to do in Denver When You're Dead
 
"How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying."

OK, here is mine. It's easy-schmeasy.

"Now, go do, that voodoo, that you do, so well."
lw2145g.jpg
 
It's been a week, so does anybody have a guess? Or, do you want this thread to die?
 
That looks like Gene Hackman in the picture, but I don't recognize the movie. Either The Quick and The Dead or Unforgiven? I know it's not Quick and The Dead...hell, it's probably not even Hackman, and if so I've just made an arse of myself!
 
That's Harvey Kormann, Playing Hedy Lamar in "Blazing Saddles".
(Only the funniest movie ever).

How about:
"There's two dudes out there dressed like Hasidic Jews and one of them wants a loaf of dry white toast. The other one wants fo' fried chickens and a coke."
 
Hmmm, sounds like two guys on a mission from God.
 
It does indeed sound a bit like the Blues Brothers.

Next:

#1 - Well, using layman's terms: you use a rotating magnetic field to focus a narrow beam of gravitons. Those in turn, fold space/time, consistent with vail tensile dynamics, until the space/time curvature becomes infinitely large and produce a singularity. Now, the singularity . . .

#2 - Layman's terms?

#3 - Well, fu** layman's terms. Do you speak English?
 
Anderton
Is it Event Horizon? (shudder)

You are correct.

And I know what you mean.
 
Back