Movie Trivia Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diego440
  • 503 comments
  • 22,237 views
The films album is Who made who by ACDC.

And what a stupid ending that film has.
 
live4speed
The films album is Who made who by ACDC.

And what a stupid ending that film has.

Yup. Your go
 
Okay a quick one, the 2004 movie Criminal was a re-make of what film?
 
Well if I had to venture a guess, I'm saying that it was "Nine Queens" only they replaced stamps with currency... I liked Nine Queens more, just for the record...

Gimme a second to come up with something... If I'm right that is... Which I am :p

One question, how did you ever seen this movie in the first place..? Nine Queens I mean, I had a really hard time and never would have had it not been for a movie festival kind of thing we have here in town that play smaller movies like this one.

Okay, I got one... What movie is Magnificent Seven based on?
 
I have it on DVD, I'd seen Criminal first and I heared it was based on a better film (nine Queens, so I looked it up and bought it)


The Magnificent Seven was based on The Seven Samurai.
 
Yup... Your go... Actuelly, one thing, the Japanese title of Seven Samurai is translated as Magnificent Seven...
 
I didn't know that 👍.

In the film Aliens, how many aliens at the most are ever seen on screen at once?
 
er... six?
 
err... yes. Due to the budget they only had enough money to apportion to the costumes to ceate six alien suits, as a result you only see six on screen at any one time, though with clever editing it can seem as though there are far more in any whol scene.
 
live4speed
err... yes. Due to the budget they only had enough money to apportion to the costumes to ceate six alien suits, as a result you only see six on screen at any one time, though with clever editing it can seem as though there are far more in any whol scene.


I read something about that somewhere. Maybe we both have the same sources.

So... a movie music question.

What's the real name of "The Pulp Fiction song" and who plays it.
 
Canadian Speed
Yup... Your go... Actuelly, one thing, the Japanese title of Seven Samurai is translated as Magnificent Seven...

That is incorrect. The japanese title is Seven Samurai, Shichinin no Samurai

And Seven Samurai is the basis for A Bug's Life as well. Yojimbo is A Fistfull of Dollars.
 
Diego440
I read something about that somewhere. Maybe we both have the same sources.

So... a movie music question.

What's the real name of "The Pulp Fiction song" and who plays it.
Miserlou by Dick Dale and the Del-Tones.
 
speedy_samurai
Yojimbo is A Fistfull of Dollars.
Another good one: "Last Man Standing" with Bruce Willis. I didn't know this until just recently. It was pretty well done. 👍

P.S. I prefer "Sanjuro"(sequel) to "Yojimbo".
 
Solid Lifters
Miserlou by Dick Dale and the Del-Tones.

yes yes yes...

I hate it when people call it "The Pulp Fiction Song"... especially because the song has existed more than 20 years before Pulp Fiction :grumpy:

Your go
 
speedy_samurai
That is incorrect. The japanese title is Seven Samurai, Shichinin no Samurai

And Seven Samurai is the basis for A Bug's Life as well. Yojimbo is A Fistfull of Dollars.

At the bottom you will see Also Known As.

Under it, you will see Shichi-nin No Samurai (alternate translation) Then Maginificent Seven... My bad, I thought that it was an alternate translation of the Japanese name... Sorry for the confusion. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047478/
 
Diego440
yes yes yes...

I hate it when people call it "The Pulp Fiction Song"... especially because the song has existed more than 20 years before Pulp Fiction :grumpy:

Your go
Oops, I forgot to go...

I love that song. i have his version, Agent Orange's version and Junior Brown's version of that song and all of them are just fantastic.



What actor, who thought he was such a "tough guy," decided to do his own stunts, like riding a dirt bike, falling from a rocky cliff and falling into a tree, but when he cracked several ribs on a tree branch, cried out for real in horrible pain and used that shot in his movie, but then decided to never do another stunt in any of his future films? (The stunts are your clue.)
 
Jackie Chan? I know he broke his rib's falling from a tree but I thought he still did his own stunts though.
 
He alway has, and i think always will do his own stunts. He has had countless injuries.

I'm gonna guess at Steven Segal.
 
Sylvester Stallone

I'm guessing cause all 3 appear in Rambo!
 
...and I'll go with Arnold Schwarzenegger
 
It is Sly - like Sting said. He broke his ribs jumping from the cliff face into a pine forest whilst filming First Blood.
 
I'm a huge fan of that movie, but I had no idea. Very cool. 👍
 
Hmmmm.....

Transformers the movie Optimus Prime is killed, but passes on the Matrix to another AutoBot. Name the AutoBot that is given the matrix.
 
Oh lord, this is bringing me back to my childhood :lol:. It think it was Rodimus Prime.
 
live4speed
Oh lord, this is bringing me back to my childhood :lol:. It think it was Rodimus Prime.

haha trick question. Hot Rod receives it later in the film to become Rodimus Prime, but someone has it before him.
 
isn't Ultra Magnus?

Optimus Prime gives it to Ultra Magnus, who later gives it to Hot Rod.
 
TheCracker
It is Sly - like Sting said. He broke his ribs jumping from the cliff face into a pine forest whilst filming First Blood.

Yep, Sting got it correct. It was Sly, and the movie was First Blood.

He did most of his own stunts, up until breaking his ribs. Also, the part when Brian Denehey's character crashes his car was not supposed to happen, but they used it for the movie. During Rambo's escape from jail, he elbows a cop in the nose, and in real life he broke the actors nose and used that shot for the movie. Yep, the blood and the pain were real in that shot, too. And true to the movie, Sly was hated by the towns people. He said it all, "...went bad..." after ordering a fancy, yuppie drink in the local bar.
 
Diego440
isn't Ultra Magnus?

Optimus Prime gives it to Ultra Magnus, who later gives it to Hot Rod.

CORRECT!
 
Not to be picky or anything but Ultra Magnus never gives the Matrix to Hot Rod. Galvatron steals it from Ultra Magnus then Hot Rod fights Galvatron for it near the end of the movie, inside of Unicron, then releases the power of the Matrix in turn becoming Rodimus Prime :)

Nothing to do with the question though

Spec.....
 
thanks for letting us know you lack any kind of life


So, here's the question:

In the movie Requiem for a Dream, Sarah Goldfarb becomes "addicted" to a TV infomercial which features a guy called Tappy Tibbons (or something like that). In this infomercial (which becomes pretty important to the movie) Tappy says he did three things to change his life. What are the three things?

Hint: He eliminated three things from his life. So the things are
1. No _____
2. No _____
3. No _____
 
Back