Movie Trivia Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 503 comments
  • 22,237 views
Space Monkey. :lol: Don't feel bad, I fell for it too.

I'm gonna steal a turn here:
How did Lois Lane's first encounter with the Superman(1978) take place?

I just rented this movie and just realized that I had never seen it before!
 
a6m5
Space Monkey. :lol: Don't feel bad, I fell for it too.

I'm gonna steal a turn here:
How did Lois Lane's first encounter with the Superman(1978) take place?

I just rented this movie and just realized that I had never seen it before!
She fell out of a helicopter that crashed at the top of the Daily Planet. Superman caught her.

I just saw something about the impossible feats of this movie, and this was one of them. She had to be falling at a human's terminal velocity of 140mph, or so. He, in order to get to her in time, had to be traveling 100,000mph at the time he caught her. The impact of hitting the ground would have been a softer on her body. Funny stuff.
 
Solid Lifters
She fell out of a helicopter that crashed at the top of the Daily Planet. Superman caught her.

I just saw something about the impossible feats of this movie, and this was one of them. She had to be falling at a human's terminal velocity of 140mph, or so. He, in order to get to her in time, had to be traveling 100,000mph at the time he caught her. The impact of hitting the ground would have been a softer on her body. Funny stuff.
I haven't even gotten to that part yet, so answer is NO!
 
a6m5
I haven't even gotten to that part yet, so answer is NO!
D'oh! Didn't mean to spoil anything for ya, sorry.

You rented it? DirecTV has been airing this movie, HBO, for the past several days. Don't have that?
 
Solid Lifters
D'oh! Didn't mean to spoil anything for ya, sorry.

You rented it? DirecTV has been airing this movie, HBO, for the past several days. Don't have that?
That's quite alright. :D No, I don't have cable or satellite.
 
OK, this is just a guess; was she the little girl on the train who saw the young Clark Kent run faster than the train?

I sure hope you got to this part.
 
Solid Lifters
OK, this is just a guess; was she the little girl on the train who saw the young Clark Kent run faster than the train?

I sure hope you got to this part.
:lol: I sure did. You are correct, sir, and it is your turn!
 
List two items Jake and Elwood mention when trashing the mall during their car chase scene.
 
Solid Lifters
List two items Jake and Elwood mention when trashing the mall during their car chase scene.

er... in which movie?
 
Blues Bros i presume :sly:
 
I haven't seen that for OVER 10 years, so a bit of a guess but a microphone and a guitar?
 
TheCracker
Blues Bros i presume :sly:
Yes, that's it. But then, did Jake and Elwood make a second movie?

live4speed
I haven't seen that for OVER 10 years, so a bit of a guess but a microphone and a guitar?

Nope and nope.
 
Oh, I thought they had the same names in Blues Brothers 2000...

Anyway, a police car and a table?
 
Diego440
Oh, I thought they had the same names in Blues Brothers 2000...

No, that was Elwood Blues and Mighty Mack McTeer.


Anyway, a police car and a table?

No, those were items seen in the mall. I'm talking about what items the Blues brothers mention while driving through the mall. There are three items, one with a brand name, a service and a store name were also named, to be exact. It's a very funny exchange and I'm surprised so many of you don't know it.
 
Solid Lifters
No, that was Elwood Blues and Mighty Mack McTeer.




No, those were items seen in the mall. I'm talking about what items the Blues brothers mention while driving through the mall. There are three items, one with a brand name, a service and a store name were also named, to be exact. It's a very funny exchange and I'm surprised so many of you don't know it.

Disco Dancing Hair Cuts ?

Burger place? (cant remember the name)

Baby clothers?

thats about as close as i can get without watching the film again

Spec....
 
Specialized
Disco Dancing Hair Cuts ?

Burger place? (cant remember the name)

Baby clothers?

thats about as close as i can get without watching the film again

Spec....
You got hair cuts (the service), but not the actual items I'm looking for, but you are so damn close! Two things you mentioned are almost spot on, but they aren't items as you've listed them.
 
Disco Pants and Haircuts....
 
Sting
Disco Pants and Haircuts....
Disco pants are one item. Haricuts are a service.

One more, and you get the win.
 
Gotta be the baby clothes, cause they say this mall has everything or something along those lines.

I love when they crash into the car dealership and Elwood says the new Oldsmobiles are in early. lol
 
Sting
Gotta be the baby clothes, cause they say this mall has everything or something along those lines.

I love when they crash into the car dealership and Elwood says the new Oldsmobiles are in early. lol
Baby clothes, Oldsmobiles and Disco pants were the items.

Pier Imports was the store they mentioned, along with "haircuts" and Jake saying "This mall has everything!"

"They broke my watch!" was a funny line said by a cop who rolled over in the mall. I would have accepted that item too, even though Jake or Elwood didn't say it.

Funniest part of the movie, IMO.

Clerk at Toys 'R Us: "Can I help you, sir?"

Customer holding a Muppet: "Do you have a 'Miss Piggy?'"

:lol:

Your go, Sting.
 
probably easy....

Which musician/filmmaker has recently been confirmed to write and direct the next Halloween film?
 
Sting
probably easy....

Which musician/filmmaker has recently been confirmed to write and direct the next Halloween film?

Sounds like something Rob Zombie would do.
 
Diego440
Sounds like something Rob Zombie would do.

Give that man a cigar, your go.
 
In the mid-80s, a movie was set out to be called "1984 and a 1/2", but when the movie "1984" was released, the idea was scrapped, and the movie went on to be called... Which was it?
 
Brazil.

had one of my fav actors... Bob Hoskins. lol
 
Big Bob is a great actor, brilliant in The long good Friday.
 
Sting
Brazil.

had one of my fav actors... Bob Hoskins. lol

and it's a great movie indeed.

Your go
 
In the 2005 film Kingdom of Heaven, King Baldwin IV suffered from which disease?
 
Back