Movie Trivia Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 503 comments
  • 22,234 views
I was being clever using his full name, Neo worked for Metacortex.
 
hmmm... I thought it'd be harder... it only appears for a couple of seconds. Your go.
 
It was also in the news since the company is a real computer secruity company.
http://www.mcortex.com/

Okay here's one for cinema goers, what is the referrence to Batman, given in the film Superman returns?
 
They do indeed.
 
In Full Metal Jacket, the Gunnery Sgt. changes the names of the recruits. He calls Matthew Modine "Joker"; Arliss Howard "Cowboy" and so on. Vincent D'Onofrio plays "Gomer Pyle", another nickname by the Gunnery Sgt. What's D'Onofrio's character's real name?
 
Pvt Charles I think.
 
Leonard
 
"Every one hates me now, Joker."

"Nobody hates you, Leonard."

Great flick.
 
His name was Pvt Lawrence, Leonard was just his first name. I couldn't remember it exactley but I can remember him beign criticised for it sounding like a posh name.
 
well, yeah.... before the gunnery sgt. renames him Gomer Pyle, he says his name is Lawrence. Then Joker calls him Leonard.
 
How does private Joker get promoted to squad leader over private snowball?
 
How does private Joker get promoted to squad leader over private snowball?

I wouldn't think that part to be in your likeable parts of the movie... he admits he doesn't believe in the Virgin Mary... and later refuses to answer a direct question of the gunner sgt. because he thinks whatever answer he gives will be intepreted as wrong... According to the gunnery sgt., he promotes Joker because although he doesn't believe in in the Virgin Mary, he's got integrity and balls...

or something like that
 
I wouldn't think that part to be in your likeable parts of the movie... he admits he doesn't believe in the Virgin Mary... and later refuses to answer a direct question of the gunner sgt. because he thinks whatever answer he gives will be intepreted as wrong... According to the gunnery sgt., he promotes Joker because although he doesn't believe in in the Virgin Mary, he's got integrity and balls...

or something like that

That's exactly right.
 
What kind of reports were the guys in Office Space repeateldy asked to turn in?
 
What kind of reports were the guys in Office Space repeateldy asked to turn in?

TPS reports...

Those blasted cover sheets! Where's that stupid memo!!!
 
rightey-o!
 
What's the name of the two restaurants next to the one where Jennifer aniston works? Also from Office Space.
 
one of them is Crotchkie's.... the other is.... Friday's?
 
Chili's and Flingers?
 
Chili's and Flingers?

That's it!

See, I can come up with a good (actual) question every now and again. :sly:
 
Indeed! I even Googled it and came up empty handed. Great question. Hopefuly Kyle will come up with something I have a remote chance at.
 
In Happy Gilmore, which of Shooter McGavin's clubs does Mr. Larson bend into a horseshoe? (Even if you haven't seen the movie, there's only 14 or 15 choices ;)).
 
4 Iron? (Guess)
 
Back